lanyards

Hi Ladyjayneq, i was on Destiny at easter and dont remember seeing anyone using a lanyard with their seapass. You have to hand over your pass whenever you order anything and the stewards go off with it and bring it back with your drinks etc, might be awkward with a lanyard. Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise,

eaststandbaggie

Do cruisers on Spirit use lanyards or anything similar for their sea pass etc? Don't want to look complete idiot if no one else uses them.

Seen one or two seniors wearing them, for practical use I think and also seen others who I've mistaken for confused rappers and bling bling merchants :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, i've been reading so many different threads I think it must be the Americans on their cruises who use them. Hubby and I definitey wont. In response to the question what are sea passes - from what I had read they are passes you show whenever you return to ship. Don't know if Thomson do anything similar?

Yes, just come off an American ship and they're quite big on lanyards - had the feeling it was more like a badge of honour to indicate your status (different card colours for different staterooms/frequent cruisers etc.) No such snobbery on Thomsons!

As for your card - it's just like a credit card with your name printed on it. You have to have it swiped for ID as you get on and off the ship (it brings up a photo of you taken at embarkation on their computer to make sure it's the correct person for security purposes.) It also lets them know who's on and off the ship.

It also serves as a 'credit card' on board. It's a cashless ship so if you want to buy anything (drinks, shop, salons etc.) you offer your card and they record it and it all goes onto your account. Even if you have AI you still have to give them your card when you order drinks but it's recorded as zero cost on the bill.

Archived