Tell me about AB Penthouse "Child's Room"

conandrob240

Booked an AB on Jade and the "child's room" will be mine (I am 40- LOL). I assume it is a twin bed but is it a regular bed with a real mattress (vs. some wall pull down thing)? Is it a full length twin or will I be a curled up every night? I know it won't be spacious but is it literally just a bed or does it have a chair and a nightstand in the "room"? Also, does the 2nd bathroom in this suite have a shower or just a toilet and sink?

Fianlly, anyone have pics?

Thanks!

Booked an AB on Jade and the "child's room" will be mine (I am 40- LOL). I assume it is a twin bed but is it a regular bed with a real mattress (vs. some wall pull down thing)? Is it a full length twin or will I be a curled up every night? I know it won't be spacious but is it literally just a bed or does it have a chair and a nightstand in the "room"? Also, does the 2nd bathroom in this suite have a shower or just a toilet and sink?

Fianlly, anyone have pics?

Thanks!

Good pictures here. From the Star but the same layout as the Jade.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

Kids room has a double sofa bed and pullman. Have the room steward add a foam topper and it will be fine. My son is 6"2" and had no issues.

Full bath including shower.

girls%20room1.JPG

Great. It is bigger and better than I thought! Thanks for the link.

The biggest issue is closet space. You may have to steal a little corner in the master suite closet for some of your hanging stuff.

I wiull steal more than a little space, I am sure. I also plan to give my Dad the little bathroom so me and Mom can use that glorious master bath as an exclusive "girls' only" space LOL Is there a closet at all in the Children's room area? Maybe that one should be Dad's...;)

I wiull steal more than a little space, I am sure. I also plan to give my Dad the little bathroom so me and Mom can use that glorious master bath as an exclusive "girls' only" space LOL Is there a closet at all in the Children's room area? Maybe that one should be Dad's...;)

There is with limited hanging space. Should look like this taken on the Gem. Not a great picture but there are two of those little hanging bars. You can see just the base of the second upper right.

2346236450059187889S500x500Q85.jpg

We had the AB on the Star in May. There is no sofa bed in the living area. The sofa folds down into the bed in the second bedroom, as well as the 'loft' bed that folds down from the wall. The only other thing in there is a small (very small) table that the tv sits on. The bathroom was very roomy for me, toilet, sink and shower. I'd say that the bathroom is about 1/2 the size of the 'sleeping' area. The closet had plenty of drawers and hanging space for me, I don't know how well it would have worked if I'd have been sharing with anyone else though.

Enjoy your trip!

My Great Aunt (76 y/o) stayed in the kid's room and enjoyed having her space and privacy. She didn't have any problem in the room or bathroom. The only thing she mentioned was if there was more than one person in the room, luggage storage could be a problem. She said she slept like a baby and I don't think she got an extra pad or topper, either.

You shouldn't have a problem, conandrob240. We enjoyed all the amenities that came along with the suite, too!! Enjoy!

We will have one large suitcase each- I was assuming they'd all fit (empty) under the master bedroom bed- is that true? I think those 2 big drawers will be fine for me and then I'll hang my stuff & keep my shoes in the other closet. I assume the master closet is quite large?

We will have one large suitcase each- I was assuming they'd all fit (empty) under the master bedroom bed- is that true? I think those 2 big drawers will be fine for me and then I'll hang my stuff & keep my shoes in the other closet. I assume the master closet is quite large?

They will fit fine under the Queen bed in the main bedroom. The Master closet is very nive sized plus lots of draw and shelf space in the master bed/bath area.

Last time I was in the same layout cabin I was cruising solo and used your bedroom as the luggage room :D :D

We loved the AB cabin when we went on the Jewel in Feb. I have a lot of pictures of it below on my link. My two kids just loved the set-up of the bunk beds in the seperate room and their bathroom was very, very nice. They also enjoyed having their own TV there too. That room also locks as well but we kept it propped open with a wedge the whole time.

I wanted to get this same room again for the Pearl but my husband wanted to get a different room this time. I think the AB is perfect for a family. I have never seen anything like it on another cruise...nothing quite as nice for that price.

Love the pics! Thank you! I am liking my little room more and more:) Can I ask a really silly question? The side window of the tub, overlooking the balcony- is that your own balcony or another cabin's? Please tell me it is your own balcony and then please tell me there is a shade or curtain!?:eek:

Haha! Yes, that is your side window. Yes there are shades but unless someone is leaning over their balcony, no one can see you. Oh wait, you have been guilty of peaking over a balcony before? Then you better pull down those shades!

What was great fun was showering in the AB shower with the full window and just looking out into the ocean totally nude. Great joy. No one can see ya up there!

Archived