hotel in san pedro

We have stayed in the Double Tree in San Pedro, and are staying there again in September. We had a junior suite....very good size and clean.

They have a shuttle to get you to the ship. You just have to sign up for it.......and it's best to do it the night before......as the van only holds so many.....and depending when you wish to get aboard. I believe that they start running around 10:30 and then every half hour as I remember.

I think that they have renovated the Crowne Plaza recently, but when Merion Mom checks in.........she can give the facts as she recently stayed there.

Rick

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza in April for one night before my Monarch cruise. It was perfect for our needs. Bid $65 on priceline. No need to sign up for the shuttle at the CP, we just showed up and got on the first one out.

Patty

My husband and I stayed at Crowne Plaza 4-26 before our Vision Cruise last month. It was great and we got the free shuttle to the port without any problem. If youare looking for a great Mexican meal the night before your cruise try the Green Onion very near the hotel. Have a great time Roz:)

We always stay at the Doubletree when we cruise out of San Pedro. It's right on the Marina, a little further (about 5 minutes) from the port then the Crowne Plaza, but we enjoy overlooking all the sail boats and its a short walk to the beach.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in October. We also used priceline for $65.

We got the first shuttle to the ship and we didn't have reservation for the shuttle and got there before the one who did.

If you like fish the is a San Padro fish market $ restuant across the street and down a little way is excellent.

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza in April.

Great hotel, good size and clean rooms.

Can't remember his name, but the concierge was terrific! He made dinner reservations for us, the hotel shuttle took us to the restaurant and picked us back up when we were through.

The hotel has numerous shuttles that run on days when ships are in port, so despite long lines, we were on a shuttle pretty quickly. Think we waited maybe 20 minutes.

I've stayed at both, and I like the Doubletree. The Crowne Plaza is a really nice property and the rooms are great, however the service we received here last October was shockingly bad -- the front desk staff and supervisor were useless, and they outright lied to us about the lobby bar being closed (the bartender wanted to leave two hours early). I've never dismissed a hotel based on a single experience, but this was truly a crappy one. Never again.

If you don't care much about staff competency and can get it cheap on Priceline, though, go for it.

we have been at the Doubletree multiple times. We usually book the Park and Cruise package...it includes room, breakfast, a bottle of champagen, the shuttle to and from the ship and parking throughout the stay. Its a great value...especially when you go on a 7 night cruise and would pay $12/day for parking at the terminal

A couple more questions for you all experienced "left" coasters...

Do you fly in to LAX or Long Beach?

Shuttle from airport to hotel?

What do you put in for parameters on PL to get the DoubleTree or Crowne Plaza?

Thanks,

A couple more questions for you all experienced "left" coasters...

Do you fly in to LAX or Long Beach?

Shuttle from airport to hotel?

What do you put in for parameters on PL to get the DoubleTree or Crowne Plaza?

Thanks,

We've stayed at the Double Tree twice. Very nice, but a bit isolated if you don't have your car. Worked nicely tho for the night before the cruise and the Marina is beautiful. Food at the hotel was good too.

I'm interested too on the airport choice. This will be our first time to fly in (we use to live in Los Angeles). Thought we would do Long Beach airport --- felt it would be more like flying into Burbank airport. Did notice that US Airways from Phoenix only uses smaller planes (100 passengers - coach only) to fly into Long Beach.

Archived