teen club first night?

SurftheWave

Hey i wanted to go to the teen club this time on the cruise, i went once, but i was only 11. Now im 16. The past 2 cruises i had no one to hang out with, because i didnt really become friends with anyone. All the kids in the teen club hung out together, but it would be akward for me to just join in one night. I sail on the dream out of boston next sunday (june 1st) and wanted to go to the teen club the first night, so ill have some kids my age to hang out with during the week. I wanted to know what activities they did the first night. I know they have something called "the icebreakers" or something like that, what exactly is that? thanks.

Yes, go to the club the first night. They have ice breakers and such. Times will be listed in the dailies. Remember, everyone is in the same boat, so to speak, and looking for others to hang out with. My kids, 14 and 16 have met some great kids and still keep in touch with them to this day. Have fun!

Generally the first night is sign up and meet the other teens. A lot of times there isn't enough participation for scheduled activities. The teens end up hanging out with each other and they have fun. I know on a few cruises they will go to dinner together, sometimes dressing up.

This summer my son is having a cruise party. This will be for people he has met on various cruises that he has stayed in touch with over the years. The first was 2004, the most recent 2008.

I hope you have as much fun with the group as my kids have had. Make sure you end up with everyone's e-mail/facebook/myspace/whatever at the end.

Have you checked the roll call for your cruise to see if there are other teens going?

yea i checked the roll call and have been asking around, no teens yet. at least not around my age. last year too i was the only 15 year old on board, others were 13 or like 17. Then the year before (2 years ago) i didnt meet a girl my age till the last night, wich sucked.

yea i checked the roll call and have been asking around, no teens yet. at least not around my age. last year too i was the only 15 year old on board, others were 13 or like 17. Then the year before (2 years ago) i didnt meet a girl my age till the last night, wich sucked.

Friends of ours went on the Spirit with 2 - 16 year old boys and 1 - 15 year old boy. They did not join the teen club until they met the teens at the pool who had all joined. They joined and had a great time and are still friends with all the teens they met.

June 1st may be early for most schools to have started vacation? Though, they cruised in mid-September as their school was doing renovations on the building and their were plenty of teens.

They did not join a roll call before they cruised so don't be discouraged if no teens are on your roll call.

You can always sign-up and not show up if you don't see many teens your age.

Enjoy your cruise:)

SurftheWave,

My son is 16 and I completely understand where you are coming from. (I've also got two daughters 20 and 22). We've been on 4 cruises with Celebrity and are about to go on our first NCL cruise in August with just our 16 yr. old.

I cannot imagine that NCL is much different from the perspective of sign up so this is what I suggest:

When you board the ship, they will have the various youth/teen program representatives available where you get your photo ID's. Talk with the reps., register make sure they send you information about activities. This way you'll know what is going on. Definitely go to the first activity and remember that everyone there usually feel a little awkward. During your first couple of sea days to Bermuda, you'll most likely find kids your age at the pool.

All 3 of my kids have made friends on cruises. The problem is when you turn 18 and can no longer participate in teen programs. That is a topic for a different post.

I've heard from many friends that the Bermuda cruise is very popular with families. I'm quite sure you'll meet kids your own age. Being from Boston, I hope you'll have some time to explore our beautiful city before or after your cruise.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Gull

Archived