Cabin 6001 On Insignia

mashat

All staterooms that face out over the bow must keep their curtains drawn at night so as not to hamper the vision of the duty officers on the bridge.

If a passenger does open the curtains and their lights are on, they will receive a call from the Officer On Duty, or reception asking them to close the curtains.

Shari

CCC MEMBER

All staterooms that face out over the bow must keep their curtains drawn at night so as not to hamper the vision of the duty officers on the bridge.

If a passenger does open the curtains and their lights are on, they will receive a call from the Officer On Duty, or reception asking them to close the curtains.

Shari

CCC MEMBER

Thanks, Shari. That's what I was told.

Jana,

We had breakfast on the balcony almost every morning and made good use of it during the day and evening.

Go and enjoy your trip and don't worry, you'll love the suite.:)

When my daughter turned nine, I surprised her for her birthday by taking her to the then-new Anaheim Hilton and a weekend at Disneyland. She knew nothing about it; I told her that we were going somewhere special for her birthday brunch. When I pulled up under the portico of the Hilton and got the bags out of the trunk, the penny dropped and my daughter "got it." I will never, ever forget watching her as she squinched up her little face and eyes, clamped her hands into fists, and pumped her little legs up and down, running in place. It was as though she had to contain the joy and excitement, that if she opened her fists or her eyes it might escape. I'm sure you've seen kids do that. It's just the most wondrous experience!

Well, now *I* am that kid. I swear, I spend my days squinching up my eyes and pumping my legs in sheer joy. I have every intention of enjoying every second of this trip. (I'm not in the suite, I'm in one of the B1s in the center, which --without an overhang-- made me concerned about having morning coffee in my nighty on the veranda. Which is just something that is precious to me on a cruise.)

This is the absolute truth: On the very day that I got the call about clearing the waitlist, I was going to book NCL Jewel out of Dover. There was a deal on an earlier cruise being advertised and I was going to jump on it. And then the call came.

Oh yes, Orchestrapal, yes yes yes, I will love it! And thank you and everyone else for letting me know in advance what to expect from that location.

Jana

Alla and Frank

Orchestrapal is right, those in the forward cabins are not asked to keep the drapes drawn in the evening on Oceania ships.

Sorry StanandJim, but we DID receive a call one night to our Vista Suite telling us to close the drapes.

We were in 7000 on our last cruise. We, too, like to leave our drapes open. We did not get a call the first night, but did get the call the second night. We closed the drapes and kept them closed any time we had a light on in the cabin.

Our stewardess came to our room the third and fourth night asking us to close our drapes. We told her they were closed and showed her. She called the Hotel Manager from our room saying that our drapes were closed. I imagine the Hotel Manager then contacted the other rooms in the bow.

Our stewardess told us the glare from the light within these bow cabins interferes with the night vision on the Bridge.

The only way we could see the people on Deck 6 was if they were hanging over their balcony rails. We had to hang over our balcony rail to see the windows of the Bridge. In other words, I think there is quite a bit of privacy.

I do wonder what the crew working in bow can see if they look back at the balconies. They never acknowledged us when we waved, but .........

• 2 weeks later...

Alla,

I wanted to let you know that I've decided to rent a cabana for the whole cruise. StanandJim got me excited about it and the more I thought about it, I wasn't sure I wanted to risk having all eight taken by the time I boarded, so I went for it for the whole time.

I'm getting more excited about 6001; rest assured you'll get the whole story about the stateroom and the value of the cabanas.

Jana

Alla,

I wanted to let you know that I've decided to rent a cabana for the whole cruise. StanandJim got me excited about it and the more I thought about it, I wasn't sure I wanted to risk having all eight taken by the time I boarded, so I went for it for the whole time.

I'm getting more excited about 6001; rest assured you'll get the whole story about the stateroom and the value of the cabanas.

Jana

Thanks Jana,

We are also can't wait for our cruise. We hope you have a wonderful time.

Alla and Frank

Archived