Need to lose 30 pounds before 2/6/2009 need buddies!

Hi all,

It's Monday morning in Australia, here is my weigh in -

SW - 160.2

CW 154 .2

GW - 130

I'm back to what I was before my mini holiday, so I am happy. I have been swimming or walking everyday and really watching what I am eating.

Hope everyone else has had a great week and I look forward to your weigh ins!

Good job Susie2shoes!!

How was your mini holiday? Great I hope. My ultimate goal is to one day travel (by cruise, of course!!) to Australia. I have been fascinated with your country since I was a small child in Michigan.

Keep up the good work.

Good job Susie2shoes!!

How was your mini holiday? Great I hope. My ultimate goal is to one day travel (by cruise, of course!!) to Australia. I have been fascinated with your country since I was a small child in Michigan.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the support. My mini holiday was fanastic. We visited some cruising friends in another state and they grow grapes. There were lots of wineries all around their property, so we had lots of wine tastings. I didn't weigh when I got back because I was sure I would be up. I was pleased to see the scale back to pre holiday weight this morning. We are going to Hong Kong in 3 1/2 weeks, so I need to remain focussed.

I hope you get to Australia one day. It is an amazing place, with so much to see. More and more cruiselines are sailing out of Australia now. RC has Rhapsody sailing from here over our summer months. Check out the sailings, one of the dates might suit you. We are looking forward to our Rhapsody cruise next April from Sydney to Honolulu.

Hi everyone:

My name is Brenda and I would like to join in with all of you. I currently weigh 211 pounds

and my doctor has told me I should weigh between 160 - 165. I am 5'8" and am 52 years old. My downfall is night eating. I eat lots of veggies and fruits but then I blow it at night eating everything from cheese and crackers to peanut butter on toast or I"ll eat a whole bag of potato chips. I'm really trying to stop but I'm going to have to try harder. We have a trip planned to Australia next April and I would love to be 50 pounds lighter by then. So here goes. I'll weigh in Monday and start recording my success!

Brenda

Congrats on sailing to Australia next April. You will love it!

Regarding your night time snacking, I have found eating more protein at dinner has made me feel quite full and I don't feel hungry after dinner. I used to eat lots of pasta and vegs and was always looking for something else to eat about an hour later! Then I would continue eating! Now I feel full all evening!

Began June 3rd...so today marks the end of week 8.

Height: 5'2"

SW: 188

LW: 180

CW: 179

GW: 135

Lost a stubborn pound....praying it stays off! 178, here I come...nowhere to run and nowhere to hide!;)

Isn't all of the support here great?

Hey Salsa Dancer!

Yup I am a Michigander...lifelong. West coast-only about 5 mikes from Lake Michigan. :) Where are you at?

I went to weight watchers last night. What an eye-opener:eek:

Either my scales are WAY wrong (they are digital and set at zero, though) or the fact I usually weigh in the morning in my birthday suit makes a difference. I went at 6 pm, and ate dinner before going. Wore shorts and a tee and flip flops but the WW scale said...gulp 193.8. UGH:mad:

Sooooo-I decided to re-do my stuff:

SW: 193.8

CW: 193.8

GW: 155

On my way to lookin' good!!!

Still holding the same. :( But on the positive side my back which has been bothering me for months seems to be getting better so maybe I can kick up the exercise. Bought a ton of fruit yesterday and fresh veggies; need to kick the eating after supper habit! I am in the same boat as you Brenda and do fine all day then blow it in the evenings.:eek:

Lucky you going to Australia. We were there for three months in 1993/94; stayed for 10 weeks in Fremantle --- loved it!

Kathy

SW 164.5 (July 5th)

LW 163.5

CW 163.5

GW 150.0

Hey Salsa Dancer!

Yup I am a Michigander...lifelong. West coast-only about 5 mikes from Lake Michigan. :) Where are you at?

I went to weight watchers last night. What an eye-opener:eek:

Either my scales are WAY wrong (they are digital and set at zero, though) or the fact I usually weigh in the morning in my birthday suit makes a difference. I went at 6 pm, and ate dinner before going. Wore shorts and a tee and flip flops but the WW scale said...gulp 193.8. UGH:mad:

Sooooo-I decided to re-do my stuff:

SW: 193.8

CW: 193.8

GW: 155

On my way to lookin' good!!!

Hey...I'm on the west side too....West Michigan, Grand Rapids area. Which beach is closest for you? Love the beaches! For people who have never been to beaches on this side of the state, they are really beautiful like an ocean, without the sharks, salt, jellyfish, etc. :D Anyway, small world!

Yoohoo! Another "Fluffy" lady here. Are you still looking for more buddies.? I need to shed a few pounds too. I started watching what I eat two weeks ago. And gosh it sure is hard. But with encouragement anything is possible. I have not read all the posts just wanted tojump in and say hello.

Annieeee

Yoohoo! Another "Fluffy" lady here. Are you still looking for more buddies.? I need to shed a few pounds too. I started watching what I eat two weeks ago. And gosh it sure is hard. But with encouragement anything is possible. I have not read all the posts just wanted tojump in and say hello.

Annieeee

Hi Annieeee, welcome to our group!

Kathy:)

OK went back and read/skimmed through the previous posts, looks like everyone is really trying. My problem is that my husband really, really likes to eat out three maybe four times a week, (guess that tells you a little bit about my cooking :eek: ). I don't have the late night munchies, and lately I started buying the sugar free jello and have that for a snack if I do get a craving for something. For the times when we do eat at home, I use a lunch plate for my dinner instead of the much larger dinner plates. This automatically reduces the size of your dinner portions. And I don't go back for seconds. The one thing that I am certain of is WATER! It really does help with your weight loss. Drink those 8 glasses a day and you will really see the difference. I am not a chocolate person, but have a tiny bit once in a great while. I am diabetc so I don't eat a lot of sweets.

I watch very little tv, so I try to stay busy with my hobby or I read. If I am busy then I won't be thinking about food. I need to lose some because it helps with the diabetes. I would like to see a 20# drop.

Later, Annieeee

The first week of this new routine was rough, the second was a bit easier, then by the third week, it was not bad at all. This is the start of my 9th week and all-of-a-sudden today I feel FAMISHED. It hit me this afternoon. I ate a big breakfast...2 eggs scrambled and cooked in Pam with Tabasco sauce, 2 piece of Light Wheat Bread, some strawberry jam on the toast and 4 oz. oj. I felt really hungry for breakfast and that was a larger than normal breakfast. At lunch I had a large salad that had some ham and cheese on it and fat-free Italian dressing, with veggies, then about 8 oz. of yogurt, and lots of water today. All afternoon I feel SO HUNGRY. I just ate a few pretzel sticks and 2 bites of a fat-free brownie.

Has anyone had this happen to them, out of the blue? It makes me wonder if my metabolism is back in gear after the plateau weeks. If I can make it through today, I'll be happy in the morning but I literally feel like I'm at week #1 again!:eek:

Hey Salsa- I am 5 miles from Duck Lake State Park- (Whitehall). You are right-the beaches in West Michigan are awesome with no sharks, or jellyfish. The occasional alewive (spelling) or a splat of seagull poo is about as bad as it gets.

Hows the appetite doing? I started WW on Tuesday (Joined Monday night) and I am dong the Kick Start for a week. Jeeze- I could have eaten the woodwork off the wall yesterday. Kick Start is only 20 points. I even had a headache. Today is much better:) and I am doing well so far.

I am a coffee drinker so I drink a cup very slowly to fill up the void in my tummy that I used to stuff with goodies.

Are you going to the 28th Street Car show? DH has to work all weekend so I doubt we will, but we were at Cruise-In in Montague last week...FUN! So many pre-1975 cars.

Keep up the good work. Think how great we will look on our next cruise!!!

Hey Salsa- I am 5 miles from Duck Lake State Park- (Whitehall). You are right-the beaches in West Michigan are awesome with no sharks, or jellyfish. The occasional alewive (spelling) or a splat of seagull poo is about as bad as it gets.

Hows the appetite doing? I started WW on Tuesday (Joined Monday night) and I am dong the Kick Start for a week. Jeeze- I could have eaten the woodwork off the wall yesterday. Kick Start is only 20 points. I even had a headache. Today is much better:) and I am doing well so far.

I am a coffee drinker so I drink a cup very slowly to fill up the void in my tummy that I used to stuff with goodies.

Are you going to the 28th Street Car show? DH has to work all weekend so I doubt we will, but we were at Cruise-In in Montague last week...FUN! So many pre-1975 cars.

Keep up the good work. Think how great we will look on our next cruise!!!

No car show but I bet those old cars would be awesome. I'm in love with those minty-green old Ford trucks! We're going to the Abba concert at Cannonsburg, I think.

I just had a big iced coffee. I saw a woman with one at McDonald's and it looked very decadent and fattening. I went home and made my own with brewed coffee and Splenda and a splash of cream, then iced it up. Mmmmm. It's held me over this afternoon.

I'm currently reading an article in Woman's World, on plateaus. I'll post the info that I gleaned from it, once I am able to figure out what they are talking about.

If you are doing the Kick Start, I bet you'll see a great drop in pounds by weigh-in. Those first couple of weeks are sure great....except for the headache that you get from giving up sugar. Ouch.

I'd love to be a part of this group. I would like to lose around 30 pounds before our Jan. 18 cruise. I did WW for about 6 months, lost 20 pounds, but just totally lost interest and gave up. I'm ready to go again:

Here's my stats:

SW: 214 (Starting weight)

CW: same (CW: (current weight)

GW: 185 (goal weight)

I know all the right things to do, now I just need to do them!

Monday weigh in sounds great to me!

Katie

I totally forgot to post on this thread....Purp....

Start Date: June 3rd

SW: 188

LW: 180

CW: 179

GW: 135/125

Took 5 weeks to drop a pound!! I gained so much water weight this weekend but most of it is off now....I can tell by how my rings fit. Yesterday my toes felt like sausages!

I hope everyone else is having a great week. Mine was a roller-coaster ride.:o :eek: :confused: :( :p

Purpletrogor, congratulations - 5 lbs. is awesome!

I don't even want to think about this past week.........:eek: . So I will wait a week to weigh myself.

Did buy a cute pair of shorts which are too tight so I plan to use them as incentive.

Have a great week everyone.

Kathy:o

I am with you , I have not booked yet but we are planning to go in Feb!!!

so me and my DH are already eating healthy, he has already dropped , just from that.

So I need to kick it and exercise!!!

I am with you , I have not booked yet but we are planning to go in Feb!!!

so me and my DH are already eating healthy, he has already dropped , just from that.

So I need to kick it and exercise!!!

Welcome M1ckey! My DH is the same and has lost 8 lbs this summer just thru better eating.

I have been slow to start but I see a tiny light ahead.

Made a nice green bean side dish last evening. Basically onions (i used shallots) and garlic sauteed in extra virgin olive oil (EVOO); add can of peeled tomatoes or 4 large tomates - peeled, seeded and chopped; about a pound of green beans washed (I cut them as well); add a bit of water if need be; bring tomatoes to boil, throw in beans, partially cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 min. I threw in a basil cube and few capers. Awesome. I ended up eating that as my main dish for dinner.

Hoping for better results this Monday.:o

Kathy

Archived