Specialty Dining Reservation

Mellowtraveler

I don't know why this went so well, but I just made reservations at the Olympic Restaurant for night 6 for my husband and I on our 7 night Millennium cruise out of Seward on August 29, 2008. I paid on my credit card; I don't mind locking that in at all. I actually changed the reservation twice ... from different days ... to different times. It was easy. I called Celebrity for help at one point because I locked myself out of the site while trying to modify the reservation. I was assured I would be able to get back in to make the changes in 15 minutes and I was and did.

This is my first Celebrity cruise. I am in a CC cabin but I don't know if that made reserving a table easier or not. I just went on line and clicked Specialty Restaurant and made reservations. I have gotten a confirmation email from Celebrity about the credit card payment and I am good to go. I am quite pleased an excited!

Now I am distressed! First - Congratulations to you for scoring the reservations! I have to say however, I tried over and over on the website with no avail, then I made a call. Celebrity told me that because I was not a member of the Captains Club I would not be able to make a reservation until I boarded the ship.

Have you sailed with RC before? I am in a CC cabin. So confused!:confused: Help!

Hmm

Well I called Celebrity and was told that the reason I was unable to book for our October cruise on the Millenium is that the dates aren't available that far ahead yet and to check back later.

I always take what they tell you over the phone with a pinch of salt as they have given me wrong information so many times in the past!!

nycglitter

It is a Captains Club perk that you can make a pre sailing speciality restaurant reservation over the phone via capt club 60 days before your cruise without paying up front, so maybe thats what they meant when thet told you that.

Tammy

Just out of interest what price did they charge you in UK pounds? Just wondering if they are ripping us off with their exchange rates as usual!!

Lisa

Just to be safe I'd bring my email confirmation of the PAID reservation along with you on the cruise. Just to make sure you don't get double billed. Someone had a thread about it on RCI and they had to take care of it after the cruise which made it a bit more difficult. I'm not saying this to alarm anyone....just to make you aware that with any new program there can be a few problems. It's just so much easier to take care of things while you're still on board.

That being said I'll for sure make specialty restaurant reservations on line in advance. No fear.;)

Just to be safe I'd bring my email confirmation of the PAID reservation along with you on the cruise. Just to make sure you don't get double billed. Someone had a thread about it on RCI and they had to take care of it after the cruise which made it a bit more difficult. I'm not saying this to alarm anyone....just to make you aware that with any new program there can be a few problems. It's just so much easier to take care of things while you're still on board.

That being said I'll for sure make specialty restaurant reservations on line in advance. No fear.;)

Great idea. I print everything. My husband thinks I will need to pay an extra luggage fee for my portfolio with all of my printed information and confirmations! LOL:p

Relieved! I was finally able to make the online reservations, so we are all set.

We have never had any problem obtaining specialty restaurant reservations after we have boarded the ship. I would not want to pay in advance as this is one good use to which I put my on board credits.

We have never had any problem obtaining specialty restaurant reservations after we have boarded the ship. I would not want to pay in advance as this is one good use to which I put my on board credits.

I thought about that too but I'm wondering if it will be almost impossible to get a table with so many reserving on-line before hand. Maybe the ship will only take so many on line and hold some for those that can't or don't want to book in advance....that would make sense and really be the fair thing to do.

I made a reservation today and used the celebrity.com site not the UK site, but I think if you have a UK address it will charge you in pounds. I found it simple and easy. Thanks for reminding me to print the receipt so I don't accidently get double charged!

What is an on board credit??? Kidding of course, but in all of my cruises, I have never seen one!!!

I must have "charge me full price, and then some" stamped on my head!

Seriously though, my luck is such that if I waited to book on board, the restaurant would be totally full.

Happy to have paid in advance and happy to have my reservations!!! For the $60 it is well worth the piece of mind.

I called as well today and was told to call back on Monday. I have been trying since the 17th....

I'm sure you did.....but did you go to manage your reservation? I booked our reservations yesterday, had no problems.

Glad people are having success - my orginal question, is anyone managing to get a 1930; 2000 or 2030 reservation? I am concerned it is going to be difficult to get a reservation with so many pre bookings, so maybe I do have to accept the 2100 reservation and see if we can get it changed once we are on board. As we are in a suite, we have been able in the past to get what we wanted even at a few hours notice through the butler

They are charging £15.26 per person for UK customers which gives an exchange of $1.966 which is actually not bad

A

Good Morning all,

Our ta booked a reservation for the Normandie 60 days out(Im a cc member) for the 4 of us girls celebrating a birthday. The rez is under my name and I got a confirmation letter in the mail shortly after confirming the details and letting me know that we would be asked for payment at the time of dining. We have a 7pm rez on our second "sea day" which is monday the 28th. I think we're going to like eating a bit earlier than our late seating and maybe even see the late show.

It says on the confirmation that the tables have a maximum seating for 6, so perhaps the post regarding group seating would have multiple tables and not one great big table.

In any event, ive eaten in the specialty restaurant on the millenium for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. I cant wait to go again.

Nora

Glad people are having success - my orginal question, is anyone managing to get a 1930; 2000 or 2030 reservation? I am concerned it is going to be difficult to get a reservation with so many pre bookings, so maybe I do have to accept the 2100 reservation and see if we can get it changed once we are on board. As we are in a suite, we have been able in the past to get what we wanted even at a few hours notice through the butler

They are charging £15.26 per person for UK customers which gives an exchange of $1.966 which is actually not bad

A

On our cruise I couldn't book anything before 8:30. They showed it to be booked. And I did our reservations the day after the online booking option opened. So either they're holding a bunch of reservations so the people can book once on board or a ton of people are booking on line. Either way I'm glad I did it as I can sit back and relax knowing I have the reservation. We know we're not going to cancel (not crazy about the dining room food) so I feel good about paying upfront.

Archived