6 Days Until My Dawn To Bermuda Cruise

Evilmille

Oh yes you should be very excited, your going to love love love it, Bermuda is a beautiful island rich in history and breath taking views and the DAWn is a great way to go, great food, great entertainment, and a beautiful atmosphere, Enjoy your vacation!

First cruise, I am so excited. Got AB suite, bar setup and we are ready to go.

Any thoughts for this newbie? Should I be as excited as I am? Because I am counting the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just got off the Dawn yesterday and had an AB suite too (11030). If you have Jeffrey as your butler, you will love him! Tell him Michael from two weeks ago finally says hello! It was a runnign joke that every time he came to the door my younger son Michael would go running and hide - and without fail each and every time Jeffrey came in, he'd say "Hello Michael! How are you?" He finally gave him a high five one time.

You will LOVE the shower in the AB - very cool to take a shower while cruising and be able to look out. There are 4 tv's, the master bedroom and living area tv's have built in dvd's. Your bed's will be brand new - Monday morning they changed out all the mattresses and linens and put up brand new beds - very comfortable. I didn't care for the bed the first night. Ask for whatever pillows you want - we got those puffy down ones which I hate and I asked PEdro and Jerry for 'regular' pillows and we had them for the rest of the cruise.

Word of advice - make your Salsa reservation EARLY. Its not a surcharge restaurant but VERY busy and the food is amazing. We did not get to eat a full meal there bc we waited too long, and its a small place so they book up fast. Our last night we went for a drink after dinner (red sangria - YUM!) and ended up sampling some of the food at the bar while we were there. Very disappointed we did not eat there. :(

Have a great trip. You'll love it!

Tina in NJ

Thanks for the tips. I will find Jeffrey and say hi for you. Also good tip about Salsa. We will make reservations when we board.

Is it Mexican food? How was Cagney's and LeBistro? Did you eat at Cagney's on embarkation day? How were the treats in the room? Was there lobster every night?

So 2.0 is in full swing?

We just returned from the 5/11 Dawn sailing; Bermuda is a lovely place. It is safe, historic and very unique. Don’t be concerned about weather forecasts because the climate is very changeable and will most likely be pleasant.; if it rains it is usually very brief and no big deal.

Some advice; everyone has the same plan, upon arrival get off the ship and buy the 3 day transit pass ($28 each) at the pier. As a result, lines are long for the passes (cash only) and for the first buses and water taxis out of the West End. An alternative is to explore the Dockyard area first; a great museum, a cool little beach with a nice bar (Hammerheads) and some good shopping are all within walking distance. By mid-afternoon the line for the passes is gone. Bus and water taxi routes are simple and color coded; be sure to take the water taxi around Hamilton Harbor (pink route); it is very cool. We loved the Waterloo House in Hamilton and Carriage House in St George for lunch. There is a wonderful old home in St George on the way to Tobacco Beach that is open for touring; it was a highlight of our trip. Have fun.

Just off Dawn yesterday. She is still looking great and has a wonderful crew. Things not to miss...

Jose and Patti in Dazzles Lounge, deck 7 midship in the evenings. They always have a large crowd and their music is timeless.

Le Bistro, Cagney's, Teppanyaki and Impressions Italian are not to be missed. The surcharges are well worth it. If you are a chocolate lover, the chocolate fondue in Le Bistro is a must. Le Bistro also has excellent mushroom soup and I tried the onion soup this past cruise. Now I don't know which one is my favorite because they are both so delicious.

Don't miss the Jean Ann Ryan Company production shows, especially, Bollywood. That show is a feast for the eyes, high energy with specialty acts that are wonderful.

Jazz Brunch is offered on Tuesday and Saturday between 11am and 1pm in Impressions. It it wonderful and not to be missed. There is a $15 surcharge per person but very well worth it. Make reservations for an early time so you can spend quality time listening to the wonderful music and have a leisurely brunch.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We are also just off the Dawn's 5/18 sailing. We had a great time. You will love the Dawn and Bermuda is beautiful.

Get the 3-day ferry/bus pass for $28. It's well worth it.

Don't miss Salsa and Impressions for sure. The food in both are excellant and the service was top notch. As for the entertainment, as coffebean stated, don't miss Jose and Patti in Dazzles. They're terrific. So is the comedian Peter Sasso. We went to most of the nightly shows and thought they were very good. The crew show in the Spinnaker lounge on Saturday is very funny and showcases some really good talent as well.

We did the Glass Bottom Boat excursion but wished we had passed on it. Not very interesting at all IMO. The 5-hour St. Georges and Island Sightseeing Tour was very good and very informative. We did a free 90 minute tour of the Botanical Gardens on Friday at 10:30AM which was very beautiful and interesting.

You'll have a great time on the Dawn and on the island. Enjoy your cruise!

Just a quick not, but as you are staying in an AB suite, the concierge will make any reservations you want. When we were in the AB we found that each restaurant sets aside a few tables for last minute reservations from the suites. One couple we knew waited until late each afternoon to decide where to eat and never had a problem getting in thru the concierge. It's always best to make the reservation in advance, but I wouldn't give up if I decided late where to eat, just call your concierge.

We are also just off the Dawn's 5/18 sailing. We had a great time. You will love the Dawn and Bermuda is beautiful.

Get the 3-day ferry/bus pass for $28. It's well worth it.

Don't miss Salsa and Impressions for sure. The food in both are excellant and the service was top notch. As for the entertainment, as coffebean stated, don't miss Jose and Patti in Dazzles. They're terrific. So is the comedian Peter Sasso. We went to most of the nightly shows and thought they were very good. The crew show in the Spinnaker lounge on Saturday is very funny and showcases some really good talent as well.

We did the Glass Bottom Boat excursion but wished we had passed on it. Not very interesting at all IMO. The 5-hour St. Georges and Island Sightseeing Tour was very good and very informative. We did a free 90 minute tour of the Botanical Gardens on Friday at 10:30AM which was very beautiful and interesting.

You'll have a great time on the Dawn and on the island. Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, silly me...How could I have forgotten to mention the crew show in Spinaker Lounge??? The crew was wonderful and don't miss "Fountains". I was very surprised that Pedro, the CD, did not mention "Fountains" is a 'do not miss' act from his crew. Most CDs play it up big and announce it in the show room the night before the crew show and also mention it in the Freestyle Daily. Fountains is hilarious.

Oh, did I mention.. Don't miss "Fountains" at the crew show???

DH and I did Hartley's Helmet Dive. What a hoot and so is Hartley. I would highly recommend this excursion. We booked independently and it is $14. pp less than booking through NCL.

BTW, you do not have to know how to swim to do this helmet dive. Bring a bathing suit and a towel. It was great fun and so interesting.

Wow...first cruise AND a suite! You're truly going to get hooked on cruising. We love Bermuda and are returning to the Islands in September. We agree that Bermuda's bus system is the best way to get around. Have a great time and bon voyage! :D

First cruise, I am so excited. Got AB suite, bar setup and we are ready to go.

Any thoughts for this newbie? Should I be as excited as I am? Because I am counting the days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you in FIVE, 1-2-3-4-5, 5 DAYS!!!!! Don't forget to look for the yellow ribbons at sailaway, Bimini Bar, 4ish :D and of course the M&G Monday 1030am.

We all plan on having a GREAT time:D :D

Gail

Archived