Solstice Inaugural - Thanksgiving

joelsmith101

I think that since this is holiday sailing, there would be more kids and family groups than there would have been if the inaugural was kept on the Dec. 14th date - but it would depend on how many cabins opened up after those who were on the 12/14 date switched.

We did one short (7 day) Caribbean cruise Thanksgiving week and would never do one again. We like to be seated at large tables, all the large tables were taken by family groups and we were seated at a table for 4 (and that was back when Captain's club got you priority seating (time and table size) at dinner.

Anyone think or know whether there should be less kids on this sailing compared to a normal Thanksgiving sailing. Thanks.

You should post this question to the rollcall for this cruise since they are the actual people that will be on this ship for Thanksgiving week.

I suspect more kids than if not over a Holiday--this would make a stateroom on the AQ floor a nice idea-- it's a kid free zone... & I guess that would limit them at the restaurant Blu as well....but they will still be at the pool & such..

I suspect more kids than if not over a Holiday--this would make a stateroom on the AQ floor a nice idea-- it's a kid free zone... & I guess that would limit them at the restaurant Blu as well....but they will still be at the pool & such..

Aquaclass is not a kid free zone. The limitation for Aqua is two guests per cabin. So you could have an adult with a child in an aquaclass cabin.

Anyone think or know whether there should be less kids on this sailing compared to a normal Thanksgiving sailing. Thanks.

Hi Joelsmith !

We sail most every Thanksgiving Week. From past experience, I would say there are more children than your average Cruise, but less than say a Christmas sailing. With that said, it could be entirely different on this sailing. If you are on the Inaugural Sailing, I look forward to meeting you.

BTW, here is the link for the Roll Call : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=784393

We've sailed T-giving cruises several times and found more kids than normal, but not outrageous, like on Christmas or July 4th (that was a mistake).

This thread reminds me of the "adults only" cruises that =X= used to do. Do they still do any of those?

Archived