"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

Love your photos! DD and I did Majesty in 2007 and it really brings back memories. Thank you so much for sharing.

Question about photo titled Cat 1/triple/beds split/deck 6. It looks like the photo was taken from the doorway, but in the mirror it seems like you can see thru the doorway to the other side of the hall. So -are you invisible? Seriously, I am curious about how the photo was taken.

Thanks much!

I think you must mean this photo. . .

I just used PhotoShop, to take me out of the image. . .

I am just an amateur. . . The professionals can do MUCH better. . .

I like to just mess around with it. . .

You can see some really cool stuff if you go to the Photoshop website. . .

Here is an example

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here was the original Photo. . . Ooops ! I happen to be in this one . . .

MJI3B.jpg

Here is the Cruise Critic post (After Photoshop CS2)

(The shadow on the hall way wall is from me. . .)

MJI3.jpg

Here is another one. . . .

Inside Single Cat I / DECK 6

(Before)

MJI.jpg

After

MJIB.jpg

PS. . . I always wait until I am home to mess with PS editing. . . .

"Radio", This is the best travelogue that I have ever seen. Although we have cruised extensively in the Caribbean , thanks to you, Bermuda is now certainly in our cruising future. Thanks for the journey... Ccruzer

WOW ! ! Thanks. . . Bermuda is is my Cruising future too !

I plan to go back soon. . .

Radio

Radio, hope you don't mind my beating this subject to death with one more word of praise for all the time and effort you spent keeping us all in the loop on your cruise. We're leaving on July 26 on the same cruise, and now we're even more excited. Your photos were terrific--more than any other cruise album we've ever seen, they really told us what the ship is like and what Bermuda will be like.

And I can't thank you enough for getting the new menus from the cruise staff and posting them. My husband loves to eat but he's a picky eater. He was so reassured to go through the menus and find something he's willing to eat every night.

My Majesty review has been posted here on Cruise Critic. . .

It can be viewed HERE !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Norwegian Majesty

MAJESTY1.jpg

Image Courtesy of NCL Corporation LTD

My Majesty review has been posted here on Cruise Critic. . .

It can be viewed HERE !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Norwegian Majesty

MAJESTY1.jpg

Image Courtesy of NCL Corporation LTD

Excellent review Mark, Would the Majesty be = to the RCCL Empress ???

Also, do you have pictures of the Atrium ????? TNX

Radio: I've waited since the day you came back to read your review! You certainly didn't let me down! It was excellent....written so perfectly! We are to cruise on her this Saturday....but now we are waiting to see what's happening with "Bertha"!

Excellent review Mark, Would the Majesty be = to the RCCL Empress ???

Also, do you have pictures of the Atrium ????? TNX

Majesty is very close to Empress of the Seas.

There really is no Atrium like on other ships. . . Majesty has "Crossroads" where the Pursers Desk and Shore Excursion Desk are. . .

I have included that area in my Majesty Video. . .which should be available any day now. . .

Stay Tuned. . .

Radio

When Majesty was under Majesty Cruise Line it was called CROWN MAJESTY and she DID come to Bermuda on weekly basis during the 1990's.

Actually, she was called the Royal Majesty. We did a cruise to nowhere onboard her at the time and aside from the rooms being tiny, we thought the ship was quite attractive. People who have sailed her out of Boston for the past several years were more than willing to overlook any physical shortcomings because of the great cruise experience she offered.:)

Radio,

Great review and have you posted the dailys yet for the Majesty? Not sure they will do me any good with Bertha on the move. Think we're headed to Bermuda this Saturday! :( :D thanks so much, Debbie

Radio:

I have a quick question. It is my understanding that the formal nights in the dining rooms are "optional." Is this true? Also, are men permitted to wear shorts in the dining room for dinner (e.g., nice cargo shorts with a button down shirt or polo)?

Radio:

I have a quick question. It is my understanding that the formal nights in the dining rooms are "optional." Is this true? Also, are men permitted to wear shorts in the dining room for dinner (e.g., nice cargo shorts with a button down shirt or polo)?

I'm obviously NOT Radio, but...

No, shorts are not permitted in the dining rooms. Jeans are ok in 7Seas only. The 1st night is a different story, I believe, & they let you wear whatever. Polo shirts would be ok but men need to wear khakis or dress pants.

Yes, formal nights are completely optional.

Radio,

Great review and have you posted the dailys yet for the Majesty? Not sure they will do me any good with Bertha on the move. Think we're headed to Bermuda this Saturday! :( :D thanks so much, Debbie

Thanks Debbie, I am try to get the Freestyle Daily's

posted by tomorrow. . .

I think Bertha will pass before you arrive. . . (Hope)

Radio

In the past when we have cruised on other cruise lines my husband and kids (ages 14 and 18) always wore khacki's and a nice shirt. I was just assuming since it was informal dining that cargo and/or dress shorts would be permitted. Silly me!! Thanks for responding. We are sailing out on July 19th.

Radio,

Like I posted earlier, we are first time NCL travelers also, but thanks to your wonderful pictures and info we are so looking forward to our 9/20 sailing. She reminds us of the Zenith so we're sure we won't be surprised with the size. Once again, we thank you very much!!

Sandi and Charlie

Radio

Thank you for all the information about NCL and Bermuda. We leave on the Dream out of Boston next month so it was very helpful. You mentioned that Horseshoe Bay had facilties and rentals - how about Tobacco Bay and St. Catherine's, do they also have facilities and rentals?

Thanks for all the info

Maggie Mae

Radio

Thank you for all the information about NCL and Bermuda. We leave on the Dream out of Boston next month so it was very helpful. You mentioned that Horseshoe Bay had facilties and rentals - how about Tobacco Bay and St. Catherine's, do they also have facilities and rentals?

Thanks for all the info

Maggie Mae

Yes they do. . .

Horeshoe Bay has restrooms, snacks, rentals, and drinks.(Beer, soda's, water)

Tobacco Bay has Snacks , drinks and rentals there. I think the restroom there may not be so good. (There was a door to something and had a sign that said "Rest")

St Catherines, has a Beach Bar, rentals, and food. There is a small RR there.

Snorkel Park had the best (cleanest) facilities, with rentals, bar, cold drinks, and food.

Many of the private resorts, have all of the above (and usually cleaner)

The public portion of Elbow Beach, has all of the above, about 100yds away. . .(At the Resort). The resort love to have additional customers. (just not on their beach:o )

Radio

The Freestyle Daily's have just been posted !

They can be viewed by clicking HERE ! Just click on the Majesty Album.

Sorry, I cant seem to find the Daily's for Wednesday. . . . :confused:

Radio

Norwegian Cruise Line Freestyle Daily

FDD1P1.jpg

Radio,

I have the Wed Daily. I could scan and email to you if you'd like.

Radio

Radio,

I have the Wed Daily. I could scan and email to you if you'd like.

Radio

Sure that would be great ! Just click HERE , and send it to my email ! !

Thanks. . .

Radio

Your review has turned into my bible for this trip on Saturday! One question, I've looked at the photos of the various beaches and I'm sure with all we want to do we'll only get to two of them. If you had your choice of the two, which would they be? We're interested in the scenery. I noticed a few photos showed beaches with huge rock formations, that's what we're interested in. Also, having restrooms and refreshments would be a plus. While we will go into the water, we're not worried about currents, etc. as we will stick close to shore. Again, thanks for all the great info.!

If you haven't been to Bermuda before I would definitely try to see Horseshoe Bay. It has restrooms and a refreshment stand where you can rent chairs and umbrellas. It is a beautiful beach to walk and discover little hidden coves and there are also rocks you can climb.

Archived