Ft. Lauderdale resort

cabrx

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get the Marriott Harbor Beach resort on Priceline for over 5 months before our Oct 16th cruise for a post-cruise night. I also booked a cancellable reservation directly on the hotel's website which at the time was $279 a night for a pool view room. Priceline never came up with availability. In fact, the prices on the hotel's website went up to $309 for oceanview and $319 for oceanfront.

We splurged and are so happy we did. This is probably one of the nicer hotel's in Ft. Lauderdale with a great location on the beach! I had called a few weeks before and gave them our Marriott Rewards number, requested a non-smoking king room, and an early check-in. We arrived at the hotel around 10:30 but our room on the 5th floor was not ready but it would be shortly....she gave us a beeper and after the bell captain tagged our luggage, we went to sit by the pool. After an hour my husband went to check on the room status. He was told the room had been ready for awhile....well, the beeper never worked! I guess it's good that it didn't, because they upgraded us to a gorgeous oceanfront room which was marked $580/night on the back of the door!!! Big marble bathroom, large closet....very, very nice linens, and from the balcony you could see the ocean and part of the pool too. The pool area was very pretty, with a large pool and waterfalls and lots of lounge chairs. To get to the pool area you had to show your room card and there were stacks of towels right there. There was a DJ by the pool with a good selection of music.

This was the perfect end to our cruise!

I have tried to get this hotel/resort several times on priceline also. No luck at all! Since we are flying in the night before and arriving late (10pm), I didn't pursue this one especially since it was for next April (springbreak)

We ended up paying $75 for the Sheraton FLL/airport. I just hope this hotel is nice. Haven't seen to much info or feedback on it.

Good Luck everyone!

Donna

I have bid up to $150 hoping for the Harbour Marriott Resort. No luck. I am looking now at the hotels offered by priceline on Hollywood Beach and Pompano Beach. We really wanted to stay on the beach for two nites following our February cruise.

Archived