cabin & balcony questions

patches12

Could someone tell me about the Destiny, Verandah deck, room 8334?

We will have 3 people in it. Is it bigger than the inside rooms? How big will the balcony be? Will there be chairs on the balcony? How many? Is there some place on the balcony where we could tie a clothesline or stretch a bungee cord so we can dry our swim suits? Are there refrigerators?

Thanks for your help!

Cabin 8334 (8C OSTW) 185/60 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:1

View: window and extended balcony connecting balconies: 8339

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer: wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Not sure but it doesn't appear this room sleeps 3. It is the same size room as inside cabins but the balcony is extended according to cruisedeckplans dot com website. Balcony chairs usually consist of 2 plastic chairs and one small table to put drinks on. Its not advised to dry your clothes on the balcony unless you want them flying away. There are usually a clothesline in the shower that you pull out of the wall socket thing to the other end of the shower that give you room to hang a couple suits but only about 3 feet long and clothes don't dry really well since it is inside. Good luck.

This lists it as an OSTW which means 2 twin beds or 1 king when put together without a sofabed or upper so no third person. Better make a call to your TA or Carnival for clarification.

ISUL

Interior One upper bed and one lower bed

OSUL

Oceanview One upper bed and one lower bed

ISLS

Interior One lower bed and one single sofa bed

OSLS

Oceanview One lower bed and one single sofa bed

ISTW

Interior Two lower beds

IST3

Interior Two lower beds with one upper bed

IST4

Interior Two lower beds with two upper beds

OSTW

Oceanview Two lower beds

OST3

Oceanview Two lower beds with one upper bed

OST3

Oceanview Two lower beds with one single sofa bed

OST4

Oceanview Two lower beds with two upper beds

OST4

Oceanview Two lower beds with one upper bed and one single sofa bed

OSQN

Oceanview One queen bed

OSQ4

Oceanview One queen bed with one upper bed and one single sofa bed

DEM3

Oceanview Suite: queen bed with one single sofa bed

VER2

Oceanview Suite: two lower beds

VER3

Oceanview Suite: two lower beds with one single sofa bed.

VER4

Oceanview Suite: two lower beds with one single sofa bed and one upper.

PEN2

Oceanview Penthouse: two lower beds

PEN3

Oceanview Penthouse: two lower beds with one single sofa bed

PEN4

Oceanview Penthouse: two lower beds with double sofa bed

Are you sure? When I tried to get a room next door for only two people, it was not available. When I put in three people, it was available.

8334 is supposed to have a sofa for the 3rd bed. Where does it say OSTW? It has three people listed on the tickets.

Thanks,

Are you sure? When I tried to get a room next door for only two people, it was not available. When I put in three people, it was available.

8334 is supposed to have a sofa for the 3rd bed. Where does it say OSTW? It has three people listed on the tickets.

Thanks,

I agree with the other poster in that this looks like a cabin for two. It probably has a sofa but with storage instead of a bed. There are convertible sofas on that deck but none of them are aft cabins. I would call to verify you can put three in 8334.

Hi Patches!

I have stayed in an extended on the Verandah before. It did not sleep a third, but they will bring in a cot in the evening for the third person. There are no refrigerators in your category.

I have stayed in aft balconies on the Triumph and can't imagine moving around the cabin with a cot setup. Hope no one has to make a mad dash for the bathroom in the middle of the night:D

Yukon III, CruzVinnieCruz, and Creole Girl,

You were so right! I called my "guy" and he said yes they have a sofa bed. I asked him to please check and he said he was wrong. It said it sleeps 3, but he said it would have a pull-down type bed or a roll-a-way bed. I talked to several other people higher up (hence the hissy fits!)

and they eventually told me they had an 8-D directly above my cabin....Wrong.....I looked and it was at the front. Called them back and they had already switched it even though I told them I would have to look at it first. I finally got my original room back WITH a roll-a-way bed. I am furious! My 3rd person cost was almost the same amount as the 1st and 2nd people's amount. For a roll-a-way!

Lesson learned! Hope my 24 year old daughter is not too uncomfortable on the roll-a-way! She is NOT getting my bed! :D

Now that the meltdown is over, can you please explain to me how you find those "codes" (OSTW, etc.) so this never happens again!

I am so thankful you three told me about the lack of a sofa bed. I would have started my meltdown on my vacation instead. Nothing worse than melting down in front of a crowd!:D

Thanks a million and please let me know where to find those codes.

Patches12

the cabin will feature a roll away- my kids were fine on that.

I would not strecth a clothes line out there to hang clothes to dry.

Many people talk about the soot problem. (i have not experienced this yet) but if your sailing has the problem it could ruin your clothes.

I suggest clothes pins or those thingees to close bags of chips to clip wet suits to the chairs. but dont leave them there overnight

I tried hanging my swimsuit and really really thin socks I wear with my water shoes in the shower to dry. In 2 days the socks which you can almost see thru, were still wet and the swimsuit was still damp.

Clipping them on a chair sounds like a much better idea. At least then you have some airflow drying them.

Look at the deck plans...and look at the astericks/symbols next to the rooms...and look at the legend.

That works for me. If I look at the Carnival site and see its a cabin for 2, i.e. no symbol for a 3rd bed, then you know the only way the cabin will sleep 3 is to use a rollaway.

Clipping them on a chair sounds like a much better idea. At least then you have some airflow drying them.

no airflow on an aft balcony--it can get quite warm though

• 2 weeks later...

Clothesline worked great with the sunny balcony. We didn't leave stuff out when the ship was moving. Everything dried really fast. When I signed up for the balcony, I was on my way out of town and called the reservation in. The Carnival guy told me it had a sofa bed. I didn't look at it online until after these posts told me there was a problem.

My "kid" was a 24 year old and we didn't want to trip over a roll-a-way bed next to the sofa. They took the seat cushions and arm rests off the sofa and put a roll-a-way mattress on the sofa. It hung off a little, but it worked well for her. She is only 5"3" but it wouldn't have worked for anyone taller.

Crisis resolved to the satisfaction of all. Lesson learned??? Always check yourself when booking a cabin.:D

just a heads up for next time--- carnival does not have sofa beds-- they have convertible sofas-- the backs come off and its the bed-- like a futon.

Some cabins dont have full sofas--but do have a smaller love type sofa-- that is what it sounds like you had.

my kids are over 6 feet tall and sleep nicely on the convertible sofa.

IF the sofa was a true bed the cabins will have a symbol on it that it sleeps 3 people.

if wanting a tru bed for everyone in your party you do not want to book a guarantee-- you take the chance of a rollaway

Three of us stayed in a cabin similar to yours and we made it work. the rollaway was comfortable for my niece and no complaints. It was folded up each day and put back out in the evening. Again we made it work and loved the location.

Archived