Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

I had a similar problem on another forum some 3 years or so ago and though I am a bit vague about the details, the difficulty was with my computer and I think it was because Java was out of date. Installing the up-to date version cured it.

Go to User CP in the menu across the CC page; click it, and go to Settings and Options, and choose Edit Options. Then, check in Thread Display Options and make sure Show Images is checked...

Maybe that'll help!

Paul ;)

Go to User CP in the menu across the CC page; click it, and go to Settings and Options, and choose Edit Options. Then, check in Thread Display Options and make sure Show Images is checked...Maybe that'll help!

Paul ;)

Not for me, it's always been checked. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I get a photo to share, will try the 'manage attachments' again. Or ask Dan to help, as he did so recently!

Things seem to be normal again on this thread!

I can see previous and next page again!

So I now could read back the answer Cands/Steve gave me!

Thank you very much Steve!

I seem to be able to do it now. However, your photos are still far bigger.

But you need a "yahoo" account to use Flickr, don't you?

And I wasn't able to use the photos from my "facebook" page!

Or was it because I took a photo from the "Seabourn guests" group?

I will try again.

But now I used Photo Bucket.

Thanks again!

Marja

I am trying to put another Countdown Clock and picture on my signature and I can't do it! Can some kind soul tell me what to do, please? Also, why can't I see photos when it says 'Attached Thumbnail'? Thare's nothing there to click on! Is it because I'm in the UK or am I really a 'techno numpty' (my husband's description of me!)

What he doesn't acknowledge is all the fantastic info I get from CC to make his cruises so much better!

Go to User CP in the menu across the CC page; click it, and go to Settings and Options, and choose Edit Options. Then, check in Thread Display Options and make sure Show Images is checked...

Maybe that'll help!

Paul ;)

Paul,

Thank you! Thank you!

Actually, I don't think that Thread Display Options is the correct thing for solving my problem (although I clicked that also, as well as several other options - I had not ever set up my User Options, as it turns out!! :eek: ).

To get the fully advanced reply option, one should go to Message Editor Interface (at bottom of Edit Options page) and select Enhanced Interface from the drop-down menu. Voila! Hopefully, JaneBP, this will work for you too. :)

This is great! It makes things so much easier and better. Thanks again, Paul!

Jackie

Edited by Jassy

[To get the fully advanced reply option, one should go to Message Editor Interface (at bottom of Edit Options page) and select Enhanced Interface from the drop-down menu. Voila! Hopefully, JaneBP, this will work for you too. :)

This is great! It makes things so much easier and better. Thanks again, Paul!

Jackie

To tell the truth, I just "stopped" at what I quickly found, thinking it might be it.... I'm glad you kept "digging" and found "exactly" what was necessary! (Mine's set up with the Enhanced Interface already....)

Congrats, Jackie!

Paul ;)

Well, now it's a whole new world! I always wondered how posters changed fonts, sizes, and other clever things.

Of course, I still don't have any photos, but will plan on taking some in October! Thanks to all!

For images you may have to go to the same options page but up a little higher to "Thread Display Options" and check off "show images" / signatures etc.

There may also be a forum default restriction on the size of signature which prevents too many timers, or just too large a file. Spammers would simply have a huge signature full of crap links and then make a million auto posts, if they could.

Note: The maximum size of your custom (signature) image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Normally I would feel sorry for you, but anyone who has more than two future trips counting down does not qualify for any of my "off-board sympathy credit vouchers".

Mind you, you may be able to shrink the file size using some graphics programs. I could try for you but I'm not sure where you get the countdowns from.

Things seem to be normal again on this thread!

I can see previous and next page again!

So I now could read back the answer Cands/Steve gave me!

Thank you very much Steve!

I seem to be able to do it now. However, your photos are still far bigger.

But you need a "yahoo" account to use Flickr, don't you?

And I wasn't able to use the photos from my "facebook" page!

Or was it because I took a photo from the "Seabourn guests" group?

I will try again.

But now I used Photo Bucket.

Thanks again!

Marja

Yippee, Marja, and thanks to everyone else who helped sort out this mystery.

I don't know much about the other photo sharing websites, but certainly flickr 'stores' several sizes of photo when you upload to it.

It then gives a URL address for several different sizes from a tiny avatar size up to huge.

Have fun!

Regards,

Steve.

This is really funny!

After a long day........... several hospital "appointments", I was (while watching soccer Holland - Norway, the start of the match) kind of preparing my nails (they are in bad shape) to put on my "Seabourn-nail" probably Friday evening, just before our Pride cruise that starts on Saturday!

What a coincidence!

Capt. G.A. asked me if he could take that photo, while Sacha was in the Sky Bar! "Thumbs up for the Sky Bar Team"!

Marja

I don't quite understand this phrase Farscraper:

(maybe you can explain) My English is not THAT good!

Marja

Normally I would feel sorry for you, but anyone who has more than two future trips counting down does not qualify for any of my "off-board sympathy credit vouchers".

Funny, from the same "File": Captain G.A. says this is "Bob", but to me this guy looks a lot like my René!

Marja

Hi Marja!!

I can vouch for Captain G-A that the gentleman in the picture is really Bob and not your René because I was about 30 feet away photographing the same sunset! G-A zoomed in and underexposed the photo for creative effect. I, on the other hand wanted more light to capture the light reflecting off the water during that sunset. I have included my photo below so you can see it was not René photographing that gorgeous sunset and that I am not pulling your leg.

68993e86.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is a 'TWO-fer'.

1. Happy Birthday Eric De Gray (who, I hear is on vacation in Spain) and...

2. Happy Canada Day (tomorrow) to all our dear cruising friends north of our border!

I don't quite understand this phrase Farscraper:

(maybe you can explain) My English is not THAT good!

Marja

Sorry to make it confusing. Merely dry wit combined with pure envy. A harmless poke at your good fortune relative to the minor inconvenience you experienced.