debating and need help

cabrx

I kow this is the place to come........... I' m in the process of planning a family cruise (8 people 13 to 50 y/o). We have not done princess before and some family members are new to cruising. I'm debating between a new RC ship or the Crown ( I like the itinerary). My question is,,,,,,,,,, would my 13 yr. old son have enough to do and would the 20 year olds.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help I 'm having a hard time paying for the RC when the itinerary isn't much to offer.

I agree. I am a fan of Princess and RCCL, but lately RCCL prices have really been high. And it can't be just due to gas prices, since they charge a pretty hefty gas fee on top of the prices asked.

Wish those RCCL prices would come down a bit. I guess they have to pay for all those new ships somehow and increasing prices is they way to go.

Regarding your questions...alot depends on when you are traveling. I would say they is alot to do on a Princess ship, but of course the number of other teens and college age passengers will vary according to time of year.

RCCL is almost always more expensive than Princess. They have the biggest ships out there with Rock Climbing and surfing. As long as there are people willing to pay top dollar, they can charge top dollar.

Princess is a better value and in my opinion has better itineraries. I have been on the Freedom of the Seas and the Crown and they are both my favorite ships so far.

I can't wait to see RCCL's prices when the Genesis Ships are introduced.....

I have cruised both Princess and RCCL and I find that Princess ships are a bit snoozy for nightlife. My opinion is that RCCL is great for a exciting lots-to-do-for-everyone type of cruise and Princess is better for a more relaxing/ sedate cruise that has a snoozier night life. Both Cruise lines are great and have a little different to offer the traveler. Just IMHO.

Thanks

Tom

Archived