Just off the Majesty 6/7

Mayzir

This is my first post but I've been reading for months. My family just got back from Bermuda this morning and had a wonderful time. If anyone has any specific questions, just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

This was our third time on the Majesty so we knew what to expect in regards to her size and age. Our sailing was the smoothest and best weather we have ever had. I know that is complete luck! We found the crew to be friendly, accommodating and helpful.:) If you are spending any time on Deck 10, look for Nenette as she is so nice! Our cabins were maintained by Owen and Christopher and it was always clean!

The food was very good, better in the dining rooms than the buffet but it seems to always have been that way. We found the food to be an improvement over the cruise we took a year and a half ago.

Our eight year old thoroughly enjoyed the Kids Crew. The kids stayed very busy with some fun games and creative activities. The counselors are friendly and great with the kids.

Bermuda was magical! Our whole family loved it and hopes to go back soon. We saw the Caves, the Botanical Gardens, Fort Hamilton and lots of St. George, including Tobacco Bay beach.

We heard rave reviews about the Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo from several folks, one family had a seven year old that loved it. We skipped it since there is an aquarium here in Charleston.

My daughter only got to the beach one day but she loved how crystal clear it was and not too cold.

We went to a different aquarium at Devil's Hole (took the bus) and it was the very first tourist attraction in Bermuda. It is very small, more like a fishing hole, but you got to bait lines and lower them down and then the guide will tell us about the fish that came for the bait. It was very cool.

Hope that helps some.

We have been thinking about taking the Majesty to the Carribean later this year. The reason I am hesitant is I have heard that the Majesty does not have the same stabilzers on it due to the size of the ship. Can you really feel the ship rocking and rolling? One review said that the silverware on their table literally moved through out dinner.

Thanks!

It depends on the weather. This past week was marvelous. If I sat still too long, I was gently rocked to sleep.

We have been on the Majesty twice before without the same luck. First time was a 7 day with two rough days. Second time was a 10 day with two smooth day. I wear the fun wristbands and do just fine with that. I tried meds the first cruise and slept for a whole day:( My husband got the wristbands and I was good to go.

Cabin choice can mean a lot. Middle of the ship is definitely better!!

We were on th Majesty two years ago. Boston to Bermuda. You could definately feel the rocking/rolling of the ship. Our cabin was on a lower level and midship. My wife felt much better in the cabin when the seas were rough.

The dining room located with a great aft view seemed to vibrate whenever the ship was in motion.

We have been thinking about taking the Majesty to the Carribean later this year. The reason I am hesitant is I have heard that the Majesty does not have the same stabilzers on it due to the size of the ship. Can you really feel the ship rocking and rolling? One review said that the silverware on their table literally moved through out dinner.

Thanks!

When we were on the Western Caribbean itinerary for New Year's Eve it was the most incredible rocky rolly experience I've ever had...don't get me wrong, we loved the cruise, but it was the highest seas ever. If you're interested, here's my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=36573

The title of the review is "Darn it Mother Nature", so that might give you some indication! There's also a couple of other terrific reviews from the same cruisedate...one by RebelJohn in particular & one by Diana68. The Majesty doesn't have the same stabilizers as the larger ships. But as another poster wrote, it's mostly luck.

This was our first cruise on NCL and we were very disappointed. The cabins were nice and very clean and comfortable and the cabin attendants friendly and accomodating. The ship was well maintained, but the food was awful. The main dining rooms were really bad and the buffet was worse. The waitstaff in the main dining rooms were obviously harried and unfriendly for the most part. I think that not anticipating additional tips because of the freestyle dining makes them not care about service. We finally found the Pasta Cafe and ate all our dinners there except for our last night when we ate at the Bistro which was really good. The food at the Pasta Cafe was good and the service excellent. The breakfasts and lunches we ate on deck 10. That meant waiting on lines for omlets or hot dogs and hamburgers, and a major hassle finding a place to sit. They obviously don't have enough seating on the decks for all the people on board. No trays are supplied so we had to have one person keep a table while the others shuttled back and forth with food and drinks so by the time we got to eat our food was cold-not my idea of a vacation. The same waitstaff that was surly in the dining rooms was very friendly when they were on deck pushing drinks. Bermuda on the other hand was wonderful!

No signs of 2.0, except the White Hot Nights party. Interestingly enough, my mother and daughter were in the cabin next to ours and their bedding was much nicer than ours. Not sure why since the cabins were the same category. The Majesty has a free day when moving from Charleston to Baltimore after the June 14th sailing so maybe some things will be done then. Wishful thinking for future cruisers!

Archived