Specialty Dining Reservation

Mellowtraveler

Only one ship was open on the 3rd. The others, including Summit, for which I sail on 7/22, are supposed to open on the 17th. I know the link to the memo about the open dates says the 3rd, but another was issued later with other dates - typical lack of website update. I confirmed this with a call to the CC desk.

They have updated the website with new dates. I am on the Infinity and it says they should open today on the 10th. Still not working. But, I did hear back from my email to them. They offered to make the reservation for me if I provided the information. Will see what happens.

Hi I got a reply saying that they couldn't book that far in advance although website says they can! I've tried to attach the schedule they sent me - my first time trying this so may not work!

schedule.jpg.981ab59026e5bff789648cd34b3f56c8.jpg

I just tried to reserve online for Infinity for 7/18 sailing and I got some blurb telling me to check the schedule. I tried calling Captains Club and was told that I could only reserve online (he couldn't do it as I'm trying to reserve 2 nights). Seems they got a little ahead of themselves in rolling this out? I'm stubborn though, I'll keep trying til my fingers bleed ;)

I made reservations for 2 nights and the times I wanted were already booked! :eek: We are now eating later than we'd like, but we're in!!!

Whew! I can't wait for 2 nights of wine paring!!!! :)

Whew! I can't wait for 2 nights of wine paring!!!! :)

Probably a silly question, but I've never sailed on Celebrity before, so I'll go ahead and ask - Does dining at the specialty restaurants include the option of wine pairings? How does that work? Is there an additional charge above the $30 per person surcharge and, if so, how much?

Thanks so much for the help. We're taking our first ever Celebrity cruise on the Solstice 11/30 sailing, so I'm trying to get as much information about the line (and any differences between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean) as I can in advance. I'm a planner. I can't help it!:p

Probably a silly question, but I've never sailed on Celebrity before, so I'll go ahead and ask - Does dining at the specialty restaurants include the option of wine pairings? How does that work? Is there an additional charge above the $30 per person surcharge and, if so, how much?

Thanks so much for the help. We're taking our first ever Celebrity cruise on the Solstice 11/30 sailing, so I'm trying to get as much information about the line (and any differences between Celebrity and Royal Caribbean) as I can in advance. I'm a planner. I can't help it!:p

There is an additional charge for the wine pairing, but I can honestly say I don't remember what it was. I think it's maybe $60 pp? We had a 5 or 7 course meal (my memory is horrendous) with wine for each course (good thing I wasn't driving the ship that night!). It was great!!

I don't know why this went so well, but I just made reservations at the Olympic Restaurant for night 6 for my husband and I on our 7 night Millennium cruise out of Seward on August 29, 2008. I paid on my credit card; I don't mind locking that in at all. I actually changed the reservation twice ... from different days ... to different times. It was easy. I called Celebrity for help at one point because I locked myself out of the site while trying to modify the reservation. I was assured I would be able to get back in to make the changes in 15 minutes and I was and did.

This is my first Celebrity cruise. I am in a CC cabin but I don't know if that made reserving a table easier or not. I just went on line and clicked Specialty Restaurant and made reservations. I have gotten a confirmation email from Celebrity about the credit card payment and I am good to go. I am quite pleased an excited!

Anyone had any luck booking on Constellation today? I am going around in circles trying to get a reservation online. Does anyone know what number I call to speak to someone to make a reservation? I am not a captains club member.

Dddewitt - Per Soryana's schedule she/he attached, Constellation reservations only begin opening today - June 17th. Presumably you should be able to reserve now (but not yesterday or previously).

HTH

Anyone had any luck booking on Constellation today? I am going around in circles trying to get a reservation online. Does anyone know what number I call to speak to someone to make a reservation? I am not a captains club member.

The Infinity opened for online reservations on 6/10, but none of us could actually get it to work until 6/11. I called the Captains Club, but they wouldn't take 2 reservations (we wanted 2) over the phone. Only 1. And that didn't "guarantee" a booking, just a request is sent. But I think that part is for CC members only? Could be wrong. Try the online booking again this afternoon.

On line our cruise opened today but for the whole sailing there are no dinner reservations available between 1900 and 2100. I wonder if these are being held back or what. It did offer me a 2200 reservation - now how late would that meal lie on my stomach?? I could never imagine eating a meal at the Speciality Restaurant that late - we are also not early eaters, there are lots of 1800 and 1830 options available but that is way to early for DH

A

UKtog

I have been unable to book the speciality dining for our Millie cruise from the UK website.Every time I click on the dinner at the Olympic option I get returned to the same page. We booked through a UK travel agent, not direct with X, does this make a difference?

Thanks for the heads up - we were able to book two reservations for The Normandie for our 12 night cruise on the Summit in August.

We are also from the UK and booked through a travel agent - the only problem was that some of the earlier dining times had gone for the "at sea" day - I am guessing that this may be because they are already full for those times so we settled on 9pm. For the evening in Dubrovnik when we board at 5pm we managed to get an 8pm table - perfect - just time to shower and change into our finery before enjoying a cocktail before the meal. We are happy with what we have got and I am really looking forward to eating there.

Tammy

HI Soraya

You can book shore excursions through the UK site when they are available although they do charge you in £'s not dollars.

Tammy

Were you able to book the specaility restaurant via the website? I still can't seem to access it.

To be honest I think I logged in to www.celebritycruises.com not the UK site - but I can't remember now. Then I went to manage your reservation and it gave me the options of speciality dining or excursions etc. From then on it was very straight forward. I also got charged in £'s

Hope you are successful

Tammy

I made a reservation for 4 and had no problem. You need to have the cruise reservation number for all parties involved. I made both reservations and charged them to my credit card. Our reservation shows up on our online info and theirs shows up on their online info.

NOTE: Reservations on line can only be made for up to 6 people. For larger parties you will need to see the Maitre'd when you board.

Hope this helps.

Archived