Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

OK everyone, all up to the Sky Bar, Granny is picking up the tab.....it is one whole year ago today, that I threw my spectacular attention seaking heart attack in the Australian Outback!!:D After being told I wouldnt see 2008 without drastic measures, I have gone on to survive Lisbon Police, Japanese earthquakes and even AMTRAK!! :eek: almost 3 months on Seabourn was a good way to recuperate!

Well done Lorraine! Keep up the good work. Dates like that always make you think back; I know the feeling!

Everybody who had to go through something like you, should be able to at least once experience Seabourn. A pity things like that can't be organized. Most people would be happy if they would get medical care at all.

I hope you will enjoy today. Have a glass of champagne to celebrate!

Marja

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rottie,

I just returned from a "Lakebourn" outing. Drove down to Lake Amistad (between Texas and Mexico) to spend July 4th with my son at his lakehouse. Good food and great company.:p

Funny story.....driving back on Highway 277 we are stopped at a U.S. Border checkpoint. Yesterday, as always, the Border Patrol fellow ran a'round my car with the drug dog. I heard the Border Officer giving the dog instructions......I knew he was speaking a foreign language, but NOT Spanish! I ask him, "what language are you speaking to your Border collie?" He looked up and said, "Oh, he only speaks DUTCH! How strange.....:eek: Twenty miles from Mexico!

Marja, sure wish you had been with me........you could have visited with the cute and nice Border Patrolman and his handsome dog!

Rottie, surely wish you would book a Seabourn Crossing with us ~~~we could lift our champagne flutes and pretend we were sailing into RIO!

Have a great and safe weekend!

Martita B.

Hi Martha.....

So good to hear you are well & causing trouble all over the planet!!!!

A few months agao my Laptop crashed & I lost all my info.....please email me so I can fill you in.....

My beloved Father passed away in May...its been a rough 1.5 year....

Thank you for your advice.....perhaps Dad & your Mom are visiting now.....

Yes a Seabourn voyage is what I need.....

Hugs

Rottie,

I am so saddened to hear of your loss ~~~losing a parent is devastating. I still miss my Mother so very much.......life really is never again the same after losing one's parent. Bless your heart.

I believe I have your e-mail address and will send you mail this morning.

Please consider booking the Pride TA Oct. 30th Crossing ~~many fun, seasoned Seabournites will be aboard! The Crossing would be quite easy for you as it begins in Lisboa and ends in Ft. Laud. I checked just last week and there is still space available. Come join us ~~there is no better therapy for healing a disappointment and loss.

Hug's sent North:p

MB

This made me chuckle, it's from USA Today, today.

>"A first-class passenger on a Delta flight apparently became so angry that coach-class passengers were able to exit his jet before he could that "he yanked open an emergency hatch and slid down the chute," The Associated Press reports. The incident happened in the South American country of Guyana, where local police said the man –- identified as a Guyanese citizen –- appeared to be intoxicated after arriving on Delta's flight from New York. The incident, confirmed yesterday by Guyanese authorities, occurred Friday. Delta spokesman Junior Horatio tells AP that the carrier plans to press charges against the man for interfering with flight crew members."

This made me chuckle, it's from USA Today, today.

>"A first-class passenger on a Delta flight apparently became so angry that coach-class passengers were able to exit his jet before he could that "he yanked open an emergency hatch and slid down the chute," The Associated Press reports. The incident happened in the South American country of Guyana, where local police said the man –- identified as a Guyanese citizen –- appeared to be intoxicated after arriving on Delta's flight from New York. The incident, confirmed yesterday by Guyanese authorities, occurred Friday. Delta spokesman Junior Horatio tells AP that the carrier plans to press charges against the man for interfering with flight crew members."

Great story. Is First Class passenger on Delta an oxymoron :confused:

Miss M I'm at the office and don't have your email address with me . I mailed you a copy of a letter that I received over the 4th . It was written by Mrs. JR Brinkley..Del Rio to a relative here .You will receive it maybe on Friday . You will love it !!!:p :D Be on the look out !!!!:D :D :D

John III:D

John

Thank you so much for thinking of me ~~I shall certainly be on the look out for your letter.

I heard from friends that other good friends (from Del Rio) had bought Dr. Brinkley's mansion and are in the process of restoring, renovating it. I know it will be a "show place."

Hug's sent,

MB

• 4 weeks later...

HI Brian and Kay...

Happy Yorkshire Day!

>"Yorkshire Day was started in 1975 to restore pride in a county undermined by the loss of its traditional industries.

It falls on 1 August to mark the date in 1759 when soldiers from Yorkshire regiments placed white roses alongside fallen comrades on the battlefield of Minden in Germany."

From USA Today (Today):

TSA to allow laptops to stay in approved bags

WASHINGTON (AP) — There's a new option for people annoyed at having to take their laptops out of their bags at airport security. The Transportation Security Administration will now allow travelers to leave their computers inside "checkpoint friendly" cases.

The new rules, announced Tuesday and set to take effect Aug. 16, are intended to help streamline the X-ray inspection lines.

TSA said it reached out to bag manufacturers this year to design laptop cases that would provide a clear, unobstructed image of the computer as it passed through an X-ray machine. The agency said the new bags will be available for purchase this month.

To qualify as "checkpoint friendly," a bag must have a designated laptop-only section that unfolds to lie flat on the X-ray machine belt and contains no metal snaps, zippers or buckles and no pockets.

Among the manufacturers selling TSA-approved laptop bags are Mobile Edge, Skooba Design and Targus Inc.

Since it's the dog days of summer here in Philly and certainly in west Texas where Miss M lives, I thought I would post this recipe for one of her favorite drinks...albeit frozen.

Mojito Pops

1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice

2 1/2 cups club soda

1 cup water

1/3 cup fresh mint leaves

1 lemon peeled and cut into wedges (optional)

3 limes peeled and cut into wedges (optional)

1 1/2 cups sugar

4 TBSP light rum

Pour the lime juice, club soda and water into a pitcher and let stand 5 min

Add the mint, lemon and lime wedges (optional) sugar, and rum into pitcher

Pour into pop molds or ice cube trays, distributing the lemons and limes

Insert sticks and freeze for at least 12 hours

Remove from the freezer, let stand for a bit and then remove from molds.

Kick back and enjoy.

Makes 24 2oz ice cube tray pops or 8 6oz pops.

Thanks Jane for the cooling recipe ~~I'll try it! Sounds delicious!

Here's a summer soup recipe: akin to Seabourn's berry soup

Strawberry cold soup

slice 2 bananas in a blender, add a small carton frozen strawberries, 2 t. sugar, add whipping cream and blend until smooth.

This is sooo good on a hot summer day!

Enjoy

Martita B.

Another summer favorite:

Cold Corn Soup

Cut the kernnels off 4 - 5 ears of fresh corn - place in bowl, add

2 cups almond milk

1 - 2 tsp diced onion

1 diced avacado

1 tsp cummin

salt and pepper - mix

garnish with sprouts and diced red bell pepper.