SOOO Upset - Tried to use American Airlines Advantage Mikes for AOS Flight

trumpeter42 -
I'll also be on AOS 1/30....10 PM departure is the norm in San Juan.

Explorer of the Seas ~ 10/02
Majesty of the Seas ~ 1/03
Majesty of the Seas ~ 8/11/03
Navigator of the Seas ~ 10/11/03
Serenade of the Seas ~ 1/31/04

Thanks! I've been avoiding this cruise because the airfare to SJ was so expensive. It's much cheaper to go to Florida to catch Carribean cruises.

Then I won 1,000,000 air miles in an Air Canada contest that I was automatically entered into when I booked flights for my JOS cruise this summer. It's really nice shopping for cruises without having to budget for airfare!!

See you there [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Voyager - Dec,2001
Jewel - Aug, 2004
Adventure - Jan, 2005

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trumpeter42:
I just used Air miles to buy my flights to San Juan on Air Canada to board AOS on Jan 30, 2005. After reading this thread, I thought I'd better book them now (even though I haven't actually booked the cruise yet). As a rule, I always go the day before. Unfortunately, they only fly there on the date of the cruise in the morning.. or a week prior.

I noticed that the AOS itinerary on the RCCL website has a later than normal departure time.. 10pm. So with our 12:30pm arrival, we have 8 hours or so of leeway for delays. Can anyone who's done this cruise before confirm that late departure time?

Voyager - Dec,2001
Jewel - Aug, 2004
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why are you booking on Air Canada? Use their partner, United, surely they go there more than once a week.. and with the current state of Air Canada, you might actually get there. Booking on line only allows you to book Air Canada, phone them and you can book United.

Island Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas
11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas
Alaska - Dawn Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cruise Junky:
Why are you booking on Air Canada? Use their partner, United, surely they go there more than once a week.. and with the current state of Air Canada, you might actually get there. Booking on line only allows you to book Air Canada, phone them and you can book United.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Right now, it would be silly to bet on either of these airlines against the other! Both are in a pretty critical state.

Agreed, they are both in a critical state, but whose got the better schedule to San Juan, I'm betting it's not Air Canada!

Island Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]
Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas
11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas
Alaska - Dawn Princess

Air Canada's schedule seems fine for the particular cruise I want.. Jan 30 - Feb 6 on AOS. Flight arrives at 12:35pm on Jan 30, leaves on Feb 6 a 3 something in the afternoon.

Voyager - Dec,2001
Jewel - Aug, 2004
Adventure - Jan, 2005

Canadian friends! Note my posting a little earlier on this thread - yes it leaves at 10:00 p.m. and granted you have 8 hours to spare, but that 8 hours can go quickly, especially in January. Realize you don't have many options, but I would really try to go in a day early if at all possible. I vividly remember several years ago when we were flying in the day of a cruise and our flight was delayed, sitting watching the snow at O'Hare thinking there goes the ship!! (We made it, just, but it wasn't worth the headaches and hassle). At least buy insurance!

• 9 months later...
All the upset I have read in this thread is the reason I gave up a specific mileage card in favor of a Capital One card. I have never had problems getting the flights I want on any airline. I pay no fee, charge everything possible and pay it off every month. When I'm looking for a flight, I go on line to find the shedule I want and then call the redemption center to request my flights. I do usually book about 2-3 months ahead. In Dec. 2004, I used my miles for a trip to Hawaii and had no problem.

Norma

The one thing I like about AA.com is that you can search for advantage miles flights. Hold you mouse over Reservations, then Book Flight, then AAdavantage Award. I booked a trip for my wife to meet me last year where she flew into Lisbon and then out of Frankfurt using both Brittish Air and American, but I researched looking at both FF flights and $ flights.

Archived