AOS 11/15/09 - Who Booked 500+ Cabins?

Well, you have to admit that a bunch of ladies who sell candles is a whole different animal than a bunch of 15yo's who are 'debuting' to society as it were. I'd be ticked if venues were closed or pre-reserved rows in shows, if the announced them coming into the dining room etc.

I was thinking the same thing. We had a group of ladies and some husband from the Mid west that sold candles (I think it was Party lite) and there were 1500 of them. Only time they were even mildy annoying were the pool parties. They had meetings that used private rooms ( they do have conference areas on the ship most Pax never have cause to use). and on or two meetings in the theatre, non show hours. But I met a few individually and we became friends.

We were with another couple we cruise with and for the most part found plenty of quiet places. We went about our cruise as we normally do and had a wonderful time, it also was the AOS.

One our NCL cruise the phone company retirees had 300 cabins, and again private parties, and use of the conference rooms for the retraining classes. But we only hung out with a few of them and aside for a few cocktail parties we never saw more than 6 or 7 peope together at one time. We did not care for NCL, but not because of the group. Most times the "groups" do not move as one unit 100% of the time.

It is BIG ship.

Identifying a group, not individuals, is not a violation of their privacy policy. Personally identifiable information is about a specific person.

Here is why they don't disclose or share information with you or anyone else. This is RCCL's privacy policy....all cruiselines have a similar one. Airlines have the same policy......as do hotels' date=' car rental companies and most travel providers. In many cases, unless subpeonaed, travel information is off-limits to anyone other than the traveler.

RCCL will not trade, sell or share such personally identifiable information for use by any third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you or are required by law to do so. In addition, such personally identifiable information shall not be disclosed to third parties unless we have informed you, been authorized by you or are required by law to do so. The term "third parties" does not include any subsidiaries or affiliates of RCCL, service providers or vendors acting on RCCL's behalf or travel agents or the purchaser of substantially all of the assets of RCCL or a subsidiary or affiliate of RCCL. Our policy is to require that third parties keep that information confidential. We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information, without notice, if we believe that such action is necessary to defend and protect the rights or property of RCCL and its family of websites or to protect the personal safety of users of RCCL, its websites or the public.[/quote']

Well, you have to admit that a bunch of ladies who sell candles is a whole different animal than a bunch of 15yo's who are 'debuting' to society as it were. I'd be ticked if venues were closed or pre-reserved rows in shows, if the announced them coming into the dining room etc.

HAHAHA Wanna bet? All those ladies were NOT your grandmother. They were 20-50 year old ladies let loose without their signifigant others. They did things no 15 year olds would NOT dare! And being legal age, well you can guess the rest I heard a few nights a number of them were thrown out of the disco for indecent exposure!

Evidently from some of the posters that have sailed with them, they ARE running things. I don't find that so funny. If we got on a ship with 200-500 15yo girls for a quince cruise - I'd seriously worry my SO would dive off the back of the ship and swim home ;)

What could be funnier than 200 15 year old girls thinking they are running things...that's humor!!

See - that wouldn't bother me - that could happen with any pax on any ship - if people want to act like idiots or let their hair down, they do. What I object to is large groups taking over venues, disrupting dinner, etc.

HAHAHA Wanna bet? All those ladies were NOT your grandmother. They were 20-50 year old ladies let loose without their signifigant others. They did things no 15 year olds would NOT dare! And being legal age, well you can guess the rest I heard a few nights a number of them were thrown out of the disco for indecent exposure!

Our very first cruise ever was on Carnival back in January '97. There was a very large group (over half the ship and ages 20-75) from a cabinet making company with us. Although the people themselves weren't bothering us or taking over public areas; the captain, cruise director, comedians, etc. went out of their way to talk about them and select them from the crowd for all of the activities. That was the only part we didn't like about the trip. It seemed like they were more important than the rest of the cruisers. It didn't keep us from cruising again though!!!!

Hey.....

I cruised with y'all last January....

And, I never heard ya running up and, down the

ships passageways, or, punching all the deck floor buttons

of the elevators...but, I did stumble over a few of ya :D

We're gonna go on the week ahead of you this year though...;)

So when are you officially going to join us? You get to come to all of our private parties. I have to admit that for such a large group we do not cause that much trouble. If it wasn't for our unique t-shirts and wrist bands you never would know that we were all part of the same group. Our sponsors would actually be upset with us if we gave our area of the country a bad rep. Our D.J.'s work with the Faith House (a local shelter for abuseue women and children), have fund raisers for a dog shelter, gives local charities all the help they need and the list goes on and on. We are a great group to sail with. I just wish I can give you the name of the travel agency involveded but rules here say its a no-no.

So when are you officially going to join us? You get to come to all of our private parties. I have to admit that for such a large group we do not cause that much trouble. If it wasn't for our unique t-shirts and wrist bands you never would know that we were all part of the same group. Our sponsors would actually be upset with us if we gave our area of the country a bad rep. Our D.J.'s work with the Faith House (a local shelter for abuseue women and children), have fund raisers for a dog shelter, gives local charities all the help they need and the list goes on and on. We are a great group to sail with. I just wish I can give you the name of the travel agency involveded but rules here say its a no-no.

Thanks for the invite...

How about a link to the radio station..

Usually, there is a promo there..isn't there?

Hey...thanks again...but, never forget this date:

Sep 21 2A876D8640A6498B9D6DC8956C2E33CD.ashx?@ DENVER BRONCOS3:05PM

FOX

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Tromp the SAINTS!!!!

Thanks for the invite...

How about a link to the radio station..

Usually, there is a promo there..isn't there?

Hey...thanks again...but, never forget this date:

Sep 21 2A876D8640A6498B9D6DC8956C2E33CD.ashx?@ DENVER BRONCOS3:05PM

FOX

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Tromp the SAINTS!!!!

Lets just see who stomps on who. :p

All I can tell you is that the radio station is 99.9 FM - KTDY in Lafayette, LA. If I say anything else I might get deleted here.

Lets just see who stomps on who. :p

All I can tell you is that the radio station is 99.9 FM - KTDY in Lafayette, LA. If I say anything else I might get deleted here.

Here..

You can listen on your computer

http://www.999ktdy.com/

You can read about your cruise

http://www.999ktdy.com/SailAway2009/tabid/3438/Default.aspx

B-T-W..the Saints will run out of breath here at

the mile high elevations... :rolleyes:

Maybe next year we will come along again..;)

The cruise I just went on had a lot of Quinceaneras and we had no problems at all with them. I don't think their party/customs interfered with the cruise experience at all.

just my opinion, AJ

Often this is the case. But the cases of 2000+ are much different.

See - that wouldn't bother me - that could happen with any pax on any ship - if people want to act like idiots or let their hair down, they do. What I object to is large groups taking over venues, disrupting dinner, etc.

Well my question is are you going to be in every part of the ship every minute? Of course not, all the ships are big enough to have plenty of other spaces that are available to use. And as for disrupting dinner, the party lite group ate like everyone else.

I actually might like seeing the girls parade into the dining room in their gowns ( after all I did have bridal shop and used to sell gowns to many a group like that). How is that any different from when the "pirate parade" happens when they bring in the kids from AO? Or the waiter parades 2 nights? And in any case it does not stop you from being served or prevent you from eating. You do not even have to look up from your plate.

To me this is all so speculative to begin with, no one really knows who or what booked those cabins. And yes, I do feel a vacation is what you make of it, and believe me I have had some pretty bad things happen on some ( someone in the group dying for instance, being woken up 3 nights in a row by maurading teens in our timeshare on another...just to mention a few) and yet I survived and had a good time. Maybe I am just a happy idiot who is gald I am not stuck at home, having to cook clean, go to work. Maybe it is because I am from a big city, and just go with the flow, some people can not adapt. Heck I do ot think the "Bears" cruise would nothave bothered me, I am from NY; I have seen it all.

The spring breakers on our last cruise were just as rowdy. I just went places they were not, and that was on the Majesty.

I was on a Princess cruise in Oct. of 2006 and there was a big group of Quacker Factory people...

There's a factory that makes ducks?!?!?!?! I always thought those things...never mind...

Who needs to know what group?

Just reveal that a "group" will be sailing and that over 1000 of them will be on the ship at the same time. That has nothing to do with "privacy". No one is asking for a list of who is with a particular group.:rolleyes: And no one needs to know who those people are with.

You are correct that there are "plenty of other spaces"' date=' however, pax pay to use the entire ship when on board. It isn't fair for them not to have access to the Solarium, for instance, because it is closed off for another group.

Cruiselines don't tell pax about groups because they know that many won't book if they knew they were on board. People are only able to find out about group sailings when they do research and find them themselves. So this is all about $$$ and not the comfort of all pax, including those that get stuck on sailings with mega groups of people.[/quote']

It IS about profit. That's what I'm saying. Without groups, the larger the better, cruiselines simply would have to charge higher rates to the general public. Groups are the backbone of the cruise industry.

Today's mega-ships are large enough to accommodate everyone. If a person isn't having a good time - or if that person feels "stuck", it's their own fault. It's all part of the "me, me, me" attitude that a lot of people seem to have today. They want what they want when they want it. They aren't able to compromise a moment of their time.

While it's true you have paid for your cruise and have access to the entire ship, it is equally true that there will be private events and parties that you don't have access to. One simply must get over it...and find something else to do for an hour or two.

Archived