Suites on the Celebration

Greetings all,

My first time on a Thomson vessel and we have booked a deluxe on the Celebration but seriously considering upgrading to a suite. Is it worth it? Any pros or cons to having a suite on a boat of this size?

Thank you,

YY

Sorry I'm not able to answer your question, but we are thinking about booking a suite on Celebration next year and I wondered whether anyone could enlighten me as to which suites have unobstructed views. With Thomson, it seems you cannot request a cabin number until after you've actually booked the cruise (unlike most other cruise lines where you choose your cabin in the course of booking).

Most recently we've cruised on P&O and Princess, although prior to that we had three really enjoyable cruises on the Sun Cruises ships including Sunbird, which is now Destiny. I think the only thing I'll miss is the balcony I've got used to, but the extra space in a suite should make up for it.

Thanks for any help/guidance.

Annie

In the brochures deck layout all the suites on deck 8 look like the view is obstructed by lifeboats

When we pre booked our cabin with thomas cook, the member of staff was great as shes been on the celebration and told us what cabins had good views

Annie,

sorry I can't help with the question about which suites are unobstructed but if you go to a travel agent they can tell you actual cabin numbers which are available. We booked with First Choice and were able to pick which cabin we wanted to book(we've booked a deluxe cabin on deck 6).

Julie

Hi all

You may not wish to bother upgrading from deluxe to a suite. We found it not worth the extra money. We have been in both and prefer the deluxe.

The suites are much smaller than they look on their photos. The seating area and bar by the window is actually all built in around it. In order to properly look out of the window, you have to climb over the sofa and pull back the nets. There were 3 of us in our suite, the sofa turns into a fold down bed at night - the end actually met the main beds, we had to jump over it to get around the side of the beds.

As far as obstructed views go, we had a suite on the lower deck (was it 7?). The obstruction turned out to be the very bottom of the lifeboat hanging at the top of the window, no obstruction at all really. I do not know how much of the lifeboat is visible from the upper deck suites.

The deluxe cabins are longer and much more spacious. The extra length accomodates a third bed along its length, which also allows for a longer dressing table area. The 'walking around' space is much greater in the deluxes.

The wardrobe space, bathrooms, tv's, are exactly the same in both.

Have a great cruise everybody.

I was going to say that as well!!! save your money and have a de luxe. we did last October and the cabin was very spacious. If you can... choose forward of midships to avoid the possible vibration at the rear...we were on the promenade deck and we could just walk out and sit outside our cabin window which was as near to a balcony as you can get!!! There are net curtains so no one can see in unless you have the light on...Very spacious cabin and bathroom has bath with shower over. Not worth paying any more!!

Archived