Have some questions about Carnival?

DH and I just did our first 3 night/4day cruise on Royal Caribbean and LOVED cruising. We went by ourselves in celebration of our 10th anniversary. Kids went to grandparents WHOA!

Now we want to take the kids

1. The kid center on Carnival goes down to age 2 non potty trained right? DD will be 2 in Nov. I know Disney and RCI the kids camp is not until age 3 so this makes Carnival very appealling.

2. I know due to the price being lower alot of college age cruise Carnival is there tooo much partying and drinking to take kids?

3. Is there any way on Carnival to get 1 room for 2 adults and 3 kids with one of the kids being 2?

I would love to plan a Spring Break cruise.

Anything else you can tell me?

Tammy

I thought kids had to be potty trained, but I am sure someone else will let you know. I don't know how you would get 5 in a non-suite cabin. Different cabins have different configurations, so you would have to talk to a TA or Carnival.

Hey if you didnt mind those tiny cabins on RCI, you will think Carnival's are large.

The older ships do allow 5 in the cabin, they will bring a crib or roll away for #5 person.

Iv been on RCL during Easter twice so Iv seen a ton more drinking on RCL than on Carnival, but Im sure if I went on Carnival during spring break Id see the same as I saw on RCL.

Depends on which ship you are booking if they allow 5. Only the older ships allow it, they were grandfathered in. The cabins are still built for 4, just a 5th person is allowed to be in there too.

Im told Carnival is the only cruiseline that will change diapers, so you might be right, Carnival is a good choice for your family.

DH and I just did our first 3 night/4day cruise on Royal Caribbean and LOVED cruising. We went by ourselves in celebration of our 10th anniversary. Kids went to grandparents WHOA!

We just did a 7 day cruise on the Legend for our 10th anniversary and my mom watched the kids too. Our cruise in May 2009 is our first with the kids.

Now we want to take the kids

1. The kid center on Carnival goes down to age 2 non potty trained right? DD will be 2 in Nov. I know Disney and RCI the kids camp is not until age 3 so this makes Carnival very appealling.

Yes, Camp Carnival allows children from age 2 up. They do not have to be potty trained. You provide the diapers and they will change them.

2. I know due to the price being lower alot of college age cruise Carnival is there tooo much partying and drinking to take kids?

I have only sailed on CCL so I can't compare to RC.

3. Is there any way on Carnival to get 1 room for 2 adults and 3 kids with one of the kids being 2?

Like someone said, the older ships do allow it. On the Legend and on the Miracle (the ship we will be on in May 2009), 4 is the max so we are taking my mil and putting 1 of our kids in her room. (Our kids are 1, 3, 5)

I would love to plan a Spring Break cruise.

During Spring Break, you will probably see lots of college students who will be partying. That's true of RC too though. Keep that in mind when planning.

Anything else you can tell me?

Children who are not potty trained are not allowed in the pools. My youngest will still be in diapers when we go. We are bringing a blow up pool with us. You can take it up on the lido deck and fill it with water if you all want to be together OR you can put it on your balcony (if you book a balcony) and fill it with shower water and let the baby play there.

We booked an extended balcony so that I can sit out there and read in the afternoon while the 2 year old is napping. A balcony also gives you more space especially with 4 or 5 in a room.

Camp Carnival will give you a phone at orientation and will call you if they need you.

Tammy

Have fun!!!

Carolyn

Thank you so much for all the info. I do understand that Spring Break would have more college partying than normal. I was just wondering if Carnival is family friendly in general.

Thanks

I probably will give Carnival a try at some point I found a balcony room category 12 if I remember right for 4 night for $3k for all 5 of us.

Tammy

My kids have been on 3 Carnival cruises (going on 4). They absolutely love them! The people at Camp Carnival are awesome. My youngest was 3 when I took her on her first cruise, so I don't know about the diaper changing. As for Spring Break, when are you thinking? Colleges are out during the beginning to middle of March. Easter this year is in April. I'm a teacher. Our Spring Break is the end of March. I'm thinking if you go toward the end of March or beginning of April you won't have too many college kids.

Archived