How do you know what day to reserve Palo's

nicki_momof3

This will be our first DLC. We really want to go out for an evening w/o the kids to Palo's but we also want to be sure we go to all 4 resturants with the kids and the pirate party. Is it possible to findout ahead of time your dinner rotation?

I have read all about the great autographed pillow cases - I love it. Everything I have read says white cases. Is that the rule or can I bring a light pink or other very light color?

Thanks for the great tip!

Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Pillows have nothing to do with Palo although they are alliterative. :D

If you have two separate questions, it is useful to start two threads. You'll get more answers that way! :)

On a 7 day cruise, you'll visit each restaurant twice and one (the first in your rotation) three times. So going to Palo one night would not make you miss any of the three.

I think it's more important to coordinate with sea versus port days or perhaps the pirate night. We cancelled a Palo rez on pirate night because we wanted to dress up. That being said, I'd recommend getting online reservations on the first day you're eligible. As a first timer (unless you booked a suite), that's after repeaters get access. You may have little choice, if any.

Without prior reservations, go to the place where they make them as soon as you get on board! Good Luck, Bon Voyage, and Bon Appetit! :p

There's no way to find out your dining rotation in advance. I assume you're on a 4 day cruise? I'd just make the res. for the night you'd like and if it conflicts with your plans once you get your schedule on board, change it on board, if you can. Remember you can eat breakfast or lunch in most of the dining rooms too, so Animator's Palate is the only unique dinner 'show'.

Any color pillowcase (or whatever- tshirt, frame, etc.) is fine.

Although this is our first Disney cruise, I have been thinking about booking 4th, 5th, or 6th night due to reading you might get assigned the same restaurant 2 nights in a row. Has anyone experienced that?

I have read on another board some have been denied of the signing of items left at customer service due to it being overwhelming and can't keep up with the demand. I hope that is not true.

Although this is our first Disney cruise, I have been thinking about booking 4th, 5th, or 6th night due to reading you might get assigned the same restaurant 2 nights in a row. Has anyone experienced that?

I have read on another board some have been denied of the signing of items left at customer service due to it being overwhelming and can't keep up with the demand. I hope that is not true.

I have no idea what your second item/question/thought means. Sorry.

For the 7 day cruises you get chose early or late seating. You get assigned to one of three rotations (early or late) based on your party's makeup. Then you rotate from the first restaurant to the next to the next, repeat, and end up in the first on your last night. You keep the same table number (different physical table in the different venues) and the same waitstaff. Your cruise card/room key will list your rotation.

You don't get any restaurant twice in a row, it rotates twice through in the same order visiting the first restaurant three times.

I havent ever heard of anyone getting their pillowcases, picture frames returned because they were too busy etc.

Pirate Night is a great night to have dinner in the dining room, on our cruise is it night #5, so Palo is out for us that evening. If you are a first time cruiser, you can book Palo 75 days in advance. Since we are returning cruisers we are booking 90 days out. ( this Sunday is our 90 days.)

• 2 weeks later...
This will be our first DLC. We really want to go out for an evening w/o the kids to Palo's but we also want to be sure we go to all 4 resturants with the kids and the pirate party. Is it possible to findout ahead of time your dinner rotation?

I don't know how many nights your going. I know for a four night cruise your dining rotation will be something like ATTP, repeating the second resturant the third night. The third night is Pirate night. There is no way of knowing ahead of time. All you can do is your best guess. Palo ressies go fast. They are open for first timers at midnight 75 days out. I stayed up after midnight on our 75 days out and was able to get dinner booked and also get the last brunch time available. Good luck to you and I hope this helps. Something else you can do if your afraid of missing one of the main dining rooms would be to go to dinner w/ the kids and just have appetizers and then book Palo for later for your actual dinner. ;)

You don't get any restaurant twice in a row, it rotates twice through in the same order visiting the first restaurant three times.

The dining rotation has changed, actually, as of the Mexican Riviera cruises. For example, Main dining on the MAGIC (Wonder has a different rotation) does the following:

5:30 LAAPLAP

5:45 APPLAPL

6:00 PLLAPLA

The Wonder is currently not doing staggered seating, either, as a trial. See any recent Navigators for both ships to see for yourself.

Archived