Peggy's Cove, is it foggy in mornings?

We will be in Halifax on 9/3/08 and are planning to do the "Halifax In Focus Photography Tour" This tour is available at two times, either 8:30-12:30 or 12:30-4:30. We are wondering if we can expect fog in the morning or would it be best to do this tour in the afternoon.

We will be in Halifax on 9/3/08 and are planning to do the "Halifax In Focus Photography Tour" This tour is available at two times, either 8:30-12:30 or 12:30-4:30. We are wondering if we can expect fog in the morning or would it be best to do this tour in the afternoon.

While fog in the coastal areas is less common in September, it can occur. It is more apt to be foggy in the morning and burn off toward the afternoon although it can persist all day. It is just one of the joys of living on the coast.

sapper1, Thanks for the information. Sounds like it is not a given that it will be foggy but could be and it could last for awhile. I do understand about fog and being near the coast. We are inland just a bit here in Houston but at times we can still get sea fog.

lannp, thanks for the web cam link. It is nice to take a look and see the conditions for ourselves. Great view.

• 3 weeks later...

Being that it is a photography tour, I'd be assuming that there will be a 'professional' photog leading the group and a foggy morning would be an opportunity that would lead to some amazing pics. but thats just my thoughts on it. I'd rather have the unusual pics over the everyday 'postcard' pics.

Archived