Private Excursion companies

FunShipAddict

I am researching some excursion for our next cruise and have been able to only find 1 company - Shore Trips. What are some of the other companies that offer? Specifically for excursion on the Western Caribbean route - Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Roatan?

TIA :)

I am researching some excursion for our next cruise and have been able to only find 1 company - Shore Trips. What are some of the other companies that offer? Specifically for excursion on the Western Caribbean route - Grand Caymen, Cozumel, Roatan?

There is also Island Marketing.. along with many private companies.. your best bet is to check out the ports of call boards..;)

There is also Island Marketing.. along with many private companies.. your best bet is to check out the ports of call boards..;)

I concur. Check the ports of call boards and see who others are recommending. I've found some of my best tour operators via others on the "ports" boards.

Island marketing is another good one. I've used them in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The ports of call boards can also recommend private tour operators that may not have an established "tour company".

If a tour operator/company has a few good reviews from the folks here on CC, I take the chance. As everyone knows, people on here will find a reason to complain about just about anything...so if the companies pass the commonly held standards, they're good enough for me!

FYI. Just remember that if you are planning a long excursion (6 or & hours) it's a safe bet to go through Carnival so that they will wait for you if your bus breaks down, some gets sick, and so on. I'd rather pay a little more than be left behind for any reason.:D

We have always used Shore Trips for all of our excursions for the past two cruises. We have not run into any problems. I always make sure that I allow plenty of time to get back to the ship and I look at the length of the excursion. They have been great to work.

I have also heard good things about Island Marketing as well. Matter of fact, on two excursions we have been on we found out they were using the same tour guides/vendors for those particular excursions.

I will occasionally book one through the ship, but I just prefer the smaller groups for the excursions.

Just from experience here, but the two I've used and highly recommend are tour operators. For Cozumel, try http://www.***** (private excursions to Passion Island and snorkeling excursions) and for Roatan, try Victor Bodden at http://www.boddentours.com (he has drivers that you hire for the day to take you pretty much any place you want to go in Roatan)

I agree with others, check out the ports of call boards for ideas and recommendations.

Archived