"Jumping Ship"

dublin

I liked it a lot. We cruised on her in February, 2003. It's a very pretty ship. Food, entertainment and service were all very good. Celebrity & RCCL are my favorite lines. I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise. Does your cruise leave from New Orleans? Where does it go?

We've been on her three times and every experience was great. The balconies are kinda of tiny but the wrap around promenade makes up for that (something X sure should consider). Nothing like a stroll on the promenade after dinner with your SO.

We leave from Baltimore, Maryland-just a two hour drive for us.

We cruise to Key West, Grand Bahamas, Coco Cay or what ever is left of that island, Cozumel, and Cape Carnaveral.

Looking forward to it.

New Orleans - still trying to get there

DH & I cruised on the Grandeur in 2002, I believe. It was a 10-day Southern Caribbean and it was wonderful. We loved the beautiful atrium, which seemed to draw people there before or after dinner for dancing and listening to music. We have not found another ship with such a beautiful and well used atrium. Maybe the Mercury will have one next Feb. Another feature we enjoyed on the Grandeur was the Solarium pool as well as the full promenade deck. We will surely miss that on the Mercury as we love to walk several miles a day while we talk and enjoy the beautiful ocean.

dublin,

The Grandeur is a great ship! We cruised on her out of New Orleans last spring. You will notice a drop in food quality(compared to Celebrity), but an increase in food quantity. Service is okay and I think RCI does a better job with entertainment. No such thing as a bad cruise! Enjoy!

We were on the Grandeur for a Southern Caribbean cruise in early 2001 and loved it. We recently sailed on the Century, and I really missed the solarium pool on the Grandeur. You'll have a great time; it's a great ship.

Hi - I think the food difference on RCL and Celebrity is that Royal Caribbean is not as elegant as Celebrity. The food on RCL is more down to earth home cooking.

But you know what - I have never had a bad cruise either - even my first when I spent the first day in bed seasick.

Archived