Anyone going on constellation 9/9/08

dahlia doll

I've finally got an email off to you with me reservation number, Sheldon. I'll look forward to our meals with you and Wally, and hopefully Hans too. Anyone else want to join us for late seating?

I can't believe how quickly the time is going by. I've been really busy, so i suppose that's hastening it, but it also means i'll be all the more ready for the relaxing sea days when they arrive. If the sun's out i'm to be found poolside worshipping it. When it gets cooler i'll head into the Aqua Spa and sauna - bliss.

My papers arrived today,so it's all official....

Let the countdown begin.

I'll be traveling solo in the cabin, as part of the PP group on board, and a lady friend of mine and her daughter in law will be along, too.

Getting into BCN on Saturday, and staying at the Pulitzer for three nights.

I am ready.....

Hello David. Have you heard anything from the PP contingent? After reading your earlier post i phoned them to check on the pricing, but decided to go with my usual travel agent instead. I'll just have to try and blag my way into the private parties instead :D

I'm on the E-ticket. It's certainly easier when i'm booking with a US agent from the UK, but i don't get the excitement of having a wad of tickets thump onto my door mat. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you Americans the dollar has strengthened considerably recently. It's making my cruise - and those maritinis onboard - that bit dearer.

I was quite happy to get the documents in the mail on Saturday. That puts me officially in countdown mode... "four weeks from now, I'll be....."

Did you mean "blag" your way in, or "shag" your way in? :-)

Actually, there are almost always a bunch of FOD folks on crossings, in addition to the PP group, so that's always fun.

cheers,

David.

:eek: I meant blag... really! lol - but i suppose that's the other option :p

The Martini bar seemed to be the favoured hangout for the guys on my previous Celebrity cruise. I didn't actually hangout with them much though, and can't remember seeing FOD meetings advertised in the newsletter - i actually found it difficult to know what was happening, when because i was totally overwhelmed with fund-raising adverts and flyers.

One advert i did take advantage of is the martini sampler... 6 martinis for something like $10... great value - and you know how Scots like a bargain.

Here's hoping they run THAT special again.... though I really still don't like gin. Give me any of the vodka concoctions and we're good to go.

Yes, the martini bar is quite a popular spot. I may have to see if some of the boys can be talked into the wine bar some evening.... My screen name isn't an accident.

cheers!

Absolutely - count me in for the wine bar. The screen name is not an accident. :D

As for the package, I did that once on RCCL and would probably not do it again. It wasn't THAT much of a savings... and you only got that if you always bought the most expensive bottle out of the selections on the list. And, frankly, there were nights when I'd have happily paid $45 for the Acacia Pinot, or a Sancerre, but didn't, because I had already prepaid. SO, I saved a few dollars, but felt like I had "settled"... and I'm sure the prepurchase means the waiter at the table didn't get any credit for the sale. And, most of the time (especially after two weeks) we get to like the waiters.

Cheers.

I've felt that we got a good deal with the wine packages in the past. We'll probably buy a 7 night package since we might not dine in the dining room a few nights when we are at port. We also have a reservation at The "Liners" on Sunday the 21st, just Barry and I, that's the Stags Leap Artimus night. :)

The Stag's Leap night, eh?

Somebody is carefully planning. :-)

I haven't booked the Liners yet.... by the time I looked, there were only the very early and the very late, so I figure I'll see about grabbing something once onboard.

Goodclicks, if we're both still single by then, perhaps that would work....

cheers!

Pardon my ignorance but what is a Stag's Leap Artemus night?

David, a night at The Liners sounds good. I've never eaten at a premium dining room so if it works out for both of us i'd enjoy that. My parents were very impressed with their meal on Millenium. They particularly enjoyed the wine sampling package which gave a different glass specifically chosen to accompany each course. We'll have to swap cabin numbers so that we can arrange to meet up on board - but hopefully we'll all meet up early on anyway!

Finally i can take a breather... Life's been very hectic recently. It's been a really interesting week though. I completed a property; went to my first pride and prom (in my rural town - shocking!); saw my first stand-up comedian; went to a film preview screening and saw myself onscreen (briefly as an extra) and hung out with the director, cast and crew. It's been fun but I'm looking forward to a quieter time before i sail.

Craig.

Hello Craig,

Stags Leap produces some very fine wines from California. Back in the early 1980's, california winemakers challanged the French winemakers to a blind tast test using French judges. Stags Leap (a California wine) won first place putting a thorn in the side of the Frence winemakers, and putting California wines on the map. Stags Leap Artimus is one of mine and Barry's favourite wines and makes for a great dinner. We look forward to it. :)

I have rarely had Stag's Leap.... though I giggle a bit every time I see "Frog's Leap" for sale at my local store.

(And, no, I don't make things up.... truth is stranger than fiction.)

Craig - if you'd like to drop me a line via regular e-mail <this screen name> at yahoo dot com.... we can coordinate a dinner evening. When I last checked reservations options, the at-sea days only had late, late seating (like 9:30).... but if I don't have anyplace to be the next morning, that wouldn't be a problem. We can chat off-sides and figure that out. I would *love* to try the full-on tasting menu with the matching wines and that requires everyone at the table to commit. So, sign me right up.

cheers,

David.

Hi Everyone,

We are in the Pied Piper group and will be staying at the Axel after we arrive in Barcelona on the 7th. We live about 100 miles north of New York City. Is anyone going to the Pied Piper cocktail party on the 8th? We plan to go and will have dinner there afterward.

This will be our second visit to Barcelona and we are excited about returning.

May you all have a wonderful vacation!

Vinnie & Bill

Hello Vinnie and Bill,

We are Barry and Bob from New York (Staten Island) and we are part of the Pied Piper group also. We are going to the Axel for their pre cruise gathering also. We look forward to meeting you.

Bob

Hi Vinnie and Bill!

Welcome to the roll call. We unfortunately found out too late about the Pied Piper cruise and are not officially with the group.

Looking forward to meeting you on board! Cheers,

Thom and Brian

Happy Thursday Ladies and Gents! Just a week from today and Rowell and I will be making the loooong journey from the West to the East, then overseas. We can hardly wait. It seems like yesterday, it was Fall and we were booking this wonderful crossing!

I am posting a link here to some information about Morocco not being a terribly gay-friendly place. Please understand this isn't to flame, or create any bad vibes, but only to educate and inform. I've never been to Morocco, so was thankful for the advice.

Most of us will be on chartered tours, so not to worry. Most of us are seasoned travelers and understand and respect another country's WOL. Still it's good to know their local custom and laws, pertaining to G/L.

See you all soon!

Gary

http://www.achchicos.com.ar/travel26.html

It's good to be aware of cultural sensitivities wherever you go. I can't imagine there'll be any problem the short time we'll be in port so long as one's not too obvious. Women should also be aware to dress fairly demurely too. It's going to be Ramadan while we're in Morocco so it'd also be insensitive to eat and drink in public during daylight.

I'm staying fairly near the Axel, i think, and have heard about it. I'll try to be there to meet you guys on the Monday at 9 - before a last night of Barcelona clubbing... thanks for asking us along.

Ia anyone planning a night out in Lisbon? It's a novelty to be able to do such a thing on a cruise. Apparently there's quite a large gay area and plenty of clubs in Lisbon, and i think they'll all be fairly close to where we're docked. I am tempted but i'd not do it at the expense of sightseeing the next day... and we sail around midday if memory serves correctly so it'll be an early start... although if the Portuguese are as late in going out and getting back in as the Spaniards midday might just be about right to roll up from a night out!

Craig,

Barry and I will probably go out for a little while when we are in Lisbon. From our experience with overnight ports of call, there won't be anything happening on the ship that night as the most guests (and crew) get a night out on the town. The primary gay area in portugal is fairly close to the dock which makes it easier. :D

Bob

I would love to be part of the evening out crowd.... I'm doing the afternoon tour that was recommended by PP, but that's finished well before supper time.

Count me in.... if folks are interested in dinner in town, and an evening out, that would be great... we will certainly have plenty of ship's food, and a chance to have a leisurely evening in town would be wonderful.

I'll be at the Martini Bar whenever possible... otherwise in 6136. :-)

Cheers,

david.

Archived