Photos of Infinity in Seattle today-a beautiful day

DrKoob

Infinity is our home away from home. This summer we will board her for the 6th time. We love her and her crew. Today was the first day that she did her regular sailing out of Seattle so we had to go down and take her picture.

There is no really great place to see her though from the dock. Sometime later this summer I will take the ferry to Bremerton and back so I can get her from the water and get all of her. In the meantime I shot a big (five photo) panorama as well as too Zoomify shots that you can blow up. You will find them at http://www.koobraey.com/Solstice/Infinity/

We love having here in Seattle. We want to note that we were down at the Bell Street Pier at noon and it looked like people had been boarding for awhile. We could see people on the ship (you will see them in the Zoomify pics). And those that sailed today got one of the most beautiful days we have had in months. Highs in the low 80s and beautiful sunshine.

Enjoy the pics!

The best day (sea day) on Infinity

Rise (your choice of time)

Work out in gym

Shower, change,

Breakfast in the Aqua Spa

Coffee in the Cova Cafe

Stroll the ship or catch an activity

Lunch in the Aqua Spa, dining room or buffet (or the grille--they make the best burgers)

Laying in the sun, read a book, relax

Hit the T-pool. The world's most outstanding pool

Dress for dinner (unless you are late seating, then catch high tea or sushi)

Hit the martini bar before dinner. See if Eliseo is still there. The best martini bar waiter in the world (the best bartender is on Galaxy--Sudi).

Have a wonderful dinner in the dining room or really have the best dinner ever in the United States Dining room.

Then either head to the show (if you haven't been on an X ship before and seen all the shows) or back to the martini bar to watch the ship go by.

That's our perfect day. Usually done with friends. Either friends we bring with us or new Cruise Critic pals.

I just got off Infinity this morning in Seattle. She was lovely, I had a very very nice time despite HORRENDOUS weather. Oh my, so many days of grey foggy rough seas -- 60 knot headwinds gusting to 70...but the ship was good and the cruise was fun and the ports were interesting.

The best day (sea day) on Infinity

Rise (your choice of time)

Work out in gym

Shower, change,

Breakfast in the Aqua Spa

Coffee in the Cova Cafe

Stroll the ship or catch an activity

Lunch in the Aqua Spa, dining room or buffet (or the grille--they make the best burgers)

Laying in the sun, read a book, relax

Hit the T-pool. The world's most outstanding pool

Dress for dinner (unless you are late seating, then catch high tea or sushi)

Hit the martini bar before dinner. See if Eliseo is still there. The best martini bar waiter in the world (the best bartender is on Galaxy--Sudi).

Have a wonderful dinner in the dining room or really have the best dinner ever in the United States Dining room.

Then either head to the show (if you haven't been on an X ship before and seen all the shows) or back to the martini bar to watch the ship go by.

That's our perfect day. Usually done with friends. Either friends we bring with us or new Cruise Critic pals.

We just got off (reluctantly) the Infinity last friday - 5/9. Your perfect sea day sounds exactly like ours! I love the martini bar. For all who are sailing her this summer, check out Carlos Avalon on the piano in Michaels. We had many nights of great fun singing along with him! This was our first X cruise, and definately not our last. One of the best parts was meeting all our new cruise critic friends onboard!

Julie

Julie,

Can you tell me if our old buddy Eliseo was in the Martini Bar? If you aren't sure of his name, you can see his picture by clicking here:

http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Travel/Caribbean_Martini_Movie.html

It's a movie of him shaking martinis so it make take a few minutes to load but it will bring back some great memories of the Martini Bar.

We are also wondering if our old friend Marta was onboard. She is about 23 or 24 and is a cocktail waitress that we see all over the ship. She is from Ecuador and a fantastic person. Her picture is here: http://web.mac.com/jimbellomo/Travel/Med_Cruise_Photos_1.html#25

You may not recognize her because I didn't catch her smiling.

Jim

Archived