RCI Take Note of Conquest's New Itinerary

Just hoping that RCI takes note of Carnival Conquest's newest itinerary out of Galveston beginning in Feb 09. The ports of call are Key West, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas with the last 2 days @ sea. I am very excited about these ports, but hope that RCI will make similar changes as we prefer RCI. Us Texans are getting a little tired of the same West Caribbean ports (Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel).

Any thoughts?

Amen to that!

DH and I are considering doing Carnival from Galveston simply because they are new ports!

How 'bout Key West, Nassau and Coco Cay? I like Cozumel, but it would be nice to have somewhere different to go from Galveston - on Royal, not Carnival.

The issue with that itinerary is that Coco Cay is a tender port and can be missed due to seas/weather. That only leaves two ports of call if that happens with one (Nassau) less than desirable.

I always felt like the Grand's itinerary with 4 ports (Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, and Costa Maya) was "rushed." I'm a big fan of sea days, so three ports in a week is enough for me. Probably folks who don't care as much for the "cruising" part of a cruise would think the opposite!

I'm not saying I want another port, I just love Key West and would like to cruise out of Galveston rather then Tampa.

The issue with that itinerary is that Coco Cay is a tender port and can be missed due to seas/weather. That only leaves two ports of call if that happens with one (Nassau) less than desirable.

We Galveston cruisers are kind of used to that with one of the usual options being Grand Cayman. Nassau, as a new to Galveston port, would be different. I really liked going over to Atlantis the first time I was there.

Just hoping that RCI takes note of Carnival Conquest's newest itinerary out of Galveston beginning in Feb 09. The ports of call are Key West, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas with the last 2 days @ sea. I am very excited about these ports, but hope that RCI will make similar changes as we prefer RCI. Us Texans are getting a little tired of the same West Caribbean ports (Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel).

Any thoughts?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

\

I would like the Key West part, because I love Key West, but I don't know about the Bahamas. I've never been to Freeport, but I have been to Nassau several times, and I was ready to get back on the ship the first time I was there. I just said this in another thread, but when the Oasis docks in Nassau, I would treat that day as a sea day most likely.

I just think that once you have been to most of the ports in the caribbean that are the average stops for big ships, you get tired of them real quick.

We Galveston cruisers are kind of used to that with one of the usual options being Grand Cayman. Nassau, as a new to Galveston port, would be different. I really liked going over to Atlantis the first time I was there.

I agree. Anything new would be a bit refreshing. We've been to Cayman & Cozumel the last 4 years...not that we don't enjoy them, but new scenery and experiences would be good. We went to Atlantis about 5 years ago when cruising out of Miami. It was a great beach. Everyone has mentioned how bad Freeport is. What makes it so bad?

Key West is a winner, but the bahamas rank right up there with Jamaica as port we least want to see ..... ever again.

I absolutely agree with this statement. And No, I do NOT want beads in my hair! :)

Archived