Beijing Hotel recommendation please

Lobbylin

Well, I ask as I made a reservation for an Exec room here a month ago on a great rate.

I will keep a lookout on Asiarooms for a cheaper offer as I can cancel my direct booking if Asiarooms can do it cheaper.

Thanks...:)

if you can get this hotel for $160 go for it you can buy breakfast 200 mtrs away is that per person ?. if you stay here this is where you start your walking tour this would be one of the best hotels in Beijing it is at the end of the Main st. from memory there is no traffic walk down one side looking in the department stores there very upmarket and exspensive. three times more than what you would pay in Marks & Spencers they cater for the wealthy chinese. walk for about 800 mtrs. then cross over there are small lanes with restaraunts some are set up like american diners good chinese food and cheap no english spoken. from this hotel you can go by taxi to the silk markets great bargains here its 5 floors of everything one floor shoes another cloths jewlery electrical you name it they have it. but you have to bargain very hard. english spoken here. maybe go to Tiamon square and look at the palace this would take 2 hours.there will be a line 2 miles long to see chairmon muo embalmed body a wait of two or three hours you are allowed 20 seconds to view him.there is so much to see in beijing you need five days and a profeshinal tour.you could go to the hatongs not sure of spelling this was the slums many years ago but now a huge tourist area you tour this in a rickshaw pulled by a bike rider night clubs here as well.stay at the Beijing hotel you will not regret it.

Well, I ask as I made a reservation for an Exec room here a month ago on a great rate.

I will keep a lookout on Asiarooms for a cheaper offer as I can cancel my direct booking if Asiarooms can do it cheaper.

Thanks...:)

So glad you booked the Beijing Hotel at a good price. Right in the center of things. Enjoy!!!!!

So glad you booked the Beijing Hotel at a good price. Right in the center of things. Enjoy!!!!!

Any recommendations on where to eat in that location? Sadly we only have one night here....

It's probably the one and only occasion we can afford to stay at a "Raffles" brand hotel, usually we make do afternoon tea and a Singapore Sling at the the Raffles Singapore:)

Thanks!

If you stay here this is where you start your walking tour this would be one of the best hotels in Beijing it is at the end of the Main st. from memory there is no traffic walk down one side looking in the department stores there very upmarket and exspensive. three times more than what you would pay in Marks & Spencers they cater for the wealthy chinese. walk for about 800 mtrs. then cross over there are small lanes with restaraunts some are set up like american diners good chinese food and cheap no english spoken. from this hotel you can go by taxi to the silk markets great bargains here its 5 floors of everything one floor shoes another cloths jewlery electrical you name it they have it. but you have to bargain very hard. english spoken here. maybe go to Tiamon square and look at the palace this would take 2 hours.there will be a line 2 miles long to see chairmon muo embalmed body a wait of two or three hours you are allowed 20 seconds to view him.there is so much to see in beijing you need five days and a profeshinal tour.you could go to the hatongs not sure of spelling this was the slums many years ago but now a huge tourist area you tour this in a rickshaw pulled by a bike rider night clubs here as well.stay at the Beijing hotel you will not regret it.

Grumphy,

I plan on visiting Tianenmen Square and the Hutongs. Would love to see Chairman Mao, but don't have the time to wait 2hrs for the privilige so might pass on that if the queues are long.

Is the Dong Hua Men Night food Market nearby? I have read it is in a street off Wangfujing St - the one where you can get scorpions and sea-horses kebabs on a stick - not that I want to try them - just look at them!

Linda

Greatam

This is what I reserved:

Raffles Inc. Exec. Room 602 Sqf, Free Access to Exec. Lounge,Wireless Internet, Free Access to Fitness Centre

This is what is listed in the room description for a Raffles Incl Exec Room - do you think that means breakfast and an evening cocktail are complimentary or extra? It doesn't really say one way or another:confused: .

"Raffles Inc residents will also enjoy exclusive access to and use of the private lounge, where daily breakfast and evening cocktails are served."

Thanks Linda:)

Greatam

This is what I reserved:

Raffles Inc. Exec. Room 602 Sqf, Free Access to Exec. Lounge,Wireless Internet, Free Access to Fitness Centre

This is what is listed in the room description for a Raffles Incl Exec Room - do you think that means breakfast and an evening cocktail are complimentary or extra? It doesn't really say one way or another:confused: .

"Raffles Inc residents will also enjoy exclusive access to and use of the private lounge, where daily breakfast and evening cocktails are served."

Thanks Linda:)

Raffles was just completing the management takeover the last time I was there (Feb 2008).

The Executive lounge was closed for remodeling and for the free drinks at cocktail hour, they had set up a tiny room (looked like a conference room) with a bartender. There were no breakfast goodies due to the lounge being closed. I have always booked a package with breakfast included-the breakfast buffet (really good) on the first floor. So have never gone to the Executive lounge for breakfast. But there were always FREE drinks and snacks served at cocktail hour. Limited selection and NO champagne (although that probably changed with Raffles management). Lots of premium whiskey and scotch, only Grey Goose vodka and no liquers (I drink Kahlua and Drambuie).

Whether it is all still free????-you will be there before I will this year, I think. I have cut my trips to China this year considerably and WILL NOT enter China until at least November 2008. I am spending my business time in Vietnam and Cambodia-they play "fair". The Chinese do not.

Any recommendations on where to eat in that location? Sadly we only have one night here....

It's probably the one and only occasion we can afford to stay at a "Raffles" brand hotel, usually we make do afternoon tea and a Singapore Sling at the the Raffles Singapore:)

Thanks!

I eat at the Outback Steakhouse in the hotel. I spend too much time at business meetings where I get "Chinese fooded out". And I am not a big Chinese food fan to begin with. I LOVE Japanese, but not Chinese. So really no help-give me a steak anytime.

I eat at the Outback Steakhouse in the hotel. I spend too much time at business meetings where I get "Chinese fooded out". And I am not a big Chinese food fan to begin with. I LOVE Japanese, but not Chinese. So really no help-give me a steak anytime.

I did laugh when I read your response!:D:D

There are no breakfast package rates on the Raffles website (we'll be there in Mar 09) so we'll have to wait and see what transpires on that front. I noticed my room rate has gone up 30% since I reserved a month ago, so I'm happy!

We will certainly enjoy the complimentary evening lounge drinks;)

Thanks for all the helpful info, I'll be sending them an email shortly to ask for an exec room with a balcony:)

Archived