Precious Moments doll

feisty_tuffy

I am hoping someone who has been to Tahiti before will have maybe seen or noticed this.....and I know I am really stretching memories and details to the absolute limit...but here goes:

I collect Precious Moment dolls, I have over 400 and thus my living room has no real furniture just curio cabinets. There is a doll called Tiare, she represents Tahitian Natives in the Children of the World collection. I would really like to buy one in Tahiti. We have bought them from the other places/countries we have visited and I was wondering has anyone noticed a place on the islands that sells Precious Moments?

The more I read the more it seems that (Thank Goodness) commercialization isnt as heavy in these ports. (I for one will be glad not to see a Diamonds International...how many stinkin pairs of tanzanite earrings do you need?)

Anyway I know its a stretch but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

:o Linda

The only place that I can think of that you may be able to find it is in Papeete. Give yourself a couple of hours to browse throughout the city. Some of the bigger jewellery stores may carry figurines but I really doubt that they would have something like "Precious Moments". Have you tried e-Bay or Craigslist?

I am hoping someone who has been to Tahiti before will have maybe seen or noticed this.....and I know I am really stretching memories and details to the absolute limit...but here goes:

I collect Precious Moment dolls, I have over 400 and thus my living room has no real furniture just curio cabinets. There is a doll called Tiare, she represents Tahitian Natives in the Children of the World collection. I would really like to buy one in Tahiti. We have bought them from the other places/countries we have visited and I was wondering has anyone noticed a place on the islands that sells Precious Moments?

The more I read the more it seems that (Thank Goodness) commercialization isnt as heavy in these ports. (I for one will be glad not to see a Diamonds International...how many stinkin pairs of tanzanite earrings do you need?)

Anyway I know its a stretch but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

:o Linda

Okay, Linda, it seems to me that I was making some snarky (sorry) comments about those figurines when we were in a store in Papeete. Facing the main drag (Blvd Pomare), there is a large store that carries office suppies in front with a bookstore in back (the only store in town that carried office supplies at the time).

We are headed back in October - are you after or before that? I'd be happy to try and find out for you.

I've gone through all my guidebooks and can't find it, but that doesn't mean anything. When you get off the ship, the visitor's center is just to your right. If you ask about a bookstore/office supply store, I'm sure they could direct you to it. You might need to stress that it wasn't an English bookstore- it only carried French language books when we were there.

Charlie you are one heck of a guy!!!! We sail 10-20 and if I have read correctly you are sailing the trip ahead of us. So if all goes well we meet on board for more than just an exchange of this information, because frankly I want to meet you. I have read your most helpful posts and think you are one awesome guy! I have read about your cat/kitten experience so you are an animal lover as well.

Thanks for the help and yeah its ok that you made a snarky comment about my dolls.....not everyone likes them.....I can buy the doll on ebay or from Aloha kids in Hawaii, but I really wanted it to be the special item I brought back.....well I will also buy a locally made doll.....and um well maybe a few other things....lol.

Linda

Charlie you are one heck of a guy!!!! We sail 10-20 and if I have read correctly you are sailing the trip ahead of us. So if all goes well we meet on board for more than just an exchange of this information, because frankly I want to meet you. I have read your most helpful posts and think you are one awesome guy! I have read about your cat/kitten experience so you are an animal lover as well.

Thanks for the help and yeah its ok that you made a snarky comment about my dolls.....not everyone likes them.....I can buy the doll on ebay or from Aloha kids in Hawaii, but I really wanted it to be the special item I brought back.....well I will also buy a locally made doll.....and um well maybe a few other things....lol.

Linda

:D Actually, Charlie is a nickname - I'm a girl! However, I took the moniker because I work in a non-traditional job and it was easier to get in the door with everyone thinking I ws a guy.

And you are correct - we are sailing on the 10/10 cruise, so we'll just have to make plans to connect on board. if you'd like, drop me an e mail at charliekirby@comcast.net and we'll set something up.

And you are entirely welcome for whatever little bit I've contributed to make your cruise great!

Cheers!

Archived