What's good to eat on Infinity?

laidbackin LA

If these food photos (labled) are nursing home food, point me to that nursing home! The cruiseline has menus for the fleet, so you may encounter these things. I see that you've sailed Mercury, so you've tasted Celebrity. You want spicy? My husband asked for a bottle of tabasco on the side every night.

http://community.webshots.com/user/sharkie2008

My wife is a registered nurse in a nursing home and we were on Infinity last year (March 25 - Panama Canal). No nursing home food anywhere we ate.

For breakfast, I recommend the Eggs Benedict, followed by a trip to the Waffle station for a dessert waffle. Cova Cafe di Milano isn't to be missed for the Chocolate/Almond Croissants, but get there early.

For lunch, check out the dining room menu, but I think you'll enjoy the pasta station, or perhaps the various soups, salads and sandwiches. There's pizza, and some of it is quite good. You can regularly find a stir-fry station and you can usually kick up the heat on request. In addition, you might want to try some of the wonderful food to be found at the AquaSpa Cafe. Mostly cold, healthy and delicious.

As for dinner, you can try the Sushi Cafe for early appetizers, and then move on to the Trellis Dining Room for a variety of menus. Don't be shy, ask for something that interests you, even if it isn't on the menu, and don't be surprised to find it at your table every evening.

Again, my wife works in a nursing home, and we've been aboard Infinity. No nursing home food on the ship.

Happy cruising to all who can still afford to cruise!\

Bob

For breakfast, I recommend the Eggs Benedict, followed by a trip to the Waffle station for a dessert waffle. Bob

They have waffles? :rolleyes:

They have waffles? :rolleyes:

You can't fool me. I know that you're part of the WWWAMW club!

Happy cruising to all who can still afford to cruise!

Bob

P.S. I made German Pancakes for breakfast, this morning, and it is the best alternative to Waffles when one is at home.

Mmmmm the waffles were great! They are at the very back of the breakfast buffet. Don't miss out!

I really like the daily fresh homemade ice cream. My husband was a big fan of the chili burger - he got it through room service, not sure where else it is served.

Sorry, I don't eat spicy foods so I can't recommend anything specific for that.

flashdog, your photos are brilliant! Now my mouth is watering in anticipation. (What's with the shrimp and escargot being out of focus?)

Thanks folks for reminding me why I am going to Alaska for the fourth time.

Yes I was on Mercury and thought they did a great job of serving dining delights. But tabasco is a brilliant idea.

There's now an Asian station from breakfast through lunch.. You can add as much sambal as your digestive system can handle. Your assistant Maitre'd can order meals made to your taste.

Texed They have waffles? :rolleyes:
I've found that Waffles consumed in an environment near sea air causes severe shrinkage of clothing.

Archived