Formal questions

luvgreys

Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since we have been on a cruise. I have a couple of questions.

1. We are on five night cruise out of NY. Do they still have a formal night the second night out? We have always done 7 night cruises.

2. Is there a past passenger party on a five night cruise?

Thanks so much in advance. :p

Hello everyone.

It has been a few years since we have been on a cruise. I have a couple of questions.

1. We are on five night cruise out of NY. Do they still have a formal night the second night out? We have always done 7 night cruises.

Thanks so much in advance. :p

No, Formal nights are gone.Its now Elegant dress night.:D

Yes on #2

Steve

No, Formal nights are gone.Its now Elegant dress night.:D

Yes on #2

Steve

Formal nights may have changed names to Elegant nights, but on the Miracle last week most everyone was dressed formally. It may be different on the shorter cruises, but anyone in slacks and a tie probably felt out of place on the Miracle.

Formal nights may have changed names to Elegant nights, but on the Miracle last week most everyone was dressed formally. It may be different on the shorter cruises, but anyone in slacks and a tie probably felt out of place on the Miracle.

I have been on a few cruises and I have never seen most people dressed formally.

If I am reading your reply right,you are stating that almost 100% of the men (and children) were dressed in a tux? And the women were in ball gowns and pant suits?

I have seen many people on the whole dressed in the prior minimum standards of sun dresses,skirts/tops sets and many men wearing at least a jacket.Thanks to the new code,just showing up with anything on is acceptable.

Steve

On the Glory in May most of the men wore either a tux, suit, or sport coat/tie. Very few came to main dining room with just a polo shirt or open collar. Ladies also dresses accordingly. By formal do you mean tux for men (No), by elegant do you mean suit or coat/tie (yes). I think most still enjoy dressing up, although it doesn't make or break a cruise. Wear what you feel comfortable in as you are not dressing to please your fellow passengers.;)

1..... Do they still have a formal night the second night out? We have always done 7 night cruises.

Bruce answered correctly. Yes and Yes.:)

You didn't ask about dress code....but one (no name) truly enjoys dressing as 'down' as he can. Pay no mind. MOST of us enjoy dressing for the occasion, whether they call it formal or elegant.

Yes, on every cruise five nights or longer, there's a past guest party. Enjoy.

I have been on a few cruises and I have never seen most people dressed formally.

nks to the new code,just showing up with anything on is acceptable.

Steve

Just curious. What time of year do you usually sail....summer, maybe?? :confused:

I'm trying to figure out why I haven;'t had the same experience on my sailings. In fact, the last CCl cruise I took, I could find no one under dressed on formal nights (unless you count the college boy who thought it would be cute to wear pajama bottoms with his suit coat :p He was pretty much ignored by the college girls that were hanging all over the properly dressed guys so I'm sure he learned a nice lesson that night)

But I digress...

anyway, although I have spotted a few people on my cruises who didn't dress 'elegantly' on formal nights, they have been the exception, never the rule and I'm wondering if it has to do with what time of year I cruise.

If I am reading your reply right,you are stating that almost 100% of the men (and children) were dressed in a tux? And the women were in ball gowns and pant suits?

I have seen many people on the whole dressed in the prior minimum standards of sun dresses,skirts/tops sets and many men wearing at least a jacket.Thanks to the new code,just showing up with anything on is acceptable.

Steve

Steve is correct. Others who think most people show up dressed to kill are seeing what they want to see. They picture everyone dressed formally in their minds and cannot see past their noses. ;)

Just curious. What time of year do you usually sail....summer, maybe?? :confused:

I'm trying to figure out why I haven;'t had the same experience on my sailings. .

Spring break(Florida..1st week of April) and Thanksgiving weeks.

Steve

Steve is correct. Others who think most people show up dressed to kill are seeing what they want to see. They picture everyone dressed formally in their minds and cannot see past their noses. ;)

Thats a great explanation!

I think the thought is.if you keep telling everybody that it is formal,it will try and perpetuate that fact.:D

STeve

Archived