My Virtual Cruise Of The Conquest

Luanne21

Cardwire,

I can't think of any place where you can get nachos anytime you want them, but one day (check your capers) there is a Mexican feast. It has everything you can think of, in the way of Mexican food. Maybe this is what they were talking about.

Good morning and welcome to Cozumel. I am so glad that the Conquest has been able to once again pull up to the dock. It has not always been that way.

My first cruise in 2005 was on the Ecstasy, and that was my first experience with Coz. The dock was long and in order to get on land you had to walk through the duty free shop.

Then along came hurricane Wilma who liked Cozumel so much she stayed for a day, and almost destroyed the island. But, she couldn't destroy the islands spirit.

Today the island is although not completely back to normal, a first time cruiser would not know there had ever been any destruction.

In or first port of call, Jamaica, I am sure most of you were a little nervous because of the lack of control of the crime, and our last port, Grand Cayman, you were probably worried about it being to expensive, but you can relax today, because this port is the best of both of the others.

I have been all over the island and I have yet to see things that would make you uncomfortable.

Want to lay on the beach and relax? Go to Paradise beach. Just a quick taxi ride (many taxis at the end of the pier) to the beach, and the food is to die for. The beaches are well kept, and the people very friendly. Things to do there are swimming, kayaking, climbing on a floating mock up of an ice berg, wave runners, hair braiding, and massage.

If you don't want to lay around, then go the the Atlantis submarine down the beach from the ship, another easy ride by taxi. This is where you can board a small boat where they will take you to the sub. The sub dives down below 100 feet for some out of the world looks at the sea life below.

This is a good excursion for both young and old, and you don't even have to wear a bathing suite. This is also offered by Carnival as one of their excursions, with the taxi fee added in. If you do this through Carnival you will meet as a group at the end of the pier, and as a group be put in a number of taxis.

If you only want to see the island, and maybe do a little shopping, Carnival also offers a city/shopping tour, that will take you by bus around the island, stopping at several different places along the way, and then allow you some shopping time, before returning to the ship.

Okay, I have to go and get ready for the day, so you get dressed, have some breakfast on the lido, or in the dinning room, and we will meet again soon.:)

Hey girl~ Well, 9 days until we leave for the Conquest. It seems like it has been 4ever since we booked our trip last year...the day we returned from our 1st cruise on her. I had a couple of questions 4 u if you have time. a) I am smuggling some Smirnoff Ice on board with me this time (they actually have it in plastic bottles I found out today) and was wondering what size cooler should I bring? I think someone said 12 x 12 x 12 but wondered if that was accurate. Do I just put a luggage tag on the cooler? I am also bringing some Starbucks and Red Bull. All drinks will be in a suitcase bubble wrapped. MY kids will buy soda cards etc...I am just trying to keep from having another 1200 bill at the end of the cruise this time. Also if I bring a case of water do I just put a luggage tag on that too or how does that work?

b) last year we did Sunset Beach in Jamaica and Captain Marvyns with the stingrays in Cayman and the Royal dolphin excursion in Cozumel. None thru Carnival. Absolutely 3 great excursions that I would recommend to anyone especially the royal dolphin excursion.

As you know and from your past experiences (which I am so sorry about) I do not want to go off on my own in Jamaica (would have no problem going back to Sunset Beach but want some good snorkeling this time) so.,,we did book a catamaran snorkeling thru carnival this time. We also booked a 2 stop catamaran snorkeling for Cayman minus stingrays. (I did love the stingrays last year but not dying to go back there this time. Maybe next year. ) Nothing planned yet for Cozumel. I want to snuba and am thinking of doing Paradise Beach (wave runners) in Cozumel. The boys and I are going with a friend and her son and they dont want to do wave runners so that way we can all be happy. Anyway, just wondered if you had any suggestions....Does Paradise Beach offer any excurions where you can go out snuba for an hour or so that you know of? If not, Do you think if we took the one from Carnival that is from 10-12 that we would still have plenty of time to go to Paradise Beach and spend a few hours so we can do the wave runners?? I want some good snorkeling with pretty fish and coral reefs this time. Which stop and who to book through??? Any thoughts would be most appreciated~

Anyway, I know it is hard with your hubby going back for deployment. I have a ton of my CJ college students at several of the online colleges I teach for who are deployed and taking online classes. Why not? Let the military pay for it!! If your husband doesn't have his BA or Masters, tell him to contact me....you can get both online now. :) He can be ready to start a new career when he gets ready to leave the military and they can pay for it for him! :) Can't beat that girlfriend!

One last question, other than getting to VIP embarkment, any other perks for this extra expense I incured with the Category 11? Debark early too? If I get there about 11 am how long will it take to embark? Know anything about Room 7248? I think it is Port side which is what I was hoping for....I love drinking coffee on the deck and watching as Jamaica comes into the horizon for our first port call....... did I say I was so excited to be going back again??? You got me hooked....this is all your fault you know!! :D Lisa

• 1 month later...

As I said before, I had forgotten that I never finished this, so again I am sorry.

Since we are still in Coz, let me tell you about some of the other things we have done. Well heck, let me tell you the only excursion we have not done. We have never been to the ruins. No I mean it, never.

Okay, so I did see one on the island of Coz, but it was in a little village, and I think maybe it was just for show.

We have been to all of the beaches, and Paradise is our favorite.

I now have an Internet friend down there, and she is always teasing me about putting a billboard up that says welcome back Luanne. That shows you how much we have been there.

April on the Ecstasy to us to Coz for the 6th time in less than 3 years. That's a lot. When I decided our next cruise in Dec. would be out of Miami, and on a different ship, I felt kind of sad that we would not be going to "our island," until I realized with a laugh that we would in deed be going back, so Dec will be number 7.

Okay, I am hungry, so let's get off our home away from home, and go to my favorite place to eat on the island.

Remember to take your sign and sail card, because they will have to ding you off the ship. (The machine they put your card in makes a ding sound) In case I haven't mentioned it, this is the way to keep up with where you are off, or on the ship.

As we walk off the pier, keep in mind that all of this is new. The storm that I spoke of destroyed the port, and the island.

Most of the trees you see are also new, even the ones that are nice and tall. They were shipped in full grown, to try and make the island look as it was before. If you take a trip around the island you can still see signs of the destruction the storm caused.

Okay, let's get that cab, or taxi as they are called there. They are numerous, so finding one is easy as walking to the street in front of the port. You can ask how much it will cost to get to your destination, or in some cases it is marked on a board right there.

Cab drivers tend to be very friendly, and for the most part, speak very good English, so that isn't a problem.

Okay, tell our driver we want to go to Pancho's. It is officially called Pancho's back porch, but all you have to say is Pancho's. Believe me they know where it is. Now I will give you a good piece of advice. You can see the ship from Pancho's, but believe me when I say that it's a good long, hot walk, and a lot further than it looks, so taxis come in very handy.

There are two parts to Pancho's. One is a little sitting area in front, for those who come in off the street for coffee, or a drink, but go through the gift shop, and eat in the restaurant. It is much more comfortable, and they have live entertainment.

My favorite drink, and that of many others is a Mango Margarita. They are big, cool, and to me, not that strong. I won't tell you what to order, but all of it is good, so I don't believe you can go wrong.

Now let's enjoy our food, and I will talk to you about some more things about the island.

we went on the Conquest this past July & took the excursion out to Tulum on the mainland. We loved it. However, keep in mind it is on the mainland and is a 7hr long tour so basically we made it back within the last 30min of re-imbarkation. :eek:

PS. Love this thread Luanne. I was one of the diligent readers prior to our cruise :)

As I said before, I had forgotten that I never finished this, so again I am sorry.

Since we are still in Coz, let me tell you about some of the other things we have done. Well heck, let me tell you the only excursion we have not done. We have never been to the ruins. No I mean it, never.

Okay, so I did see one on the island of Coz, but it was in a little village, and I think maybe it was just for show.

We have been to all of the beaches, and Paradise is our favorite.

I now have an Internet friend down there, and she is always teasing me about putting a billboard up that says welcome back Luanne. That shows you how much we have been there.

April on the Ecstasy to us to Coz for the 6th time in less than 3 years. That's a lot. When I decided our next cruise in Dec. would be out of Miami, and on a different ship, I felt kind of sad that we would not be going to "our island," until I realized with a laugh that we would in deed be going back, so Dec will be number 7.

Okay, I am hungry, so let's get off our home away from home, and go to my favorite place to eat on the island.

Remember to take your sign and sail card, because they will have to ding you off the ship. (The machine they put your card in makes a ding sound) In case I haven't mentioned it, this is the way to keep up with where you are off, or on the ship.

As we walk off the pier, keep in mind that all of this is new. The storm that I spoke of destroyed the port, and the island.

Most of the trees you see are also new, even the ones that are nice and tall. They were shipped in full grown, to try and make the island look as it was before. If you take a trip around the island you can still see signs of the destruction the storm caused.

Okay, let's get that cab, or taxi as they are called there. They are numerous, so finding one is easy as walking to the street in front of the port. You can ask how much it will cost to get to your destination, or in some cases it is marked on a board right there.

Cab drivers tend to be very friendly, and for the most part, speak very good English, so that isn't a problem.

Okay, tell our driver we want to go to Pancho's. It is officially called Pancho's back porch, but all you have to say is Pancho's. Believe me they know where it is. Now I will give you a good piece of advice. You can see the ship from Pancho's, but believe me when I say that it's a good long, hot walk, and a lot further than it looks, so taxis come in very handy.

There are two parts to Pancho's. One is a little sitting area in front, for those who come in off the street for coffee, or a drink, but go through the gift shop, and eat in the restaurant. It is much more comfortable, and they have live entertainment.

My favorite drink, and that of many others is a Mango Margarita. They are big, cool, and to me, not that strong. I won't tell you what to order, but all of it is good, so I don't believe you can go wrong.

Now let's enjoy our food, and I will talk to you about some more things about the island.

Archived