RCI Take Note of Conquest's New Itinerary

Just hoping that RCI takes note of Carnival Conquest's newest itinerary out of Galveston beginning in Feb 09. The ports of call are Key West, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas with the last 2 days @ sea. I am very excited about these ports, but hope that RCI will make similar changes as we prefer RCI. Us Texans are getting a little tired of the same West Caribbean ports (Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel).

Any thoughts?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Texas2Steppers&date=9-7-2008&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Adventure of the Seas[/url]

I think I prefer the RCCL itinerary as opposed to KW and the Bahamas ... but then again, I guess change is probably more interesting for those who regularly cruise the same ship. I guess I really just dislike the Bahamas, though obviously that is a personal prefernce.

They already offer 2 different interaries: 1. Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Honduras; Costa Maya, Mexico; Yucatan (Progreso), Mexico; Galveston, Texas and 2. Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; Galveston, Texas

If you have not done the 1st one I highly recommend it... we did that itinerary on Rhapsody and had a wonderful time.

Now if they would just bring back a ship full time! :(

We've been on the Galveston, Key West, Cayman, Cozumel route twice on Rhapsody and in February of this year went to Galveston, Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel on Voyager. These are nice ports, but we need a change.

DH & I always enjoy Key West, but with on RCI we only had from 3 pm until midnight there...not much time to take in the island. Conquest's itinerary has you there most of the day.

If only we could have Rhapsody back, we REALLY miss her!:mad:

Just hoping that RCI takes note of Carnival Conquest's newest itinerary out of Galveston beginning in Feb 09. The ports of call are Key West, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas with the last 2 days @ sea. I am very excited about these ports, but hope that RCI will make similar changes as we prefer RCI. Us Texans are getting a little tired of the same West Caribbean ports (Jamaica, Cayman, Cozumel).

Any thoughts?

Well you have that problem everywhere - even down here. Sure initially we have a choice but after you cruised a few times it becomes repetitive, especially if you have multiple ships basically sailing to the same ports.

Unless I pick an exotic cruise (outside the caribbean) ports-of-call are secondary. As long as I am on a cruise I am happy.

BTW, you really don't want Freeport. Easily one of the worst ports.

Well you have that problem everywhere - even down here. Sure initially we have a choice but after you cruised a few times it becomes repetitive, especially if you have multiple ships basically sailing to the same ports.

Unless I pick an exotic cruise (outside the caribbean) ports-of-call are secondary. As long as I am on a cruise I am happy.

BTW, you really don't want Freeport. Easily one of the worst ports.

OT:

O: What happened to the 10/27 Sovereign?!?!?!?!? :confused:

Any thoughts?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]

countdown.pl?name=Texas2Steppers&date=9-7-2008&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Adventure of the Seas[/url]

I agree. When carnival came out with that itinerary I wanted to book it but DH wanted to stay with RCI. So we booked Voyager again. There must be some interest in it because since it was released (carnival) the price for an inside cabin has gone up $250pp. Please RCI come back!!

I agree. When carnival came out with that itinerary I wanted to book it but DH wanted to stay with RCI. So we booked Voyager again. There must be some interest in it because since it was released (carnival) the price for an inside cabin has gone up $250pp. Please RCI come back!!

Itineray is awful, imho, except for Key West....Would be nice if the price of gas continues as it is if RCCL would begin to look at more US ports and give those of us who have to fly to ports a brake and cruise from closer coastal areas........

Any thoughts?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Texas2Steppers&date=9-7-2008&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas[/url]

If RCI were to match that itinerary, within months you would hear complaints about it. As unpopular as Jamaican ports may be with some cruisers, Nassau and, especially Freeport, rank right up there as well. There are only so many ports that ships can reach on a seven day cruise, especially when sailing from ports such as Galveston. If you like the Conquest's itineraries, this is an excellent opportunity to sail with them and see how you think Carnival compares to RCI. You may be pleasantly surprised or you may decide that you prefer the RCI product but at least you will have some first hand experience on which to base your opinion.

It may be interesting to compare how the Carnival itinerary does compared to the one offered by RCI. That may tell you something about which line is more attuned to its clientele.:)

Freeport is one of the worst ports in that area; a recent poll on CC asking which ports were the worst came up with Freeport hands down. While it may be new and exciting to the OP who would likeRCI to take a page from Carnival's book, I think one visit there will change his/her mind. And, IMO, Nassau is not much better unless you choose to spend the day at Atlantis and use their facilities.

OT:

O: What happened to the 10/27 Sovereign?!?!?!?!? :confused:

He cancelled cuz I did...............no sense in going then,is there?:p Are you still thinking of going??

You mean why I am not on the 10/27 anymore? Or is something wrong with the cruise itself?

:confused:

Any thoughts?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?name=Texas2Steppers&date=9-7-2008&image=Beach-10&text=&ship=Adventure of the Seas[/url]

This is an awful itinerary. Freeport has to be one of the worst stops on any itinerary with Nassau right behind it.

I sent an email to RC suggesting adding Key west to the Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; Galveston, Texas itinerary. On the map it shows the ship going right by Key West. I feel it would be a great addition to this cruise. As the other itinerary has three ports, why not add one to this one? I love Key West, will be there in January with the GOS.

I sent an email to RC suggesting adding Key west to the Galveston, Texas; Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; Montego Bay, Jamaica; Galveston, Texas itinerary. On the map it shows the ship going right by Key West. I feel it would be a great addition to this cruise. As the other itinerary has three ports, why not add one to this one? I love Key West, will be there in January with the GOS.

Unfortunately due to the extra sea day required from Galveston, they can only hit 3 of the 4 ports you listed above on one 7 night cruise. I believe Rhapsody had alternating itineraries one that went to Key West and one that went to Jamaica.

I always felt like the Grand's itinerary with 4 ports (Belize, Roatan, Cozumel, and Costa Maya) was "rushed." I'm a big fan of sea days, so three ports in a week is enough for me. Probably folks who don't care as much for the "cruising" part of a cruise would think the opposite!

Archived