Cruise Lines/Handicapped Policies ?

coka

Can anyone tell me any cruise lines handicapped policy regarding number of passengers in a handicapped room? When my handicapped sister and I sailed on Princess, only two passengers could stay in handicapped rooms. Do you know if Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or Costa have the same policies? We are planning a group cruise and would like to put four in a cabin. Any information will be most helpful! Thanks!

Coka

I beleive RCCL will allow four max but you have to book very early. Princess, the most is three but again there is only one or two rooms like this. It may be easier to book two rooms that connect or are across from each other. The inside HC and an outside.

On Navigator of the Seas we had three in an HC. I'm the disabled member, my son and his bride shared the room.

Also the newer ships have more chance.

I don't believe that any cruise line will allow four persons in a handicapped cabin. Actually, by putting four in a cabin, it defeats the purpose of having the necessary extra space a disabled person needs. I'm disabled and have cruised on every line out there, and I've not found one that will allow more than 3 in an accessible room and most of the lines will only allow two in those rooms.

I can not provide information about quads, but our daughter travels with us in the summer so we need a handicap triple. We have tried to book one on Princess several times and encountered the same issue, a limit of 2 people to a handicap cabin. Not only that, but they would not give us the same rate for our daughter as a single so her fare would have been cost more than both of ours together. As a result, we have never sailed on Princess.

However, we have had handicap triples on RCCL, Celebrity and HAL. In addition, a Carnival rep told me that some of the newer Carnival ships such as the Glory have handicap "family" cabins. However, I do not know how many they hold. In addition, the sofa in our cabin on the NCL Sky may have been a sleep sofa, but I am also not sure about that.

You can book ANY cabin that holds 4 persons. That cabin may not be handicapped accessible. I only see those cabins hold 2 persons.

There are not many handicapped accessible cabins onboard ships so please book early.

Costa is the same it only allows 2 but the Fortuna (Costa) allows 3 but i think you pay extra i'd get 2+ cabins if there was no other choice.

Anyway when you do get this sorted out i hope you have a good trip. tell us what line you do pick.

Thanks! So far, my sister is looking at Carnival. I have not sailed Carnival in over ten years. We are up to 10 gals interested so far. Seems the new Carnival commercials "girls just wanna have fun" is appropriate for them.

Coka

Archived