I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I did make a response in thread number 3901 but i can tell you the same again. :D

Bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads will get you to Kongens Nytorv were Nyhavn and the canal tour is located.

This map will show you how to get back to the ship from Nyhavn and take you to Amalienborg and The Little Mermaid on the way home.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=Amalienborg+Slotsplads,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Den+lille+Havfrue+to:Langelinie,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&geocode=FemYUQMdvCLAACE4vU4Eke_lQg%3BFeasUQMdMSfAACmXtjw3IlNSRjHZ4cl7QUfVtA%3BFSzOUQMd2j_AACE8HjWiDJCo3w%3BFTXZUQMddkLAACHZey-4AUdZ9ikxdoMq3FJSRjEPysqOWp7a1Q&oq=langelinie&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&t=m&z=15

Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for all your valuable information. I have read the last 50 pages of this thread and I don't remember seeing the answer to my question:

We will be staying at the Best Western Hebron at Helgolandsgade 4. We would like to go to the Museum of Danish Resistance on a Sunday. (Not sure if the day makes a difference.)

Which bus should we take from the hotel to the museum?

Where is the closest bus stop from the hotel?

Then we will walk to Nyhavn to take the canal tour. Which bus should we take from Nyhavn to go back to our hotel?

Thanks again for all the help you give to all of us. It is really appreciated. Lise

From the Crowne Plaze its very easy to get to the pier, i assuming that your ship is docked at the freeport terminal.

Then just take the train from Ørestad station towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at Østerport station.

Now you got up to 3 options depending on what day your ship is departing.

1) take a northbound S-train and get of at Nordhavn station where you can walk in 10 minutes time.

2) take a taxi because its way cheaper than taking all the way from the hotel.

3) If your ship is departing on a regular weekday (no weekends or public holidays) you can take bus 26 towards Færgehavn Nord at get of at the freeport terminal.

If we wanted to leave the hotel on Saturday morning, with our luggage, and do some sightseeing before boarding the ship at freeport, what are our options? Do any of the stations(nordhavn?) offer luggage lockers?

There is a tax free on arrival shop in the baggage claim hall. To shop there you have to show your boarding pass from your arriving flight. You can not purchase hard liquor or cigarettes in this shop, but perfumes, wine, beer chocolate etc. (but you will probable find things being cheaper in regular shops in Canada.)

http://wikitravel.org/en/File:CPH_stog_metro_districts.png

On the above train map it shows a “grey” line from the pier to the airport (either Osterport or Nordhavn station,depending on where we dock) Is this an active route? I don’t see any numbers at either end of this route.

After our Eurodam cruise ends on July 24th we plan on walking to either the Nordhavn or Osterport train station. I thought we would have to transfer at the main station but this grey line looks like it goes on to the airport. Is that correct? How many zones would that be?

FYI-we are perfectly capable and willing to walk 20-30 min with our luggage and we have plenty of time as we don’t have to be to the airport until 13:00.

Thanks!

@ top of the world

First you take bus 15 (towards Østerbro/Ryparken) or 1A (towards Hellerup) from the central station and get off at the bus stop at Esplanaden/Grønningen were the museum is located 200 meters from.

The map of Hovedbanegården will show you all the bus stops at the central station.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/terminalkort/pages/terminalkort.aspx

On the way home you can use both busses again and also bus 26 that will get you closer to your hotel if you continue just one stop after the central station.

@ Rienchen

No only at the central station.

@ Coolcruise02

You can only get to the port directly from Østerport station but if you are docked closer to Nordhavn you simply just take any southbound S-train from Nordhavn station and change at Østerport.

If your ship is in port Monday to Friday you can also get bus 26 from the freeport terminal to Østerport station.

@ Rienchen

No only at the central station.

Thank you, I guess if we really wanted to stay at the Crowne Plaza at the airport(it's quite a bit cheaper and we like the shopping center being across the road) we could do the following.

(It will be a Saturday) take the train from Orestad to Central Station, leave our luggage here and do a couple of hours of sightseeing, then pick up luggage and make our way to the port via taxi(since the 26 doesn't run on Saturdays?)

We still have to see and decide, the shopping center doesn't seem to have a supermarket and I really wanted to browse a little bit as this is my only chance at going to Denmark

@ top of the world

@ Coolcruise02

You can only get to the port directly from Østerport station but if you are docked closer to Nordhavn you simply just take any southbound S-train from Nordhavn station and change at Østerport. If your ship is in port Monday to Friday you can also get bus 26 from the freeport terminal to Østerport station.

Ok, that makes sense. I see the black dot next to Osterport and none next to Nordhavn. Is this correct; if I get on at Osterport I do NOT have to change trains to get to the airport?How many zones should I get a ticket for, if I'm going to the airport? What is the cost per zone?

Thanks again for ALL your help! :)

Danish Viking, please remember that quite a few Cruise Critics will be in Copenhagen overnight on September 7 in between sailing on Vision and Brilliance. We would love to meet up with you and thank you in person for being such a great guide to your wonderful city. :):)

Many of us are staying at the Scandic Palace, and many are staying at the Scandic Copenhagen. Can you think of a place to meet for a cocktail and/or dinner?

Hello,

Our cruise embarks on Sunday. Seeking a Roman Catholic Church for Mass late Saturday or early Sunday before boarding, unsure if HAL holds mass for newly boarded passengers.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I found this church - Saint Ansgar's Catheral

Church - Catholic

• Bredgade 64 DK-1260 Copenhagen

• Phone: +45 33 13 37 62 FAX: +45 33 32 10 49

sogn@sanktansgar.dk

Saturday @ 5 PM

Sunday @ 8 AM and 11 AM (Latin every 2nd and 4th Sunday)

Special Sunday Masses

Every 1st and 3rd Sunday there is a mass in English for students at 6:30PM

Every 2nd and 4th Sunday there is a Ukrainian Mass at 13:00

Happy Cruising

@ top of the world

First you take bus 15 (towards Østerbro/Ryparken) or 1A (towards Hellerup) from the central station and get off at the bus stop at Esplanaden/Grønningen were the museum is located 200 meters from.

The map of Hovedbanegården will show you all the bus stops at the central station.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/kort/terminalkort/pages/terminalkort.aspx

On the way home you can use both busses again and also bus 26 that will get you closer to your hotel if you continue just one stop after the central station.

Danish Viking,

Thank you very much. I copied your information and will take it with me to Copenhagen.

BTW I am not Danish or Scandinavian, but my name may be! I'm French Canadian originally from Montreal, now living in the US. The name Lise is the French equivalent for Lisa.

I would love a CC meet up in Copenhagen, perhaps Tivoli with its many restaurants will be a fitting place and I have a season card as well. :D

I'm not a huuuge cocktail drinker but a weissbeer at the beer garden or a smørrebrød in the restaurant called Madklubben would be a nice introduction to the more simply but famous danish cuisine.

I would love a CC meet up in Copenhagen, perhaps Tivoli with its many restaurants will be a fitting place and I have a season card as well. :D

I'm not a huuuge cocktail drinker but a weissbeer at the beer garden or a smørrebrød in the restaurant called Madklubben would be a nice introduction to the more simply but famous danish cuisine.

I will pass the word along to our roll call. I'm really looking forward to meeting you.:)

@ top of the world

Of course the make is French i could have told myself.

Actually both French and English names are common in denmark but I do have a very danish name and I share it with 2 of the last 4 danish prime ministers so now you can look it up. :D

@ top of the world

Of course the make is French i could have told myself.

Actually both French and English names are common in denmark but I do have a very danish name and I share it with 2 of the last 4 danish prime ministers so now you can look it up. :D

Your name is Anders!

How did I know???

I knew I had written it down in my notes regarding Copenhagen; most of those notes are from your thread. I was determined to find it, so I read (quickly) through most of my information and found it on page 25 of 47... lots of notes... A long time ago, when you replied to someone's questions, you wrote:

(From Danish Viking:)

BTW my real name is also Anders, it’s a small world.

Thanks again, Anders, for the wonderful information you provide for us. Too bad we only have 3 days to do all the things I have been reading about! We are really looking forward to visit your beautiful city.

Lise

Danish Viking-Your advise quote from a few threads back

"Bus number 26 stops at the national museum and takes you back to Langelinie just in time

The bus at 15:43 and 16:03 from Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet will get you to Langelinie in 22 minutes."

My question is where to purchase bus tickets, and how much are bus tickets, and forms of payment accepted?

Your advise is great! Thanks for your help, and look foward to visiting your city.:)

DanishViking -

Emerald Princess - per our document it states regarding embarkation.

FRIHAVNEN 245/FLEX TERMINAL

KLUBIENSVEJ-ORIENTKAJ ROAD

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

Do you know what pier will it be in?

Thank you very much for all your helps and answers.

Wow, Danish Viking, you have a heart of gold and the patience of a saint answering all the same questions over and over again! If people just went on movia.dk, they'd find it's really not that hard to find your way, and then once you are in central CPH, a lot is truly walkable! Anyway, I have a question that I might be able to put in Google Translate and get answered, but if you have time, I thought I'd toss it out to you:

We're going to Bornholm. There's a street called Langelinie in Roenne. Would you know what that translates to in English? It seems to be such a common street name, and now I'm curious! I thought perhaps it had to do with a harbor, but in Roenne, the street is really nowhere near the harbor, so I guess not!

Also, the restaurant you mentioned above in Tivoli - would you say it's moderately priced (at least for Copenhagen, and at least for Tivoli - I know prices are high in general)? We will likely eat in Tivoli so I'm been looking around for a reasonable but pretty basic place - any cuisine, although I have to admit that herring is not on my list of things to try, even in Denmark!

Thanks.

Archived