barcelona hotel to airport

what is the best way to get from the hotel to the airport? We are staying the Gothic area at the Petit Palace BCN. there are 4 of us with the 4 check-ins and carry ons. it will be on a Sunday. Also, what can we expect the cost to be? The metro wouldn't by chance also go to the airport, would it???:) thank you!

This web site should help:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport-transport.html

It gives several options with prices, stops, etc.

We have not been to Barcelona yet but read that there is an aerobus stop (one of the ways to get from town to airport) right by where we are staying at the Hotel Continental. I looked on the Aerobus web site (english version) and the only stop for pick up in town seems to be Placa de Catalunya Square, so you would need to get there to use the Aerobus, I guess.

Other options are shown on that web site too.

We have used both the Metro and the Aeroport bus to and from the airport. We usually stay at the Continental Barcelona which is at the top of Las Ramblas near the Gothic quarter.

The Metro is a little more trouble dragging suitcases up and down the stairs. So I really prefer the bus. You can catch it in front of the department store, El Cortes Ingles, which is on the square at Placa Catalunya. I think it was about 4 euros, and you pay on board. It runs about every 10-15 minutes and makes a few stops on the way to the airport.

Archived