A question about the Carnival Kids' club...

CFitzRN

Sorry, couldn't find this exact information and hope someone can help me.

My 10 year old mostly wants to hang out with his older brothers on our upcoming cruise, but when they're doing the teenager thing, is it possible for the 10 year old to pick and choose what he does with the kids' club? For example, can I just show up with him for some function that he wants to participate in? How do I register him? Do I have to register him the first day, or can I just do it when we show up for the activity he wants to do? And can he come and go as he pleases or will I have to check him in and out every time?

It's obvious that I am woefully ignorant about how this thing works, and any information is greatly appreciated!

You can register him on 1st night.They will have an info mtg after 1st dinner seating usually in a lounge. For his age group, he signs in and out as he sees fit.

My ds at that age did the video game and computer time mostly. He signed in and out as he pleased.

On the first night of the cruise, Camp Carnival will host a parent meeting/ice cream social. At this time, you will go and meet some of the Camp staff, fill out paperwork for your child, have a tour of the facility, etc.

After that, you child can pick and choose what activities and times he would like to participate in at Camp. You will sign him in at the door of Camp Carnival. Because of his age, you can allow him to sign his self out or you can return to sign him out. My suggestion, since your signature line indicates your family is cruising for the first time, sign him in and out your self. The ships are quite large, with many stairways and areas that look similar ~ you don't want him getting lost. :)

There is a teen program for your older child. Any hanging out your kids do together will have to be done outside of Camp Carnival. There age groups will have them in seperate age groups.

Enjoy your trip, your family is going to L~O~V~E cruising!

At that Orientation, you will also receive a Camp Carnival CAPER which will list all the activies and their time and location for the ENTIRE cruise for his age group. (9-11)

This is different than the Adult Capers which are published daily.

We used to get TWO Capers...one for him to put in his pocket and one left in the Cabin so that we would always know what was going on and were.

Both of our boys grew up on ships (so to speak) and we did not allow either to sign themselves out at this age.

Unfortunately, in the sad world we live in today, you also need to have "the talk" with them about strangers. Not to overly alarm you, but these are small towns and while the staff and crew are thoroughly checked out...you never know who your neighbor is. When on vacation, kids can get the false sense that "everyone is nice". Our boys were either in Camp Carnival, in the cabins or with us....especially at night at this age.

Thanks for all the info everyone. :)

I agree about not being too careful with your kids. I've been drilling into their heads their whole lives about how there are many people with ill intentions toward them, no matter how cool or nice they may seem, and they are pretty aware. I would be signing him out most of the time anyway, unless it was a situation where he wanted to sign out and I didn't know about it. I wouldn't want him to feel like he had to stay there if he really didn't want to.

I honestly don't think he'll be spending a lot of time in there, unless he meets someone he really likes and they do stuff together there.

Thanks again for the details guys.

Thanks for all the info everyone. :)

I agree about not being too careful with your kids. I've been drilling into their heads their whole lives about how there are many people with ill intentions toward them, no matter how cool or nice they may seem, and they are pretty aware. I would be signing him out most of the time anyway, unless it was a situation where he wanted to sign out and I didn't know about it. I wouldn't want him to feel like he had to stay there if he really didn't want to.

I honestly don't think he'll be spending a lot of time in there, unless he meets someone he really likes and they do stuff together there.

Thanks again for the details guys.

This age group does do a Scavenger (sp?) Hunt that is unsupervised. The kids go in groups around the ship collecting things and I think that includes passenger cabins (which I never let my kids do). Just wanted you to be aware.

You will have a great time and the kids will be thrilled!!

Archived