Luggage And Excursions

Two questions here!! :)

Do they leave your luggage inside your room or right in front of your cabin door? I heard in front of the door but that makes me a little uneasy - anyone could just take my suitcase!!

Secondly, if I choose to take an excursion not through Royal Caribbean, such as the horseback riding at Spicelands, how do I go around to doing that? Do I just go to the specific place?

Thank you so much!!

-- Jenna

If you are in a big suite they will bring the luggage in for you otherwise it is left at your door. I have never heard of any, or had any, troubles with this so hopefully you won't have any either.

If you sign up for a ships excursion in any port they will tell you where to meet. Usually if you are tendering in that port it's in the main showroom or, if you are docked, it's out on the pier. Either way they will have signs at the location for you to go to and meet up with the representative who will take your tickets and get you on your way. If the excursion is not with the cruise line then it is up to you to determine where you should go with whomever you have booked through ahead of time.

Two questions here!! :)

Do they leave your luggage inside your room or right in front of your cabin door? I heard in front of the door but that makes me a little uneasy - anyone could just take my suitcase!!

Secondly, if I choose to take an excursion not through Royal Caribbean, such as the horseback riding at Spicelands, how do I go around to doing that? Do I just go to the specific place?

Thank you so much!!

-- Jenna

On the first question, yes they do leave the luggage outside the door. The only thing is that you arrive there first and can watch for it arriving if you are worried about security. We have never had a bag stolen on board yet. Unlikely that a fellow guest will take your bag, it would be difficult for them to get it off the ship.

I don't really understnad the second question, so cannot help. Usually, you just get off the ship and go where you like, remembering tht the ship will not wait if you are late back.

My family (dm & dd, Aunt & uncle x 3, DS and DBIL) combined for 40 + cruises and never have lost a bag sitting outside the door.

Myself and ex DW did a scuba trip off the ship. We asked when we booked it and was told where they would meet. We showed up there and away we went for a get addition to our trip!!!

Ours was outside our door ... actually, most bags were in the stair landing areas for a bit until sorted to the rooms by the stewards or claimed by their owners. I've never heard of anyone's luggage being lost or taken. I suppose it could happen, but it's surprisingly rare. Our luggage must have been on the last cart to be brought up, and the steward did bring most of it into our room for us as he was doing turndown service. Not policy, but it was nice of him (and it was in his way as he tried to get into the room).

If you pre-book your excursion, there will usually be a ticket in your room, either at the beginning of the cruise or the night before. We usually do our own thing, but with the one excursion we booked with Celebrity, there were tickets in our stateroom on embarkation. We couldn't go (a couple of factors -- bad weather and bad information), so they booked us on an Empress of the Seas excusion the next day (the two ships were together for much of the week). There were excursion tickets on Empress of the Seas stationery in our room the night before.

Thanks for all the help with the luggage question!!

I understand a few are confused about my other question. You know how RC lets you book excursions at their website or on the ship? I mean ones that RC doesn't offer, but there is a place on the island. Do I just go to the place like the morning of?

I have to believe it's VERY rare to have luggage stolen from a hallway. You have to leave it there the night before the cruise ends too. I wouldn't want to leave my luggage in a motel hallway, but have never worried about it on a ship.

I'm not sure why you're asking the second question, it's pretty simple. If you're doing an excursion or anything else on you're own, it's your responsibility to contact the provider and find out exactly WHERE to be and WHEN, and get there yourself there.:rolleyes: And have a plan to get back to the ship................

I understand a few are confused about my other question. You know how RC lets you book excursions at their website or on the ship? I mean ones that RC doesn't offer, but there is a place on the island. Do I just go to the place like the morning of?

Google this:

horseback riding at Spicelands

It will give you places to contact and set up your riding adventure.

g

When I book my own excursions, I always call or email ahead of time and set things up, make sure the cruiseline hasn't completely booked them for the day, etc.

Unless we're just going to a museum or something, in which case, we walk up, like any land-traveling tourists.

No ones wants your dirty clothes! Just make sure your bags are locked! And don't put anything of great value in your checked bags--keep your jewelry, cameras, etc... in the bag you are carrying off the ship--the one you will put your morning toiletries, sleepwear (if any) last night's clothes, etc.... in.

Archived