Has Anyone Ever Arranged Their Cabin Beds Like This?

ManhattanCruiser

I'm going to be in an inside cabin on the Golden, and I would love to make the "floorspace" feel larger by moving the bed against one wall and moving both of the nightstands to the other side, as in the (poorly) photoshopped picture below.

Has anyone done this?

I'm usually a big fan of uniformity and order...but I almost feel like having that extra room to move that second comfy chair around might be really nice.

Not that I plan to spend that much time in the room...but, still.

And the inside cabins DO have one of the "easy chairs" in addition to the desk chair right?

aInsideTry1cRsz.jpg.046ffadc0fc2bd0c6a1dad6f751a1b44.jpg

You could ask your cabin attendant if the furniture could be re-arranged that way. Based on the diagrams, yes, there is a vanity/desk with a chair in each inside room.

Thanks dforeigner... since I posted this I've looked at the diagram which indicates TWO chairs... but I can't find photographic evidence (on webshots, flickr, etc.) that there truly IS that second chair.

Actually, we had the room steward push both beds to one side of the room because we had 2 small children sleeping with us. Since 2 sides of the bed were against the wall, it minimized the kids' chance of rolling off the bed.

The photo you showed had the 2 bedside tables pushed to one side of the room and lined up nicely, but in reality, if the beds are pushed against the wall (like shown in the photo), one of the side table couldn't face the front. I think it had to do with the plug of the lamp that's attached to the table. I can't remember exactly why our room steward couldn't put both side tables to face the front, but we only had access to the drawers of one side table.

There was only 1 chair in the inside cabin. We always piled overnight clothes on that chair, so I remember! There is also a small glass table in the room. When we first cruised with Princess, a plate of cookies would be on that table welcoming us.

I didn't see any cookies on our last Princess cruise (Golden-new year's cruise).

Sorry :( , but there is no second "comfy" chair in an interior stateroom - just the desk/vanity chair.

DH and I move the small table into the closet area to create additional space.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

What a great idea, and not just for interior rooms. All that seems to be on our table is junk mail, etc. You could always pull it out for room service or some crackers and cheese before dinner.:)

The inside rooms do only have the desk chair - we have had inside rooms several times on the CB. The small table fits nicely in the closet and it can be brought out if needed for room service.

It's a shame that the diagram for an inside cabin on the Golden shows TWO chairs. It's misleading.

I'm going to be in an inside cabin on the Golden, and I would love to make the "floorspace" feel larger by moving the bed against one wall and moving both of the nightstands to the other side, as in the (poorly) photoshopped picture below.

Has anyone done this?

They are moveable so yes you can. :)

We've had inside cabins on Grand Princess and Caribbean Princess. Both had the small glass-topped table and the desk chair (one was a stool at the desk)... along with an upholstered sitting chair in front of the refrigerator. We had to move the chair out of the way to access the fridge. The chair was shaped a bit like a barrel with the side cut out, but you could access the floor space under the chair (clear space). I looked through our photos, and my husband didn't take any pics from the right angle to capture the chair.

What a great idea, and not just for interior rooms. All that seems to be on our table is junk mail, etc. You could always pull it out for room service or some crackers and cheese before dinner.:)

Necessity was the mother of that invention because we kept stubbing our toes on the table legs :eek: :D

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I hope the lucky person who has the bed against the wall has an iron bladder at night.....:D

Oh, the "scoot" to the foot of the bed is genetically implanted in Manhattanites from the old days when our apartment was just about the width of a double bed. I've moved on to a larger home...but the skill lives on. :)

Archived