Need to lose 30 pounds before 2/6/2009 need buddies!

Dreading the weigh in at WW tomorrow. What a horrible week. Major stress with work, some serious illnesses within the family etc...:(

I even bought ice cream (which I only buy for birthdays-cos I will be eating it all up...no control there) and have been drowning my stress there.

I need some more motivation. I HAVE to stick with the program. Cruise is paid for and I refuse to cruise looking like a beached whale with arms and legs. Thank goodness I still have 138 days!!!!

Will let you know how weigh in went tomorrow.

Troggie

I am also an ice cream junkie. That is so my weakness followed closely behind by Wine. LOL I keep a box of the sugar free fudgesicles (40 calories) and a box of sugar free creamsicles (20 calories) in the freezer. I eat one of each every night. That seems to help with that craving.

So sorry to hear about the serious illness in your family. That's really tough. My mom has cancer that is in remission and goes back to the cancer doctor tomorrow. I'm always so afraid they will tell us it's back. My prayers are with you.

Just remember: if you have had a bad week. It's time to start a new one. Just keep thinking about the fact if you lose 1 lb per week, you could be 50 lbs lighter this time next year! WOW - can you just imagine that?

Marlene

Hello everyone! I wish I had found this site sooner. My next cruise is coming up on 10/19 and I'm in panic mode! I just turned 40 last month :( and I'm so unhappy with the way I look, but I just haven't found the right push/incentive/support... whatever you want to call it. I've been staying around 148 lately but I just weighed in at 145.6. At 4'10" even 5 lbs can make a huge difference! I even took my measurements and found that my right thigh is an inch bigger than my left! :eek: My boyfriend, Rich, just put air in our tires so we're going for a bike ride now. I'll check in tomorrow for our official weigh-in. See ya then!

Height: 4'10"

SW: 148

LW: 145.6

CW: 145.6

GW: 120 (ultimately)

Are you on a special diet of any type? If not, you may want to get on South Beach. The first 2 weeks you really drop weight quick, particularly the first week. Most diets will do that if you haven't been dieting. AND don't forget that water to flush away those lbs.

Good for you on getting the bikes out. That's my down fall. I've set the alarm to get me up early tomorrow morning so I can try to walk before work. After the cruise, come back and join us as well. Then you will be in perfect shape for a cruise or beach trip next year!

Marlene

Thanks for the welcome! We had a nice bike ride and worked up a pretty good sweat over about 6 miles (it's something anyway). I'm not on any real diet... probably more of a mish-mash of things. I'm trying to eat more fruits and stay away from bread. I'm also trying to cut back on fried foods. My problem isn't really snacking but rather I usually only eat two big meals a day. I do love fast-food! :D A bad day can put 3 lbs. on me overnight! I know I'm supposed to spread my eating out over the day but I'm not very good at it. It doesn't help that I looooove tv and am not very good at exercising either. I do like the fact that we all seem to have a common affinity for cruising and a common goal... to look hot for our vacations! I'll check in again tomorrow.

Kelli

I guess I'm the first to weigh-in this morning. At least it's with good news. :D I didn't eat anything after about 2:00 yesterday (I know, I know, the whole metabolism thing) and went for the bike ride in place of dinner. I'm taking a Slimfast for breakfast so we'll see how that lasts. Good luck to everyone else! Catch ya later!

Height: 4'10"

SW: 148

LW: 145.6

CW: 144.6

GW: 135 by the cruise (10/19), 120 ultimately

Congratulations Kelli on your weight loss! I too finally started to exercise - walked 3 miles this morning before work. I will be so sore tomorrow.......

I'm embarassed to post my weight as I'm so much bigger than you guys but it's because I am embarassed that I am so pumped up to lose this weight. I guess it could be worse. I saw another post of people over 300 lbs needing to lose 100+ lbs.

Heigh: 5' 5"

SW: 197.6 (9/6/08)

LW: 190.7 (9/14/08)

CW: 187.4

GW: 170 by Christmas, 160 by cruise on 2/21/09

Good luck to all!

Marlene

I too finally started to exercise - walked 3 miles this morning before work. I will be so sore tomorrow.......

I'm embarassed to post my weight as I'm so much bigger than you guys but it's because I am embarassed that I am so pumped up to lose this weight. I guess it could be worse. I saw another post of people over 300 lbs needing to lose 100+ lbs.

Under no circumstances should you be embarrassed! You're losing the weight and that's all that matters. Just concentrate on being healthy and keep up the good work! And congratulations on walking those 3 miles. I wish I had that kind of motivation in the mornings... I do just love to sleep! :rolleyes:

Kelli,

Not much motivation - I did stay in bed this morning, hitting the snooze for over an hour!!! I think got up and made myself put on the shorts and walking shoes - so hard. I finally got out and didn't want to walk. Had to keep pushing myself to do the 3 miles. I kept telling myself, I will lose the weight before the cruise....I will lose the weight..... I will lose the weight. LOL Fortunately, I work from home, so I was able to get the hour of walking in and get back into the house about 5 minutes after I was suppose to start work, but no one knew!!

Not many people posting weigh ins yet. I'm also on another post called "30 LBS by New Years". Feel free to join me over there as well. We have made a pact to keep this up through 2009 on that thread. We all have special things coming up and need to encourage each other to not stop losing weight after we return from the cruise.

Marlene

Count me in too!! I'm cruising in Jan 09 with my husband. It's his first cruise and my 2nd. On the last cruise which was Jan 03, I had just had a baby that previous March so I still had some "baby fat" on and couldn't really enjoy myself because I refused to wear a swimsuit, though the girls in the group I was in convinced me to put one on and lounge on the deck with them, but the cover up never came off. I don't want to do that this time!!!

This cruise is our honeymoon (we've been married for 2 years)/his christmas present from me/my bday present from him/we just need a vacation and I wanna look AMAZING!! I could stand to lose 30-40lb. I'm 5'6 @160. I see a few of us have the same habit.. eating when we're stressed or bored.

If any of you start using Nutrisystem, let me know how that works out! I've been wanting to try it but I don't know if it will work out since I still have a family to cook for.

Anywho, great to meet everyone and Let's do this!!!!

~Jennifer~

Welome JuJuBee! I have been doing South Beach which works well. I have not tried Nutrisystem although I've heard good things. Honestly, when I went on their website a while back, I realized I couldn't afford it and on top of that, buy regular food for the family. If you have the funds, it may be the way to go.

Marlene

Welome JuJuBee! I have been doing South Beach which works well. I have not tried Nutrisystem although I've heard good things. Honestly, when I went on their website a while back, I realized I couldn't afford it and on top of that, buy regular food for the family. If you have the funds, it may be the way to go.

Marlene

Thanks Marlene! Please, call me Jen :)

That was my biggest con against the Nutrisystem is having to buy that AND regular food for the rest of the family. I'm willing to bet that if I could just get myself off soda and stay off of it, cut down the candy a LOT, drink a lot of water, work out of course and keep practicing portion control I can get 'er done :) I just have a really bad habit of losing motivation. I'm going to buy Zumba and give that a shot. I've heard really good things about it and it looks like a ton of fun!

Dreading the weigh in at WW tomorrow. What a horrible week. Major stress with work, some serious illnesses within the family etc...:(

I even bought ice cream (which I only buy for birthdays-cos I will be eating it all up...no control there) and have been drowning my stress there.

I need some more motivation. I HAVE to stick with the program. Cruise is paid for and I refuse to cruise looking like a beached whale with arms and legs. Thank goodness I still have 138 days!!!!

Will let you know how weigh in went tomorrow.

Troggie

Hi Troggie...It's me, your Michiganian/Michigander friend. So sorry to hear about your troubles. Many of us have been through those family stresses. You're in my prayers today. There is something in the air right now with motivation, it seems. Maybe it's just me, but I think the end of summer makes us want to pile on the cover-up clothes, think of fireplaces and hot chocolate and lose some motivation. I am going through a bit of that right now. I just got back from a Thursday-Sunday stay up at Torch Lake. It was wonderful, the food was fantastic, of course. I packed a lot of healthy stuff to help me, but didn't need a lot of those goodies because I did well with portion control. I didn't care if I didn't lose weight this week. I just didn't want to gain anything new. I still went up 3 lbs. but know that most of that is water due to my rings feeling tight. It will be gone soon. My cruise isn't until late March, so I know that I have plenty of time yet, but I'm working to fire myself up with fresh motivation....as if I am starting out all over. It's a mental game that I'm trying to get into.

We stayed at two cottages with 2 couples and our daughter. When we got home, the stresses piled on one of the couples. So high and deep that I promised to have them over on Saturday night with wine on ice, prepared to pamper them and help them chill out. They were there for us when we've gone through those times, and now it's our turn to return the kindness. In our family, we've literally had a full year of one stress upon another...all MAJOR things. I sure feel your pain. One of our dads had open heart surgery in his late 80's and needed round-the-clock attention, my husband's best friend was dying of cancer and needed our support with weekly trips to the hospital on the other side of the state, our son was having major marriage problems, another family member had mental health issues, and one son left home, unexpectedly...all going on at once. That was the year 2000 and it was the worst year of our lives. I sure can related to someone wanted to bury themselves in a vat of ice cream! Hang in their Troggie. Life will get better. In a way, the one thing that we CAN control is what we choose to eat and how we end up feeling as a result of that control--the thrill of shrinking ourselves!!

Have you ever tried that Light Churned ice cream? I think it is delicious. If I buy ice cream, I buy that now. The family seems to be appreciating the lower fat and lower sugar items that I've been stocking the fridge and pantry with. They keep eating up MY snacks, but I don't mind.

How was weigh-in?

Jenn,

I think when you start any diet, the first couple weeks are the hardest and then you "get in the swing of things". I've been on South Beach for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It works well for me. I've done SB before. My only problem is that I diet for a big trip and then gain all the weight back. Next year - same problem...... I'm a big soda (diet) fan too. I try to limit to one per day now and consider it a "big treat". I'm so determined to not gain all my weight back after the February cruise. I have another cruise in 10/09 so I hope that will keep me focused to not gain it back and hopefully be even smaller for that cruise. I can dream - right?

Marlene

Troggie,

138 days is a lot of days to lose weight That's 19 weeks. Lose 2 pounds per week and you could be a "new woman" for the cruise, even if your goal on some weeks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc) is to "maintain" your weight. I find it beneficial to do a spreadsheet listing all my weeks up to the cruise, and set weekly goals for myself. Then I monitor my weight and my exercise daily. It keeps me focused on the big picture and also shows me quickly what the big picture/bottom line is. I know it is possible for me to lose 30 lbs before I cruise!

Then toss out the ice cream. That's too tempting. Suggest you get a box of sugar free creamsicles and a box of sugar free fudgecicles. If you do good all day with your diet, treat yourself to one of each after supper (total of 70 calories). Compare that to a big bowl of ice cream. I ocasionally do a shake in the blender - skim milk, flavoring, splenda and toss in a few frozen strawberries or half a banana. If I don't use frozen fruit, I through in a handful crushed ice to thicken it up.

Marlene

Jenn,

I think when you start any diet, the first couple weeks are the hardest and then you "get in the swing of things". I've been on South Beach for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It works well for me. I've done SB before. My only problem is that I diet for a big trip and then gain all the weight back. Next year - same problem...... I'm a big soda (diet) fan too. I try to limit to one per day now and consider it a "big treat". I'm so determined to not gain all my weight back after the February cruise. I have another cruise in 10/09 so I hope that will keep me focused to not gain it back and hopefully be even smaller for that cruise. I can dream - right?

Marlene

Hey Marlene :)

Yea, the first few weeks are always hard but then you get so used to it, it becomes second nature. It's just getting myself to do it! But, I keep telling myself how fantastic I want to look as compared to the last cruise I was on and it's pretty motivational. I ordered Zumba the other day so now I'm excited to get it and get started ;)

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the kind words, prayers and motivation. I skipped weigh in last Monday but went tonight and I am down 2#!!!:D

That makes me 182.4 :)

Welcome to all the newbies too!

Never been to Torch Lake but I have heard it is wonderful. Sorry to hear about all the yukkies in 2000. It never rains but it pours, huh?

My son saw the doc and he put him on some meds he had been on a long time ago. It is helping but he still has some serious problems. I am really worried about him becoming anemic. He takes a multivitamin and is trying to eat things high in iron and protein,but when he eats most comes out the other end. :( He called the doc again today (who was is surgery all day and wouldn't get to look at his chart till late or even tomorrow) and left a detailed message with the nurse. Hopefully he can come up with some extra meds and an order for bloodwork.

REALLY looking forward to the cruise....:D Thanks again everyone for all the support. You are awesome:cool:.

Troggie (Karen)

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the kind words, prayers and motivation. I skipped weigh in last Monday but went tonight and I am down 2#!!!:D

That makes me 182.4 :)

Welcome to all the newbies too!

Never been to Torch Lake but I have heard it is wonderful. Sorry to hear about all the yukkies in 2000. It never rains but it pours, huh?

My son saw the doc and he put him on some meds he had been on a long time ago. It is helping but he still has some serious problems. I am really worried about him becoming anemic. He takes a multivitamin and is trying to eat things high in iron and protein,but when he eats most comes out the other end. :( He called the doc again today (who was is surgery all day and wouldn't get to look at his chart till late or even tomorrow) and left a detailed message with the nurse. Hopefully he can come up with some extra meds and an order for bloodwork.

REALLY looking forward to the cruise....:D Thanks again everyone for all the support. You are awesome:cool:.

Troggie (Karen)

Hey Troggie/Karen :). When our kids hurt, we sure do hurt too. I hope and pray that all goes will with your son.

Congrats on the loss!! Woo-hoo!

After I got back from Torch, I was up 3. I decided to go on a little bit more restricted plan for a month and see what happens. I lost 2 right after we got back, then 3 more on the plan which I started on Thursday. So now I have 5 off at Monday's weigh-in. I was stuck at 177 before Torch Lake, at 180 after we got back and now am at 175. I'm really happy about this but am dying to be in the 160s. I still have plenty of time before the cruise but I get really anxious!

Take care.

Dar

The stress caught up with me and I gave in again. Up 2# this week. My son is doing better healthwise, but now on 40mg of Prednisone daily (steroids) for at least 6 weeks to get his colon inflammation and bleeding stopped. :( I am just glad he has the meds available to him.

Now that he is getting better, I am going to work on me. Dog gone it I WILL SUCCEED!!:D

Karen,

You are right - it's time to spend some time thinking about "Karen". Put the weight gain behind you, set up new goals and "go for it". You have 122 days until your cruise. That's 17 1/2 weeks - plenty of time! If you lose 2 lbs per week, you could be at 35 lb loss by cruise time. Just think what a difference that would make in your clothes. Darn - you may have to go out and buy new clothes......

Here's my motto:

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS.

Good luck - I look forward to hearing how you did this week on Monday.

I think today may have been weigh in. If so:

SW: 197.6 (9/6/08)

LW: 186.0

CW: 182.8 (10/6/08)

Marlene

Hey fellow weightloss buddies!! Hope all of you are cruising along towards your goals.. yes, pun intended ;)

I got my Zumba the other day and started today and I have to tell you.. IT IS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! I was disappointed when the dvd was over! I was in my own little zone, concentrating on learning the steps and then the next thing I know, it's over an hour later. I'm SO looking forward to tomorrow's workout! There was some booty shakin goin on in my livingroom for sure LOL

I started what I call "The Zumba Diaries".. Just a spiral notebook to track my progress and write about the whole process. My husband is going to take my "Before" picture tonight. I'm not looking forward to that part simply because well, you guys understand what I'm saying but I also DO look forward to it because I'm excited to see what I look like at the end of December.

I also ordered this green tea called Ultra Lean Green. You just pour it into an 8-16 oz bottle of water, shake it up and drink.. It tastes amazing!!! They say to drink it 2-3 times a day but I honestly think I could drink it all the time lol. I seriously think that the tea combined with Zumba will be my way of finally getting off this weight and keeping it off!

So.. HERE WE GO!!!!

Here's to a fantastic cruise as a bunch of skinny minnies!!!

Love to all!

Jen

Good luck Jen on the Zumba and the green tea formula. I looked on U Tube at Zumba and I don't think my big fat old body can do it! I also looked at your Ultra Lean Green. Seems they like the website likes to put you on automated shipping. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I think I'm going to try the 2 Day Diet Pill. Seems there are a lot of people have success with that one. I'm doing OK with my eating, exercising more than normal for me but with my age I need an extra boost to get over these many plateaus.

Is everyone still doing the Monday weigh ins? I didn't see a lot of posted weights this week.

Marlene

Hey Troggie/Karen :). When our kids hurt, we sure do hurt too. I hope and pray that all goes will with your son.

Congrats on the loss!! Woo-hoo!

After I got back from Torch, I was up 3. I decided to go on a little bit more restricted plan for a month and see what happens. I lost 2 right after we got back, then 3 more on the plan which I started on Thursday. So now I have 5 off at Monday's weigh-in. I was stuck at 177 before Torch Lake, at 180 after we got back and now am at 175. I'm really happy about this but am dying to be in the 160s. I still have plenty of time before the cruise but I get really anxious!

Take care.

Dar

I never tried replying to my own post before but thought I'd add an update to the loss that I listed. I'm still on the new plan. I don't stick to it perfectly and had a big eating day with a pancake breakfast out, a big soft pretzel for lunch and a really decadent dinner out at Carabbas on Saturday. That was a definite day long splurge. In spite of that, I've been losing steadily by sticking mostly to a new menu that includes some good high-fiber, low fat, high-protein soup for lunch and dinner. Some days, like yesterday, I ate a big bowl of low-fat yogurt with wheat germ for lunch, with some cheddar rice cakes, instead of soup. Yesterday I was at 173. It's not even monday (weigh-in day) and I'm already down 2 more lbs. with Thurdsay, Friday, Saturday and Sunday left to go! I don't normally lose weight this steadily. I see myself inching toward the 160's and I can hardly wait.

Archived