Drinking age in Cozumel

biglpn65

OK or not, it isn't very classy or smart IMO.

Yeah, the margarita machines in all the jewelry stores is a nice touch….lol Also, every shop you pass on the strip someone is inviting you in for a free shot of tequila. Hell, you buy a bottle of beer in a store and they automatically give you a plastic cup to take it with you on the street.

Yeah, the margarita machines in all the jewelry stores is a nice touch….lol Also, every shop you pass on the strip someone is inviting you in for a free shot of tequila. Hell, you buy a bottle of beer in a store and they automatically give you a plastic cup to take it with you on the street.
It is still tacky and very childish, plus not all jewely stores have Margarita machines, in fact most do not. I guess if you want to be part of "girls gone wild" then what you say is acceptable.

Nita

It is still tacky and very childish, I guess if you want to be part of "girls gone wild" then what you say is acceptable.

Nita

Tacky and very childish to drink on the street? Wow, I must be out of the loop. I just answered the above posters question. No one asked who cared if someone drank on the street.

It is still tacky and very childish, plus not all jewely stores have Margarita machines, in fact most do not. I guess if you want to be part of "girls gone wild" then what you say is acceptable.

Nita

you must have never been to New Orleans. In New Orleans you can walk down the street with a drink and jsut about everywhere in the FQ you can get a drink. I wouldn't pick "tacky" or "childish" as neagtive words to describe it. Most toursit places make a good chunk of their profits from alcho.

you must have never been to New Orleans. In New Orleans you can walk down the street with a drink and jsut about everywhere in the FQ you can get a drink. I wouldn't pick "tacky" or "childish" as neagtive words to describe it. Most toursit places make a good chunk of their profits from alcho.

ok, you got me there; I think it was more the way the responder said it that got to me. BTW, we will be going to NOLA for the first time in November, I might be the old gal you see walking in the French quarters with a glass of wine in my hand. I am not childish (well some would disagree) but I might decide to be tacky.....

Nita

OK or not, it isn't very classy or smart IMO.

I'm usually a very quiet person on this board, BUT, I wish people could actually see another persons response to their postings!! They would of seen a big roll of my eyes on this one!!:cool: Give me a break people!! Everybody is entitled to their own fun and they way they choose to do it!!

MASH723

Give me a break people!! Everybody is entitled to their own fun and they way they choose to do it!!

MASH723

In response to the original question, 18 is the legal limit, but it's almost never enforced. They don't have the nosy busybodies and neo-prohibitionary movements in the Caribbean that we have in the US and that muslim-dominated countries have.

...odd pair, that.

In response to what is acceptable in other cultures, drinking -- and drinking in public -- is very acceptable everywhere [except the aforementioned neo-prohibitionary US and muslim-dominated countries], and so what we have come to look at as childish or as a sign that we are morally weak or an alcoholic is barely even noticed almost anywhere else on the planet.

That said, most of the rest of the world does not cotton to binge drinking or public drunkenness -- both of which are mostly American customs [due in no small part to the paranoiac and faux-moralistic posturings by the neo-prohibitionists in the US].

okay--put me down as one of the childish and tacky folks who cruise. The answer to the OP question is that they don't enforce the drinking age in Cozumel. It may be 18, but it is not enforced. They sell drinks and you can walk down the street with them. You can get shots of Tequilla in jewlery stores; in fact they encourage it. We had a blast shopping and wandering around after stopping at.....you guessed it....Carlos and Charlies! Have a great time. It would not be advised to get stinking drunk at any port of call....one of our cruises during spring break a few years ago before we stopped at Cozumel the Captain made the announcement that they had left 20+ passengers the previous week who did not make it back to the ship on time. Guess they were having too good of a time being childish and tacky!

just thought it would be refreshing to enjoy a corona or two while taking in the sun and fun

And you know what's even better? The price of the Corona....1 buck. I paid more for my Coke then brother did for his Corona! :D

Archived