Upper/Lower stateroom

Hi,

This will be our first Carnival cruise. I am currently in the process of booking, and notice that there is an inside cabin that says it is upper/lower. I see on the layout that these rooms look smaller than the other insides, and I didn't know how the beds are arranged, as far as, does this mean they are like bunk beds that cannot be arranged in to a bigger bed?

Thanks!

Not sure exactly what ship and what level you're looking at but if it's labeled as "1A" that is a cabin with one upper (sort of pop-out/murphy style) berth and one lower (twin style) on the floor. The room is slightly smaller (165 sq ft comes to mind but don't hold me to that) but it doesn't feel smaller to me because of the layout and given that there's only one bed on the floor.

It's probably not the best for a couple but good for singles traveling together.

Is it a 1A, those are designed for solo cruisers and are less expensive for solo's to cruise in.

What category is the cabin. 1As are not really regular inside cabins, if that is what it is, agree with the above poster.

This is the cabin that my son books when they go with a bunch of friends. They end up 2 to 1 bathroom instead of 4 to 1BR for just a little more. Not for couples!!

Archived