Luggage Tag Question

coco6

I just went online and completed my documents. I noticed in the paperwork there is a luggage tag that they say to print and put on your luggage. Last time I went on a cruise they put your luggage tag by color on when you handed it to the porter at the dock when you boarded the ship. Are they not doing this anymore? Is this the only luggage tag I will recieve? Can I print this out on black and white printer or does it need to be colored? I just see that mine is light blue, does everyone have a different color? how do I put this on my luggage without it ripping apart?

Thanks

Black and White is fine. The important info is on it, Your name & room number. These can be reinforced with clear packing tape and a hole punch. You can even get a generic tag from the porters and write-in your information.

I have mine laminated at Kinkos and they will punch a hole in them to attatch them to your suitcase with zip-ties..they also now have a barcode, not sure how they use that though..they sort the luggage by deck numbers and not colors anymore.....Dennis

I have firefox an I can,t print my luggage tags. So what is a generic luggage tag? I,am not good enough on the computer to go through all that is necessary to print them. Luckly enough I could print my Funpass.

You can laminate them after you have folded them up like the instructions say? They seem very fat to run through the laminator. Of course, my personal laminator is very small. I like the packing tape idea. I also happen to have some card stock paper left over from Christmas cards and I was going to print them out on that. Give it a little extra heft. What do you think?

Here's the prototype we used on our last cruise. The tags are about 5" x3" after assembled. We laminated using clear 3" packaging tape and then punched a hole in a corner. Once at the port, we used 6" zip ties to connect the tag to the bags.

2885262410098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

You can laminate them after you have folded them up like the instructions say? They seem very fat to run through the laminator. Of course, my personal laminator is very small. I like the packing tape idea. I also happen to have some card stock paper left over from Christmas cards and I was going to print them out on that. Give it a little extra heft. What do you think?

We actually laminated ours using transparent contact paper. You can find it in a small role at any Walmart where the rest of the contact paper is. All you need then is a hole punch and some small zip ties!

I just went online and completed my documents. I noticed in the paperwork there is a luggage tag that they say to print and put on your luggage. Last time I went on a cruise they put your luggage tag by color on when you handed it to the porter at the dock when you boarded the ship. Are they not doing this anymore? Is this the only luggage tag I will recieve? Can I print this out on black and white printer or does it need to be colored? I just see that mine is light blue, does everyone have a different color? how do I put this on my luggage without it ripping apart?

Thanks

Your black and white tag is fine. Just cover it with some of that strong clear packing tape and then staple it to your luggage handle. Ours held up just fine.

will I get tags at the dock also or not?

We did the tape and hole punch thing to ours. When we got to the port at Miami, the porter also had us put colored tag on as well. This, I'm sure, is different from port to port. We were glad they did. So your answer is "maybe". Don't worry though. You will get your luggage.

Archived