Delayed Cruise Documents from Cunard

Haze

Pur travel agent has not yet received our cruise documents for our transatlantic voyage on July 8/08. Apparently they are now printed in England. They are supposed to be in transit.

Has anyone run into this before? If you do not receive your cdocuments on time , what did you do?

Pur travel agent has not yet received our cruise documents for our transatlantic voyage on July 8/08. Apparently they are now printed in England. They are supposed to be in transit.

Has anyone run into this before? If you do not receive your cdocuments on time , what did you do?

The same thing happened to us on our Norway cruise earlier this month. I was going nuts. What I learned is that you do not need any documents to get on the ship. Just come down to the pier with your credit card and passports and they will have all the info on you to board the ship. Actually if you present document package they will tell you to put it away. Make sure you know your cabin number.

Thanks Bobnat. We are going nuts over it. I don;t think the TA is feeling too comfortable either. We do have the cabin number, the booking number and have been able to fill out the immigration forms on line and have printed them.

E will take that inof with us and hope for the best if they do not arrive.

We're on the 7/2 QM2 and received our docs on Friday, 6/20. Our wonderful T/A tracked them down earlier this month. They were shipped from England and were in a box somewhere in California (Cunard's US base). They were then slowly sent to my TA in R.I. and promptly forwarded on to me in NY.

You should have your docs by the end of the week.

Guess what- you don't need them anyway! Since moving their document operation across the pond, they are "cheapened". It appears they are gradually transitioning to on-line documents, as many cruiselines now are.

If I recall, Princess uses on-line documents and Cunard usually follows suit in changes.

Our docs are still in a "pleather" case. Instead of neatly bound docs, there are a couple of photocopies of our itinerary on plain copy paper with poor resolution. The luggage tags do not have our names on them and only our deck number, not our cabin number. Kind of like a generic tag. It also states that the same tags will be used to debark, so not to remove them.

We now have to fill out all the information, including our name(s), cabin number, address... on each tag.

I predict that they will convert to e-docs, as soon as their "programming" is completed on the website.

FYI- we were on a RCCL cruise in April. We checked in on line and printed out our "set sail" pass. We did receive the luggage tags (with our names and cabin #) in the mail, but others just printed our their luggage tags.

we sailed June 8th on QM2 and our tickets arrived on the Tuesday after we sailed! We boarded with our passports and received baggage tags at the pier, it was the easiest embarkation ever. You really do not need your tickets, just anything that has your booking number and sailing date (ie: pre cruise documentation). Lots of people did not have tickets.

Many thanks. it does not look hopeful to receive the tickets before we go. The other annoying thing will be that without baggage tags we will be unable to leave our luggage with the handlers immediatley. It will have to stay with us until we check in. That is somewhat annoying as we have a fair amount of luggage due to another 18 day Hal cruise we are taking after this one.

All, its much easier than I thought when I did not receive my tickets. Outside the terminal where the porters are, there is a desk staffed with Cunard reps with passenger lists and cabins numbers, as well as baggage tags. You walk up, tell them your name, they fill out a baggage tag, you turn around give your bags to a waiting porter and walk into the terminal. You show your passoprt and you are on the ship. In all 15 minutes.

Thanks Linda. We received an email from our TA yesterday saying she was not in the office yesterday but she had almost all of our documents. I don;t know exactly what this means but it looks like it will be a very late ticket pickup. Late pickup is better than no pickup.

Hazel

Cunard needs to get their act together with this move. We sail them often, so not getting tickets was no big deal, but those in our group were unnecessarily made anxious/nervous about boarding with no tickets on their first crossing/cruise. It would have been a nice way to start the trip to have tickets in hand.

Avalon,

I agree. This is our seventh cunard voyage. We have nnever run into this before so it was a bit of a surprsie but is now causing us some hectic time before we leave to go to New York to board the ship.

Avalon,

I agree. This is our seventh cunard voyage. We have nnever run into this before so it was a bit of a surprsie but is now causing us some hectic time before we leave to go to New York to board the ship.

Haze,

See you on board!

I've not received any tickets yet and after the crossing I'm transferring to QV and then back to QM2 for return to NY . I.ve been told by Cunard that as long as your name is on the manifest there will be no problem. Just make certain your Immigration form has been filled out...

Stephen

Many thanks Steven. DO you want to meet on board brifly? We are a couple

husband & wife.

Sure. Just ask for me via Front Office Operator and leave a message on the phone. Sorry, right now I cannot remember the cabin number!!!!!!:o

Stephen Card

Sure. Just ask for me via Front Office Operator and leave a message on the phone. Sorry, right now I cannot remember the cabin number!!!!!!:o

Stephen Card

How very smart of you!

Stephen,

We will do so. We are cabin 5090.

Haze,

Our tickets arrived this am. Cabin is 9064.

Tickets for the follow on voyages, QV to the Baltic and QM2 back to NY have not arrived yet. Perhaps delivery in mid Atlantic!

See you on board!

Stephen

Stephen,

We will do so. We are cabin 5090.

Haze,

Our tickets arrived this am. Cabin is 9064.

Tickets for the follow on voyages, QV to the Baltic and QM2 back to NY have not arrived yet. Perhaps delivery in mid Atlantic!

See you on board!

Stephen

On the QM2 for Jul 4 sailing. Left the house at 3pm yesterday to catch the redeye to New York. Documents arrived at 2:30pm! That was close.

TA sent them from the States early last week I think so Cunard had them to them 2 weeks prior to the sailing.

Billet,

Our tickets showed thay were only printed June 24/08. We picked them up

June 30th. I think they need to reassess their new ticketing system. Your experience is even more stressful.

Sequel to late arrival of Cunard tickets.

We received a call to day from our travel agent. We have been upgraded to

In Hull balcony whcih we have had in the past (2006) on QM2. We had booked an inside becuase this voyage is just passage to the other larger trip we are taking from Rotterdam on July 22 with HAL. The travel agent said she thinks the upgrade occurred becuase of the late arrival of the tickets.

Regardless, we are taking the upgrade.

Attention Stephen Card:

Please note new cabin number is B3 #4134.

Archived