JC Penny's/Dockers Free Airfare Promotion

septrack

Last year JCPenny's and Dockers had a fathers day promotion, where you bought $200 (I believe) of Dockers and received a free flight to one of 10 cities including MIAMI.

When you read the fine print it had a ton of weasel clauses including that you had to list three cities and three departure and return dates. I called the company and they said they truely try to grant people their requested itenerary. Anyway, I thought I would try it and not expect much.

Well I've sent in my voucher and they were supposed to call me within 2 weeks of receipt. Today is 2 weeks! No call yet. I'm calling them tomorrow!

My question! Has anyone else here attempted to use this promotion, and what was your experience.

TIA!

It sounds like one of those "If it sounds too good to be true" things. I don't think I would hold out a lot of faith in getting the flights you are looking for to Miami, especially if you are looking for specific dates to join a cruise. But I will hope for the best.

Call them. A couple of years ago, Wendy's and Air Tran got together and had vouchers on each of their cups. I think you had to have 8 vouchers for each leg of your journey.

Well, my son was getting married in Virginia so I started getting those cups. I needed 32 vouchers. Even the people at the local Wendy's were helping me by pulling them OUT OF THE TRASH... lol.. and saving them for me in a cupboard.

I got a roundtrip ticket!!

Now.. I will say this. The flights were not the best... lol. I had a 6 hour layover in Atlanta each way. But you know what? It was free. I got to be there when my son got married... and we had a ball!!!

Last year JCPenny's and Dockers had a fathers day promotion, where you bought $200 (I believe) of Dockers and received a free flight to one of 10 cities including MIAMI.

When you read the fine print it had a ton of weasel clauses including that you had to list three cities and three departure and return dates. I called the company and they said they truely try to grant people their requested itenerary. Anyway, I thought I would try it and not expect much.

Well I've sent in my voucher and they were supposed to call me within 2 weeks of receipt. Today is 2 weeks! No call yet. I'm calling them tomorrow!

My question! Has anyone else here attempted to use this promotion, and what was your experience.

TIA!

We did this and have a flight booked for my husband in August. We have had no problems with them. They have him booked on Delta which keeps changing the flights, but that's not their fault.

TIA!

Yes, my husband put in for the voucher from the J.C. Penney's promotion and is still awaiting a reply - he just gave them the cities and dates - is hoping to get San Francisco - as that 's where his son lives. We are awaiting the reply - just put in about a week ago. We'll let you know what happens.

I don't have enough room to tell my whole story. It took me 11 months and weekly phone calls to get our flights (mine and husband's). They rejected our first 5 cities/dates. Finally, someone from the travel agency took pity on me and went the extra mile to get us booked to Boston in Sept, where we are embarking on a Canada cruise. It was a very aggravating experience. However, my friend and his wife got their first choice (Vegas) and have already taken their trip.

Good luck. Keep at it, and if you get one of the rude "concierges", hang up and try again, or just call the travel agency directly.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by the conceierge desk that they had recieved my vouchers. They were supposed to contact us within 2 weeks to book the travel. I was told they were overwhelmed and someone would call within 2 weeks of the 1st travel date (which is Oct 20) . I told them that was not acceptable, and they said they would escalate my claim. The next day I received an automated call stating the same thing. I then filed a complaint with the BBB. (No response yet) Last week I called the Dockers customer rep who is looking into it, (no response yet). My next complaint will be to Penny's since they are the largest customer of Dockers.

I have plenty of FF miles and can easily afford the tickets. Sometimes you gotta fight just for the principle,

Archived