Interior Cabins Near Aft Pool On Golden...Noise, etc?

ManhattanCruiser

I have a cabin on hold for an Alaskan cruise Sept. 6. It's Aloha 740, which is NOT one of the aft facing cabins, but is an "interior" two cabins down from the door to the aft pool.

I'm pretty prepared for the size of the room, the lack of sunlight, etc. But there's someone on another thread that had mentioned "deck noise" from above. Just wanted to see if there are others who would avoid these rooms because of a bad experience.

It's funny... I've already had a room that was rumored to be loud (a BB cabin above Club Fusion on the Diamond) and turned out to be quiet to me.

So...what's up with the "Aft insides on Aloha" people? Spill!

I'm not sure about the noise from above but doubt you'll have any on an Alaska cruise as I doubt there will be anybody in this pool. Personally I like the location, I'll booked in A748 one of the aft facing cabins for a South America/Antartica cruise in Jan. I chose the location for quick access to the stern outside deck for photo ops. Having the buffet nearby can be handy but not great for the waistline! Have fun in Alaska.

We were in A720 on our cruise in April and didn't experience any noise problems at all. In fact it was one of the quietest rooms we've ever had. It was actually nice being so near the aft deck and pool as it was so convenient to just go out on the back deck and enjoy the views.

I did have a problem with an aft interior cabin on the Diamond Princess on Aloha Deck. It was A740 (the very last interior cabin on the port side.)

I heard what sounded like water rushing through pipes off and on all night long. It was very loud and very hard for me to sleep with (and I am not a light sleeper by any means.) I would never book the last interior cabin again.

However, on the Grand Princess, I had A736 (third cabin from the back from the last one) and had no noise problems in that cabin at all, except for the night of the tropical deck party.......heard lots of music and thumping that night til about 1:00am when they moved the festivities inside (had that same problem on the Diamond, too.)

Archived