Rome Airport Transfer Question

We bought the cruise line transfers from FCO to Civitavecchia. The cruise line rep told me that the lastest incoming flight they would accept was 1:00 PM. This may be a stupid question, but does this mean if your flight arrives at 7:30 AM you have to wait around for several hours at the airport until the later flights arrive, or do the buses leave for the port as they fill up with the pax from the early flights? I tried calling the cruise line this morning but they are closed for the day for the holiday. Also, having never been to FCO before, can anyone tell me how easy or difficult it is clearing customs? We're going in July so I know it will be very busy, I'm just wondering roughly how much time we should allow. We'll be arriving from New York, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Clearing customs in Rome is quite easy, and most of the time you simply walk through without any questions or delays (other than waiting to get your luggage). As to transfers, they generally wait until they have enough for near a full load. The contractors (companies hired to do the transfers) have printouts of all the passengers and their flight numbers. How long you may have to wait at the airport is a bit of luck depending whether they need to wait a few more minutes for another flight. Once you leave the airport it takes about an hour to get to the port.

Hank

Just wanted to pass on my experiences with the company called www.LimousInRome.com. I found this company on the internet and corresponded with the owner, Roberto Brunetti several times before we left on our trip. We were two single ladies over the age of 60 and wanted the best and easiest way to get around in the Rome area. They have cars available or if you have a lot of people or luggage and need additional room they have a van you may reserve.

Roberto Brunetti met us at the airport with my name on a placard and even through our plane was a little late, we had no wait. He was standing waiting for us at the door after we had received our luggage and walked out. He was friendly and polite and pointed out all the things we passed on the way to our hotel. He also explained that he had tours available at reasonable prices.

We were going on a Holland American cruise out of Rome (Civitavecchia) and the day we were to transfer there was a transit strike. Roberto was at our hotel early as he explained there may be more traffic due to the strike. We learned from other travelers who booked through the cruise lines or travel agents that they were delayed due to the strike. We really appreciated having our own transportation arranged.

We arrived back from our cruise earlier than planned and I just e-mailed Roberto from the ship and he had a wonderful driver, Marco waiting for us with a card with our name on it. Everyone else was waiting for their buses, etc., but we were the first out of the port. Carlos returned us to our hotel where we spent an additional day and he again pointed out and explained to us all the things we were going by with historical meaning and facts.

The last driver who picked us up at our hotel to take us back to the airport was named Carlos (I think). His English was not as good, but he was very polite and cheerful and very helpful. He arrived early and we had an uneventful drive back to the airport.

This wonderful team made our trip even more delightful and I highly recommend them to anyone who goes to Rome. Again you may reach them at www.LimousinRome.com or their cell phone is 338 8209157.

Rosa Watts

We bought the cruise line transfers from FCO to Civitavecchia. The cruise line rep told me that the lastest incoming flight they would accept was 1:00 PM. This may be a stupid question, but does this mean if your flight arrives at 7:30 AM you have to wait around for several hours at the airport until the later flights arrive, or do the buses leave for the port as they fill up with the pax from the early flights? I tried calling the cruise line this morning but they are closed for the day for the holiday. Also, having never been to FCO before, can anyone tell me how easy or difficult it is clearing customs? We're going in July so I know it will be very busy, I'm just wondering roughly how much time we should allow. We'll be arriving from New York, if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Clearing Customs is easy. We were off our plane and out the door in 20 minutes. They never looked at my passport photo and just stamped it. We do not have patience so arrange for our own transfers.

Clearing Customs is easy. We were off our plane and out the door in 20 minutes. They never looked at my passport photo and just stamped it. We do not have patience so arrange for our own transfers.

Jade13 thanks for the info. Hopefully there will be enough people from the early flights to get us on our way without too long of a wait.

Just wanted to pass on my experiences with the company called www.LimousInRome.com. I found this company on the internet and corresponded with the owner, Roberto Brunetti several times before we left on our trip. We were two single ladies over the age of 60 and wanted the best and easiest way to get around in the Rome area. They have cars available or if you have a lot of people or luggage and need additional room they have a van you may reserve.

Roberto Brunetti met us at the airport with my name on a placard and even through our plane was a little late, we had no wait. He was standing waiting for us at the door after we had received our luggage and walked out. He was friendly and polite and pointed out all the things we passed on the way to our hotel. He also explained that he had tours available at reasonable prices.

We were going on a Holland American cruise out of Rome (Civitavecchia) and the day we were to transfer there was a transit strike. Roberto was at our hotel early as he explained there may be more traffic due to the strike. We learned from other travelers who booked through the cruise lines or travel agents that they were delayed due to the strike. We really appreciated having our own transportation arranged.

We arrived back from our cruise earlier than planned and I just e-mailed Roberto from the ship and he had a wonderful driver, Marco waiting for us with a card with our name on it. Everyone else was waiting for their buses, etc., but we were the first out of the port. Carlos returned us to our hotel where we spent an additional day and he again pointed out and explained to us all the things we were going by with historical meaning and facts.

The last driver who picked us up at our hotel to take us back to the airport was named Carlos (I think). His English was not as good, but he was very polite and cheerful and very helpful. He arrived early and we had an uneventful drive back to the airport.

This wonderful team made our trip even more delightful and I highly recommend them to anyone who goes to Rome. Again you may reach them at www.LimousinRome.com or their cell phone is 338 8209157.

Rosa Watts

i'd like to remind that code number for italy is +39

Archived