You show me yours...i`ll show you mine...

joanagain

It was on Holland's site. If you go to the deck plans it shows both the current letter designation and the future V_. And I got the same info from my TA. :confused:
My observation of the Zuiderdam was on the HAL sight. Which ship were you looking at?

10 day cruise on Volendam East Farer Cat. S $2000 per person - $100 voucher. I wasn't looking for bargains and I chose my suite. I'm not sure if I could have done better or not. I just wanted what I wanted and was willing to pay for it.;)

Leaving on Sunday!!!! Can't wait!

Because it's crass to talk about price in public. Either you're perceived as the chubby guy in the bright plaid polyester pants with an open shirt (lot's of hair poking out) and an oddly colored "gold" chain who constantly wants to tell you what a deal he got, or else you give the impression of the jumped-up yuppy-wannabe who's out to impress with how much he overpaid. It's definitely a lose-lose situation. :(

-dave

It doesn't bother me what anyone paid and I don't mind telling what I paid. If I did good, then others know they also can do good, if I got ripped, then others know they can do better. Either way, I just pick a cruise I want, pick a room I want and go for it.

As long as I'm sailing and having a good time, being waited on and being fed well....I'm a happy "sailure"!:)

joan- I don't mind saying what we paid - we paid just a bit less than you did - about $1,100 pp - but we are one catagory below you, I think. We also received $50pp shipboard credit for a promo I read about on these boards and $100 shipboard credit from our TA... oh, and a "gift of wine" which will be Sutter Home White Zinfandel, as it usually is. :)

Hope this answers the question - I didn't mean to be vague, but I am a bit reluctant (as are some others) as someone else will be bound to have "a better deal" than mine, and the less I know about that, the happier I can be with the price I paid. :)

I forgot to include the basket from the TA and the Russel Stover chocolates, brut wine and something else and the pretty little basket it all came with...along with the really nice "leather-like" document wallet.;)

Oh I sure do:D !!! So funny. I have a friend who does this constantly! Always getting the best "deal" on any shopping she ever does.

On the other hand, she always has to one-up me when I book a cruise. Just this week I told her I booked the Panama Canal cruise for Oct. 05. She immediately told me that they were going to book a cruise of the British Isles for the Spring and then they were also going to do the Panama Canal in the Fall.

This year as soon as we booked our Eastern Caribbean cruise for this November, she booked the same cruise in December. And of course she insists she will only cruise Princess because nothing else compares or even comes close:eek: and she always pays less than we do by just a few $$$.

Come to think of it, why is this woman my friend????!!!!:rolleyes:

Doncha just love it when someone tells you what they paid for something and don't add in the tax...as though it didn't come out of their pocket along with the item?:D

10/30 Zuiderdam, $2300 total for S for both of us. That is about $200 higher than the 09/04 cruise we booked and had to cancel. We booked with an online agency that was $300 lower than just about anything else we saw. After we booked the 10/30, the price went down so I asked for a credit. We got it or so they say. We've not received the bill yet.

My observation of the Zuiderdam was on the HAL sight. Which ship were you looking at?

The HAL site shows all the Vista Class ships (Zui, Oos, Wes) the same:

A = VA

AA = VB

B = VC

BA = VD

BB = VE

BC = VF

The HAL site shows all the Vista Class ships (Zui, Oos, Wes) the same:

A = VA

AA = VB

B = VC

BA = VD

BB = VE

BC = VF

Karen,

That's what I reported above. If you look at your post on the previous page you had VD = BB and VE = BA, which is not what you just posted. I think you have it correct now.

Dear Nasmas;

Are you sure your numbers are correct? We have friends on the same cruise as you on the Zuiderdam in the same category S suite and they were dumbfounded with the quote you were given. Their agent told them that nothing in this category is available at that charge. May we assume that your rate is without taxes, port charges, etc.?

Dewit,

I just looked up the 10/30 cruise that Nasmas is taking on an internet site. The total price (including port and taxes) was a just couple of dollars less than what Nasmus is paying.

Dewit,

I just looked up the 10/30 cruise that Nasmas is taking on an internet site. The total price (including port and taxes) was a just couple of dollars less than what Nasmus is paying.

Out of curiousity I just checked a couple of online sites as well: One quoted $2576, but the other quoted $2312.08 including taxes and fees. That's a fantastic price ... makes me want to wait until the last minute next time!!!:D

I had thought that early booking was the way to go, but maybe not!

Are these type discounts common on this size ship as you get close to the sailing date? I guess I will wait for the last minute to book, then find out that I should have booked a year earlier !! ha.

I had thought that early booking was the way to go, but maybe not!

Are these type discounts common on this size ship as you get close to the sailing date? I guess I will wait for the last minute to book, then find out that I should have booked a year earlier !! ha.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If a cruise sells well, the price will probably go up and vice versa. However, booking early will lock in your price and it can always go down if there's a subsequent price drop. Also, by booking early you can get your choice of cabin.

Dear Nasmas;

Are you sure your numbers are correct? We have friends on the same cruise as you on the Zuiderdam in the same category S suite and they were dumbfounded with the quote you were given. Their agent told them that nothing in this category is available at that charge. May we assume that your rate is without taxes, port charges, etc.?

No, that was the total. On the site after we booked, it was $1081, per person. before we asked for the adjustment, we'd paid $2500+ ( I don't have the exact figure with me) and after I asked for the adjustment, it is $2300, so yes, taxes and port fees were included. I'd love to tell you the site but that's a no no. e-mail me at edmassey@tcworks.net and I'll tell you which on-line site I used. You do have to check them daily though because they do change. Sometimes they run them lower for two to three days then they go back up. But, on this 10/30 cruise, there are still 11 (as of yesterday) S rooms available, so they might go even lower.

I would tell you what I paid if I remembered, I just don't. I have noticed that the good deals are more prevalent when there is high volume, that is, the Caribbean and Alaska have more excellent deals.

I have paid higher prices for the rare New England and/or Hawaiian cruises than I have for any of the Caribbean or Alaska trips. -

Archived