Host, Why no email in our profiles?

Are we forbidden from ever contacting each other away from this board?

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

No not at all.

Due to some problems with folks visiting Cruise Critic just for the purpose of "harvesting" e-mail contacts and turning around sending out spam, we took the information out.

Some of the mail looked like it came from us and it had problems.

Laura is looking at other alternatives.

For now, we suggest putting the e-mail address on your signature line if you want it there.

Mike M.

Your host from North Carolina.

cchostmike@yahoo.com

Next Cruise -

April 11, 2004

VOYAGER OF THE SEAS

March 26, 2005

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS

Other then that ----

MAKE ME AN OFFER...

Host Mike,

I'd do that, but we're not suppossed to according to Host Laura.

Those that have their email in their profile that is not correct (such as Cruisecritic_@_xxx.com don't get spam. Mine is listed that way and I have never had a problem.

I think the users of cruisecritic should have the choice of whether or not to list their email.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Hi,

I posted a workaround a couple days ago, but nobody replied to it, so it fell off the top of the list. icon_smile.gif

If you aren't using the IM field in your profile, you can select "other" as your IM type, and then put your e-mail address in the IM name field. Or if you are using your IM field, you can probably just pick a different field and stick your e-mail address in there anyway, people will be able to see it.

As SPAM is a problem, I would recommend some effort of protection, either as previously mentioned, disguising your address, or using an account with spam filtering (I use Yahoo.. works ok, but not perfect).

Theron

Explorer of the Seas 9/27/03 Western

Celebrity Century 9/28/02 Eastern (Thanks to Lili)

Cruise Tip Calculator - Calculate the amount and type of bills you need to stuff your tipping envelopes:

http://members.aol.com/CruiseTip/

• Administrators

That's an excellent suggestion TP...utilize a different field for your e-mail address. Everyone (except TA's and tour operators) can go ahead and do that.

Best bet is to include in your signature....and include a simple no spam addition to it....so our members can contact you BUT spammers and harvesters will have tough time stealing.

Laura

Laura Sterling

Community Manager

Up4travel@aol.com

Cruise Critic

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Laura, I really take exception to your remark about TA's and tour operators. I am a TA and why shouldn't I be able to list my e-mail address in my profile, if I wish to? I am not forcing anyone to contact me by listing my e-mail address and someone may want to contact me about something entirely different. I was a CC member long before I became a TA, so why should my rights as a CC member be skewed by the fact that I'm a TA?

It seems to me, that so long as a TA is not advertising on these message boards, you should leave them alone and stop isolating them. After all, it seems like the TA's that frequent these boards have provided a lot of assistance for people who need it. There are even posts requesting help from TA's. Give us a break icon_frown.gif

Beverly

Southward 1988, Britannis 1994, Dolphin IV 1995, Star Princess (old version) 1996, Sea Princess 1999, Seabreeze 1999, Rembrandt 2000, Destiny 2000, Seabreeze 2000, Triumph 2000, Norwegian Majesty 2001, Destiny 2001, Sensation 2002, Victory 2002, Destiny 2003, Vision of the Seas 2003, Triumph 2003, Voyager of the Seas 2004,

I agree. How is the host suppossed to decern who's a TA and who is not anyway. I'll put my email in my sig as suggested by host.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01